Author Topic: Tagarno microscope useless for board inspection in my view  (Read 1894 times)

Offline Bob STopic starter

• Contributor
Tagarno microscope useless for board inspection in my view
« on: December 24, 2014, 01:40:12 am »
I was looking into the Tagarno microscope that Dave has and learned from Tagarno that there is no height adjustment so if your board has components that are too tall to focus you cant without putting the stand on some books or extending the camera off the bench and hand holding the board (yes, THERE solutions).  This does not sound like a well thought out microscope for $4500.00++ Very disappointing. If anyone knows of a similar but more usable unit, please let me know.

Offline rx8pilot

• Super Contributor
  • If you want more money, be more valuable.
Re: Tagarno microscope useless for board inspection in my view
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2014, 02:17:05 am »
It looks like a solid travel range on the website? What are you talking about? How tall is your PCB?
Factory400 - the worlds smallest factory. https://www.youtube.com/c/Factory400

Offline Bob STopic starter

• Contributor
Re: Tagarno microscope useless for board inspection in my view
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2014, 03:20:39 am »
Some double sided boards can have tall capacitors, transformer, heatsinks etc on one side and a lot of SMDs on the other. The demos on the web are with single sided looking boards lying flat on the bench. What if you need to hold the board at an angle to side inspect? Just going by what I see and what the company has told me.
If there is a published specification for the usable focus range, I would like to see it.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf