Author Topic: U1272A update  (Read 31368 times)

Offline Kiriakos-GR

• Super Contributor
  • !
  • User is banned.
    • Honda AX-1 rebuild
Re: U1272A update
« Reply #50 on: June 12, 2011, 03:11:42 pm »
I test it, and download  it before 5 seconds .

http://www.home.agilent.com/upload/cmc_upload/All/U1272A_V200_0525.zip

Offline PetrosATopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #51 on: June 12, 2011, 03:18:16 pm »
That file just contains the firmware itself (U1272A_V200_0525.AG), not the updater software. There's supposed to be an .exe file with the program that actually loads the firmware that I can't get.
I miss my home I miss my porch, porch

Offline Kiriakos-GR

• Super Contributor
  • !
  • User is banned.
    • Honda AX-1 rebuild
« Reply #52 on: June 12, 2011, 05:08:07 pm »
Ok, if so you need the firmware utility  U1272A_Firmware_Update_Software_20100908.zip   26MB.

Yes it looks down for the moment, and by looking the time zone of Malaysia,
it will take at list 12 hours until to be restored.

I would like to help, but I have no bandwidth so to upload one file like that. ( GSM internet)
Sorry.   

Offline saturation

• Super Contributor
  • Doveryai, no proveryai
    • NIST
« Reply #53 on: June 13, 2011, 02:20:01 pm »
There is some weirdness in the upgrade process, so maybe Agilent is fixing the installer.  You may want to wait for them to repost it.   If you want it now pm me, the installer is 26MB.

If you already have the serial port driver installed, its fine, but the upgrade installer does not install the driver, and appears to hangs if it can't find it, nor gives you a message it can't find it or its not installed.

Once the serial port driver is properly installed the upgrade software finds the DMM in a snap.   The .net framework based software is slow, is > 10 minutes for the PC side on Win7, but once OK its very fast for the firmware upgrade to the DMM, even with the default baud rate.   The install software or the driver have no bugs, otherwise.

The meter works more reliably but there are residual issues, none of them are critical, that remain unchanged.  For example, The artifact 1kVAC appears by manipulating the switch with 15VDC being measured, then slowly disappears.  Other minor issues that exists in this model aren't in the 1252a or the 87V.

That file just contains the firmware itself (U1272A_V200_0525.AG), not the updater software. There's supposed to be an .exe file with the program that actually loads the firmware that I can't get.
Best Wishes,

Saturation

Offline Kiriakos-GR

• Super Contributor
  • !
  • User is banned.
    • Honda AX-1 rebuild
« Reply #54 on: June 15, 2011, 10:33:41 pm »

Offline Floyo

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #55 on: June 21, 2011, 09:31:40 am »
I just got my cable in the post this morning, DHL high priority air mail. I sent the email June 11th, package was sent the 17th. and it got here today. Not bad especially becouse I'm used to waiting a month or more for stuff to arrive from Asia.

Updating the firmware was a piece of cake, so now the hunt for new bugs is on :P

Offline Kiriakos-GR

• Super Contributor
  • !
  • User is banned.
    • Honda AX-1 rebuild
« Reply #56 on: June 21, 2011, 09:55:20 am »
Floyo did you use the first software updater utility ? or the latest ?  and what windows do you use ?

( The truth are that both versions was identical , the latest for some reason it uses an older driver than the first,
but comes uncompressed , and you can see the driver uninstaller as separate file)

I did not had to use the update,  my DMM came all ready updated from the factory.   
Welcome on the data logging club  ;)
« Last Edit: June 21, 2011, 10:46:31 am by Kiriakos-GR »

Offline Floyo

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #57 on: June 21, 2011, 10:01:38 am »
I think its the latest one, it has to separate folders with the drivers one normal and one for 64 bit vista. But I didn't install the drivers because I already have an usb-rs232 converter for µC projects that uses the same chip. I use win7.

Offline saturation

• Super Contributor
  • Doveryai, no proveryai
    • NIST
« Reply #58 on: June 23, 2011, 06:39:18 pm »
Accuracy tests on the 1272a are summarized on these graphs.

The test 1272a unit meets or exceeds the Fluke 87V in all functions except capacitance.  The minimum capacitance it reads accurately is 1nF despite what the manual says; beyond it the accuracy drops markedly and one 1272a , refuses to read below 1nF.  For comparison, other known DMM of equal or lesser accuracy are also co-measured to show the tests accuracy is expected of each DMM's published specification.

1272aC is factory calibrated.  1272a was shipped off cal, and was adjusted by me in DC ranges.  However, further tests show its also off in AC ranges compared to the factory calibrated unit.

This chart is a rank scale of accuracy for each basic DMM function, smaller bars are better.  The Agilent 1252a is surprisingly the most accurate of all the DMMs tested, in all ranges ~ almost a factor of 2, see the raw data chart.  The 1252a's one weakness is noise in high megaohms scale reduces accuracy reading.

The 'busy' chart is a cumulative error for every tested scale; shorter bars are better.  The lines follow 2 primary sources of inaccuracy, the capacitance scale on the 1272a and the Vac scale for all DMMs.

« Last Edit: June 23, 2011, 06:47:53 pm by saturation »
Best Wishes,

Saturation

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf