Author Topic: LitePoint IQultra WiMedia Test System  (Read 3254 times)

Offline SparkyBruce

• Contributor
LitePoint IQultra WiMedia Test System
« on: May 13, 2015, 08:28:40 pm »
Hello,

I have just bought one of these off ebay and I was wondering if anyone here has ever used one. (I don't know if it is the 100 or 300 version as the label was torn off).

I have contacted LitePoint to see if I can get any software for it.

The only list price I have been able to find was $55K back in 2008 for the IQultra300 system.

I am hoping to be able to use it as a more general purpose analyser, or worst case do a tear down of it to post here.

Thanks

Bruce
BEng(Hons) CEng MIET (MIEE)

Offline SparkyBruce

• Contributor
Re: LitePoint IQultra WiMedia Test System
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2015, 03:30:14 pm »
The unit has turned up in good condition so all I need now is the software drivers.

Inside is nice and clean and it has the three wideband receiver boards which means it is the expensive model.

I will post some pictures later , but for now it is just an expensive powered USB hub.

Bruce

Offline tmbinc

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2015, 08:42:15 pm »
Certainly very interesting specs, as far as I could find. I would love to see photos.

Online daqq

• Super Contributor
    • My site
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2015, 05:11:31 am »
I too would love to see some innards  :) By the way, how much did you pay for it if you don't mind my asking?
Believe it or not, pointy haired people do exist!
+++Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++

Offline SparkyBruce

• Contributor
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2015, 07:21:14 am »
Well for the system that I have with the three processing boards the list price was $55,000

Ebay seller wanted £500 and accepted my offer of £100 given the unknown condition of the unit or even if it was the single or triple processing version. (including postage).

Here is a quick shot of the top of the unit showing the front analogue board connected directly to one of the processing boards , with two almost identical ones stacked on top with different fit options. They use sata/SAS cables to get the signals from the front end to the processing boards so I assume the high speed ADC's are on the front analogue processing board under the metal cans.

The processing board has a big Virtex 4 fpga together with a smaller Spartan one and four high speed 18Mbit SRAMS (512K x 36 bits 167Mhz) Cypress CY7C1380D's.

The three processing boards sit on a USB interface board that as well as a USB hub , has the USB to PC interface for all the processing boards.

When plugged into a PC the PC sees the USB hub , and an Unknown device for which it needs a Windows device driver (which I am trying to get from LitePoint at the moment).

My hope is to be able to use the API's for the system to do analysis from the 3.1Ghz up to 10.6Ghz bands for more general purpose spectrum analyser applications (I have a signal hound which processes 250Khz bandwidth at once , so going to 1.6Ghz at once is going to be a big improvement).

I will post some more pictures later on.

Thanks

Bruce

Online daqq

• Super Contributor
    • My site
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2015, 08:52:39 am »
Wow, that's some serious power for just 100 GBP. If you can hack it, then it's an epic win...
Believe it or not, pointy haired people do exist!
+++Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf