Author Topic: U1620A power supply specs  (Read 822 times)

Offline tech_builderTopic starter

• Contributor
U1620A power supply specs
« on: May 09, 2020, 03:09:38 pm »
Hi,

I recently purchased an U1620A portable oscilloscope from Keysight's eBay store; however, it does not come with a power supply. It is listed as being 15V 4A, but I can't find any info about the barrel jack. The specified one is very expensive and does not seem to be in stock anyways.

I am looking for the barrel jack outer and inner diameter, as well as the polarity (ie center negative).

Thank you

Offline threephase

• Regular Contributor
Re: U1620A power supply specs
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2020, 04:56:49 pm »
I have the U1602B and the PSU jack on it is an odd ball. Whilst it is a standard 2.1mm DC jack in terms of diameters, it has an extended sleeve as per the attached. The PSU rating for mine is not the same as yours, it is 12V at 2A.

It is centre pin positive and overall length is 70mm. I have in the past been able to use a 2.1mm rewireable DC jack without the plastic cover and it will fit.

No guarantee it is the same, but may be of help.

Kind regards

Offline maginnovision

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2020, 05:47:58 pm »
1. The inside is positive but it's not a pin the pin is scope side.
2. The barrel is 5.5 x 2.1 and 22mm in length, which is required(Roughly 50% insulated)

PPM-2-5521L-S from CUI might work

Offline TheSteve

• Supporter
  • Living the Dream
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2020, 09:08:18 pm »
FYI, it uses the same battery and PSU as a FieldFox portable VNA. So that might broaden your search term.

It uses the same battery as a FieldFox but the adapter is technically different. The scope uses the really long "safety" version of a 2.1mm jack. It is positive center. The older FieldFox adapter will plug in and just barely work to power the scope. The newer version of the FieldFox power adapter will no longer plug in at all. The older version of the FieldFox power adapter is part # 0950-5014.
VE7FM

The following users thanked this post: blueskull

Offline tech_builderTopic starter

• Contributor
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2020, 11:02:46 pm »
Thanks so much for the information! I am going to order the part maginnovision suggested and see how it goes.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf