Author Topic: Uni-T UTC2062C oscilloscope  (Read 7511 times)

Offline oshakerTopic starter

Uni-T UTC2062C oscilloscope
« on: December 17, 2012, 11:52:48 pm »
Hi,

I sought oscilloscopes where I live and found Uni-T UTD2062C. Other brands such as Tektronix, Agilent, Hameg are available upon request and the nearest price jumps more than twice the Uni-T, unfortunately Rigol has no reseller in my place.. The Uni-T UTD2062C costs around $420 here, I am not sure about whether to buy it or not. Suggestions are welcome on this model, because I could not find full reviews on it as for Rigol and Owon.. Also UTD2102C is available but a bit more expensive.

regards
« Last Edit: December 17, 2012, 11:56:44 pm by oshaker »

Offline StubbornGreek

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Uni-T UTC2062C oscilloscope
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2012, 02:58:37 am »
I must say that on paper, the Uni-T looks really nice. If I remember correctly, I even recommended it to someone (I mentioned that I had no personal experience with the instrument) based on the numbers and a few forum threads I found online. However, keep in mind that some Uni-T products are a really great values (i.e. UT61E) and some are the complete opposite (hit or miss). Please let us know how it works out for you if you take the plunge.
"The reward of a thing well done is to have it done"
-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Offline Wytnucls

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2012, 05:36:01 am »
If you are talking about the UTD2062CM, with the 7 inch TFT 800x480 screen, the price seems reasonable, considering the improvements on the CE model. Much larger memory depth and acquisition rate.
I don't have any experience with their scopes either (I own a Rigol DS1052E), but they seem to be well made and on a par with the lesser Chinese manufacturers. I thought initially that Rigol may have been the OEM for these scopes, but my UNI-T contact tells me everything is made in-house.
Ideally, the sofware would need to be checked for depth of features, before you commit yourself.

Offline T4P

• Super Contributor
    • T4P
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2012, 04:51:35 pm »
If you are talking about the UTD2062CM, with the 7 inch TFT 800x480 screen, the price seems reasonable, considering the improvements on the CE model. Much larger memory depth and acquisition rate.
But is it for real? Like other multiple failures in the bench segment? Not to mention the accuracy drift on the UT71s

Offline IanJ

• Supporter
  • Full time EE & Youtuber
    • IanJohnston.com
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2012, 08:28:23 pm »
Hi,

I have the UTD2102CEL and actually quite like it! I know UNI-T don't have the best reputation in the world for quality scopes, but for the price I paid (Ebay direct from China) it's fine. They are cheap DSO's so just remember that.

Here's it in action on my bench triggering on an varying Futaba RC PPM stream (duration trigger) and zooming in on the waveform.......nice & steady result.

Ian.

Ian Johnston - Original designer of the PDVS2mini || Author of the free WinGPIB app.
Website - www.ianjohnston.com
YT Channel (electronics repairs & projects): www.youtube.com/user/IanScottJohnston, Twitter (X): https://twitter.com/IanSJohnston

Offline Wytnucls

• Super Contributor
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2012, 09:17:37 pm »
Nice pic, Ian. We don't often see reviews of UNI-T scopes. Perhaps you'd like to do one for us in the near future.
Is this model discontinued? I can only find the UTD2102CE in the 2013 catalogue.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2012, 09:22:24 pm by Wytnucls »

Offline IanJ

• Supporter
    • IanJohnston.com
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2012, 08:35:51 am »
Nice pic, Ian. We don't often see reviews of UNI-T scopes. Perhaps you'd like to do one for us in the near future.
Is this model discontinued? I can only find the UTD2102CE in the 2013 catalogue.

Would love to do a review, alas just don't have the time..........roll on retirement!

Differences between UTD2102CE & UTD2102CEL you can read here:
http://www.uni-trend.com/UTD2102CE.html
http://www.uni-trend.com/UTD2102CEL.html

Hmmm, I always presumed the CEL is the newer one just because of the widescreen and the slightly better specs.

Ian.
Ian Johnston - Original designer of the PDVS2mini || Author of the free WinGPIB app.
YT Channel (electronics repairs & projects): www.youtube.com/user/IanScottJohnston, Twitter (X): https://twitter.com/IanSJohnston

Offline Wytnucls

• Super Contributor
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2012, 09:02:51 am »
Thanks, it looks like the CEL model was replaced in 2012 or earlier, with the CM version, with slighly better specs:
« Last Edit: December 19, 2012, 09:04:25 am by Wytnucls »

Offline Wytnucls

• Super Contributor
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2012, 10:22:52 am »
As you may have noticed, UNI-T has moved away from the bright red color on their scope casings, as clients wanted a more professional look in the lab, instead of instruments mascarading as expensive Fisher-Price toys. White and grey is now the norm, at least for the lab scopes and function generators.

Pricing is pretty competitive, assuming the quality in hardware and software is of an acceptable standard.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-UNI-T-Digital-Oscilloscopes-1GS-s-100MHz-UTD2102CEL-7-LCD-/261025657281?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cc65771c1
« Last Edit: December 19, 2012, 10:31:10 am by Wytnucls »

Offline IanJ

• Supporter
    • IanJohnston.com
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2012, 11:42:44 am »
As you may have noticed, UNI-T has moved away from the bright red color on their scope casings

My 2102CEL is the white with blue/grey colour. I think for a while they were available as both.

Ian.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf