Author Topic: Upgrading Mainboard in Lecroy DDA-3000 (aka WavePro 7300a?)  (Read 166871 times)

Kosmic and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Converter

• Regular Contributor
Re: Upgrading Mainboard in Lecroy DDA-3000 (aka WavePro 7300a?)
« Reply #150 on: April 06, 2017, 08:21:49 pm »
Hi, Eugene,
If for you it will not be hard, please ask the same for them: they can sell 8 rear legs for LeCroy 7k and a set of control knobs for the front panel. Also, maybe it makes sense once again to ask about the front plastic frame, although  there have already reported  that they do not sell this part.

Thanks in advance.

As for the front panel for DVD, there really are several leading manufacturers of such drives, in which the front panel mount is different. If you desire, you can still find suitable compatible front panels for replacement. Or change the drive itself :)
Let me know the model of your DVD drive.
In fact, the design of the front panel is not strictly defined. Depending on the destination, the manufacturer supplies the drive with different versions of the front panel. You can write to Google your drive model and you will see many options panels.

Many times I did upgrade to the DVD drive in measuring instruments (since the days of mainframe TLA714) and I always managed to find a flat front panel. Currently, my LeCroy 7K has a motorized sata DVD drive, which does not have this unreliable "tongue-stand". He independently tightens and pushes the disc directly.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2017, 01:32:44 pm by Converter »

Offline tomshao

« Reply #151 on: April 10, 2017, 10:52:44 am »
Just want you guys to know that I had dxl's win7 front panel driver installed on my DDA-3000 running Windows XP. It works quite well. Before that and after I upgrade the old P4 2.5g to a P4 3.2GE, the front panel behaved weird.

Thank you @Wuerstchenhund, you helped me to root the cause. :scared:
Thank you @dxl, your driver solved the problem.  :-DD :-DD
« Last Edit: April 10, 2017, 11:04:49 am by tomshao »

The following users thanked this post: Wuerstchenhund

Offline edrtu

« Reply #152 on: April 17, 2017, 04:46:13 pm »
Thank you for your drive, my DDA3000 successfully upgraded to win7.
In order to AGP, I bought a 775 socket 865 chipset motherboard. Upgrade CPU, software upgrade to XP, single CPU, no problem, but the use of CPU dual core  control panel LED will be a mess.
Windows upgrade to Win7, DXL driver can not be used. The exception of graphics drivers, I think this should be the motherboard chip too old, win7 can not identify.
Later bought a H61 chipset motherboard, PCI drive exception, found that H61 does not support the PCI, motherboard PCI is converted by the PCIe.
Finally bought a ASUS p8q77, everything goes well. Bought a 10.4 inch display, with a touch screen, 1024*768 resolution, remove the shell, mounted on the DDA3000, motherboard and monitor with VGA.
English is not good, by translation software, I hope you can understand.

« Last Edit: April 17, 2017, 04:55:24 pm by edrtu »

Offline lowtension

• Contributor
« Reply #153 on: May 24, 2017, 10:37:58 pm »
Hello,

I just acquired a DDA-5005 with processor speed 863MHz ,512MB,Firmware Version   6.8.1.4. No info on processor or motherboard yet  since I did not recieved it yet.

Have some questions,
1 - is it possible to upgrade to version 8.X ? wher do I find the complete software with drivers? 
2 - what motherboard /processor should I upgrade to ?  and harddisk.
3 - Any LCD display upgrade options ?
3 - Should I go for win7?

Many thanks in advance!

George

Offline Converter

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #154 on: May 24, 2017, 11:25:37 pm »
Hello George,

You can apply a more modern motherboard micro-ATX and sata-SSD.
For the processor, enough to have a 1-2 core with a maximum operating frequency and a modern, efficient pipelines.
The most optimal, probably should be a platform:

Motherboard LGA1156, i5-680 processor (3.6 GHz);
Motherboard LGA1155, processor i3-3250 (3.5 GHz);
Motherboard LGA1150, processor i3-4370 (3.8 GHz)

In order not to alter the mount, I used LCD matrix NL10276BC20-04 (1024x768), which in the mounting dimensions is identical to the original NL8060BC26-17 (800x600). But you can use any other LCD.

You will also need a new skaler for the format 1024x768. For its installation, you can use the connection to the HAV output of a separate discrete video card (PCI-e), or as well as albertruse a motherboard (similar to the Advantech AIMB-581), where the LVDS is present on board.
You must use the new Win7 or Win XP driver from Sven. Modern motherboards no longer support WinXP. Therefore, the choice of operating system depends on this.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2017, 08:52:07 pm by Converter »

Offline lowtension

• Contributor
« Reply #155 on: May 25, 2017, 02:12:04 pm »
Hello George,

You can apply a more modern motherboard mini-ATX and sata-SSD.
For the processor, enough to have a 1-2 core with a maximum operating frequency and a modern, efficient pipelines.
The most optimal, probably should be a platform:

Motherboard LGA1156, i5-680 processor (3.6 GHz);
Motherboard LGA1155, processor i3-3250 (3.5 GHz);
Motherboard LGA1150, processor i3-4370 (3.8 GHz)

In order not to alter the mount, I used LCD matrix NL10276DC20-04 (1024x768), which in the mounting dimensions is identical to the original NL8060BC26-17 (800x600). But you can use any other LCD.

You will also need a new skaler for the format 1024x768. For its installation, you can use the connection to the HAV output of a separate discrete video card (PCI-e), or as well as albertruse a motherboard (similar to the Advantech AIMB-581), where the LVDS is present on board.
You must use the new Win7 or Win XP driver from Sven. Modern motherboards no longer support WinXP. Therefore, the choice of operating system depends on this.

Thanks for the information. I can see that you are using Asrock motherboard, what is the modell number ?  regarding the 1024x768 display, any benefits from that when running the x-stream software compaired to the original? also, I can see that you are using a seperate graphic card, is it for the 1024x768 display by using a scaler card to genrate the LVDS signals?
Thanks
« Last Edit: May 25, 2017, 05:07:48 pm by lowtension »

Offline nctnico

• Super Contributor
    • NCT Developments
« Reply #156 on: May 25, 2017, 02:45:35 pm »
In order not to alter the mount, I used LCD matrix NL10276DC20-04 (1024x768), which in the mounting dimensions is identical to the original NL8060BC26-17 (800x600). But you can use any other LCD.
I thought you mounted an iPad display in your Wavepro 7300?
There are small lies, big lies and then there is what is on the screen of your oscilloscope.

Offline lowtension

• Contributor
« Reply #157 on: May 25, 2017, 03:10:43 pm »
"Upgraded" WP7K1 to 1024x768 XGA LCD panel with LED backlight. Touchscreen is still a 4 wire resistive type, so the same TS serial driver works and TS can be turned on/off or calibrated from LeCroy X-Stream application. Backlight intensity is controlled from X-Stream application as well the same way as it was with the original fluorescent bulb backlight. Front panel seems to work fine with Sven's driver.

-albertr

Hello,

Did you also replaced the Touchscreen ?
Thanks

Offline Converter

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #158 on: May 25, 2017, 07:14:18 pm »
Thanks for the information. I can see that you are using Asrock motherboard, what is the modell number ?  regarding the 1024x768 display, any benefits from that when running the x-stream software compaired to the original? also, I can see that you are using a seperate graphic card, is it for the 1024x768 display by using a scaler card to genrate the LVDS signals?
Thanks
Yes, you understood correctly.
I used an arbitrary motherboard 1150-socket microATX, which for me it was profitable to buy in eBay. And on which there are PCI slots. This is ASRock H97M Pro4.
The 800x600 format is insufficient in terms of graphics quantization on the display. To date, the industry standard is already 1024x768 and even higher, for this class of oscilloscopes.
Just like me, you can use any discrete graphics card in the PCI-e slot. You will only need to gently connect the scaler module to the DVI or VGA (DE15F) output of the video card inside the oscilloscope housing. I use the second port of an external monitor for this.
Glass touchscreen can leave the original (4 pin), or install any other with a separate touchscreen controller module that supports Windows. You can even apply a capacitive touchscreen system.

In order not to alter the mount, I used LCD matrix NL10276BC20-04 (1024x768), which in the mounting dimensions is identical to the original NL8060BC26-17 (800x600). But you can use any other LCD.
I thought you mounted an iPad display in your Wavepro 7300?

I'm still considering this possibility. The fact is that with all the advantages and a great high-resolution image, the fonts become too small.

Sergey.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2017, 08:52:44 pm by Converter »

Offline lukier

• Supporter
    • Homepage
« Reply #159 on: May 25, 2017, 09:06:31 pm »
I used an arbitrary motherboard 1150-socket miniATX, which for me it was profitable to buy in eBay. And on which there are PCI slots. This is ASRock H97M Pro4.

Interestingly, this motherboard does PCI by employing ASM1083 PCIe->PCI bridge. Therefore it seems that using PCIe->PCI adapters (often based on similar chip) is doable.

I recently scored WaveRunner 6100A and I'm in the process of upgrading it. The goal is to use ASRock IMB-181-L motherboard (industrial, has LVDS - didn't want scaler as it is a bit messy), i7-4770, 8GB RAM and SSD. I'm also upgrading the original 8.4" 800x600 LCD to 1024x768 (AA084XA03) - unfortunately the mounting holes are different so things got a bit drastic, especially for the panel.

The biggest issue is the front panel, as it is done with a H8S microcontroller with buggy USB stack, thus it won't work with EHCI rate matching controllers on newer motherboards. I'll be trying various options to solve this problem.

Another, minor, issue is the touch screen controller - UR7HCTS2-USB. It works, as it is a HID device, but I cannot find drivers (i.e. calibration tool) anywhere. LeCroy software supports drivers from https://touch-base.com/. This company also did the driver for this Semtech chip, but now the best I could get is a trial version from them that shows annoying popup every 100 taps. This company seems to be making drivers for various touch screen chips, for example for Microchip AR1100, for which the non-trial driver is available on Microchip's website, so maybe I'll replace the original chip with the Microchip one.

I'll report my findings in a new thread when I'll finish the upgrades and iron out various bugs.

BTW Sergey are you the one that described TLA704->TLA715 upgrade (with TLA721) on now defunct realstrannik forum? I never really learned Russian properly and forgot the alphabet long ago, but with the help of Google Translate I managed to upgrade my TLA704 last year  :-+

Offline Converter

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #160 on: May 26, 2017, 01:31:21 pm »
Interestingly, this motherboard does PCI by employing ASM1083 PCIe->PCI bridge. Therefore it seems that using PCIe->PCI adapters (often based on similar chip) is doable.

I recently scored WaveRunner 6100A and I'm in the process of upgrading it. The goal is to use ASRock IMB-181-L motherboard (industrial, has LVDS - didn't want scaler as it is a bit messy), i7-4770, 8GB RAM and SSD. I'm also upgrading the original 8.4" 800x600 LCD to 1024x768 (AA084XA03) - unfortunately the mounting holes are different so things got a bit drastic, especially for the panel.

The biggest issue is the front panel, as it is done with a H8S microcontroller with buggy USB stack, thus it won't work with EHCI rate matching controllers on newer motherboards. I'll be trying various options to solve this problem.

Another, minor, issue is the touch screen controller - UR7HCTS2-USB. It works, as it is a HID device, but I cannot find drivers (i.e. calibration tool) anywhere. LeCroy software supports drivers from https://touch-base.com/. This company also did the driver for this Semtech chip, but now the best I could get is a trial version from them that shows annoying popup every 100 taps. This company seems to be making drivers for various touch screen chips, for example for Microchip AR1100, for which the non-trial driver is available on Microchip's website, so maybe I'll replace the original chip with the Microchip one.

I'll report my findings in a new thread when I'll finish the upgrades and iron out various bugs.
Hi,

Perhaps you could refuse to use UR7HCTS2-USB in favor of some other discrete touchscreen-controller board?

BTW Sergey are you the one that described TLA704->TLA715 upgrade (with TLA721) on now defunct realstrannik forum? I never really learned Russian properly and forgot the alphabet long ago, but with the help of Google Translate I managed to upgrade my TLA704 last year  :-+
Thank you. Yes, this is my publication since December, 2015. But the realstrannik.com regularly works and now.
I can imagine how hard it was for you to translate this into English, because when you publish material only for a Russian-speaking audience, you do not use a strict official style, there's a lot of specific slang.

Sergey.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2018, 12:12:46 am by Converter »

The following users thanked this post: lukier

Offline lukier

• Supporter
    • Homepage
« Reply #161 on: May 26, 2017, 01:48:04 pm »
Perhaps you could refuse to use UR7HCTS2-USB in favor of some other discrete touchscreen-controller board?

I have one of these $5 USB to touch screen boards from eBay China - these are even worse. It is not a HID device and the drivers are not made by touch-base.com therefore no nice integration with the XStream software.

In the worst case I'll make my own front panel board with AR1100 for the touch screen and some STM32 with USB interfacing to the front panel controls PCB. The protocol seems to be relatively simple, it looks like a custom HID device that sends button presses or encoder deltas with timestamps and accepts commands to turn LEDs on and off. Probably there are some control transfers to get the FW version - it is reported in the service menu (or maybe production or developer level of access menu, I don't remember).

Thank you. Yes, this is my publication since December, 2015. But the realstrannik.com regularly works and now.

Good job! My old bookmarked link didn't work so I thought the website is not functional anymore.

I got my TLA704 from nctnico who already upgraded the display to XGA. Then I got TLA721 for decent price and followed your guidelines. I didn't bother with a lot of cutting to fit the DVD and USB ports - cutting the CPU heatsink with an angle grinder was enough MechEng for me :), so I removed the FDD and mounted 2 USB ports there on a piece of sheet metal. I've only connected the DVD when installing WinXP. Instead of the HDD I use an mSATA drive I had lying around, inside a mSATA to SATA adapter connected to a SATA to IDE adapter :)

Offline Converter

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #162 on: May 26, 2017, 05:19:41 pm »
I have one of these $5 USB to touch screen boards from eBay China - these are even worse. It is not a HID device and the drivers are not made by touch-base.com therefore no nice integration with the XStream software.

I have a pair of some Chinese USB touchscreen controllers, which I did not even buy, but at random I have them. On one of them I see a microcontroller ATmega8L + CY7C63723C (USB interface I / O controller). On the second - some Chinese specialized controller HB45V033 + FT24C02A EEPROM.
It seems I used ATouch 3.2.1 software with them. And they both work fine. In any case, I did not notice any problems during the test connection to LeCroy WP7K - you may have already seen my video: « Reply #84 on: February 25, 2017, 01:49:46 AM »

Good job! My old bookmarked link didn't work so I thought the website is not functional anymore.

I got my TLA704 from nctnico who already upgraded the display to XGA. Then I got TLA721 for decent price and followed your guidelines. I didn't bother with a lot of cutting to fit the DVD and USB ports - cutting the CPU heatsink with an angle grinder was enough MechEng for me :), so I removed the FDD and mounted 2 USB ports there on a piece of sheet metal. I've only connected the DVD when installing WinXP. Instead of the HDD I use an mSATA drive I had lying around, inside a mSATA to SATA adapter connected to a SATA to IDE adapter :)

Interesting information.
How did you get XGA? Did you change the BIOS firmware and used the original TTL video output line from the motherboard, or did you use the scaler to use the D-Sub analog video port?
« Last Edit: May 26, 2017, 05:31:04 pm by Converter »

Offline nctnico

• Super Contributor
    • NCT Developments
« Reply #163 on: May 26, 2017, 05:42:55 pm »
Lukier has my old TLA704. Initially I hacked the GRUB bootloader to change the display to XGA before booting into Windows 2000. Later on somebody hacked the BIOS to start with XGA. For the rest it is just a matter of connecting an XGA TFT panel to the existing panel connector.
There are small lies, big lies and then there is what is on the screen of your oscilloscope.

Offline lukier

• Supporter
    • Homepage
« Reply #164 on: May 26, 2017, 05:56:46 pm »
I have a pair of some Chinese USB touchscreen controllers, which I did not even buy, but at random I have them. On one of them I see a microcontroller ATmega8L + CY7C63723C (USB interface I / O controller). On the second - some Chinese specialized controller HB45V033 + FT24C02A EEPROM.
It seems I used ATouch 3.2.1 software with them. And they both work fine. In any case, I did not notice any problems during the test connection to LeCroy WP7K - you may have already seen my video: « Reply #84 on: February 25, 2017, 01:49:46 AM »

The one I have also has the Cypress MCU and some touchscreen ADC chip, something like XPT2046. It shows up as a vendor specific device (not HID) under the name eGalaxy. I'm sure these boards work - it is just that the XStream software, when you press the calibrate button is looking for tbupdd.dll/tbupdd.cpl - stuff from touch-base.com

How did you get XGA? Did you change the BIOS firmware and used the original TTL video output line from the motherboard, or did you use the scaler to use the D-Sub analog video port?

AFAIR the panel that nctnico used has parallel interface as well, so no parallel to LVDS chip needed, but nctnico might correct me on that since it's been a while since I've opened my TLA704/715. I'm not sure if the BIOS hack is necessary after modding to TLA715 - worked out of the box for me.

Offline nctnico

• Super Contributor
    • NCT Developments
« Reply #165 on: May 26, 2017, 06:05:06 pm »
The TLA715 has 800x600 as standard (I have a real TLA715 BTW).

Offline Converter

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #166 on: May 26, 2017, 06:10:40 pm »
The one I have also has the Cypress MCU and some touchscreen ADC chip, something like XPT2046. It shows up as a vendor specific device (not HID) under the name eGalaxy. I'm sure these boards work - it is just that the XStream software, when you press the calibrate button is looking for tbupdd.dll/tbupdd.cpl - stuff from touch-base.com

Now I understand. You just want to keep this function directly in the X-stream menu. But this is not too important, because in the menu Programs of Windows there will be a separate utility for this.
You did not think about the possibility of adding a touchscreen to your mainframe TLA? :)
I just did not have time to try it, because at the moment my TLA is sold.

Lukier has my old TLA704. Initially I hacked the GRUB bootloader to change the display to XGA before booting into Windows 2000. Later on somebody hacked the BIOS to start with XGA. For the rest it is just a matter of connecting an XGA TFT panel to the existing panel connector.
Thanks for clarifying. Can I download this image somewhere to update the TLA BIOS in XGA?
« Last Edit: May 26, 2017, 06:34:34 pm by Converter »

Offline lukier

• Supporter
    • Homepage
« Reply #167 on: May 26, 2017, 06:36:22 pm »
The TLA715 has 800x600 as standard (I have a real TLA715 BTW).

You got me curious, so I've booted the TLA704 and it seems I mixed things up (I'm working now on my LeCroy XGA LCD upgrade :), hate crimping and looming cables, these LVDS connectors are tiny ). Originally TLA704 had 640x480, you've upgraded that to 800x600 and that's why it worked out of the box - I thought it was upgraded to XGA.

I don't think I'm going to bother about that - it is not as important to have high res panel there as it is for the oscilloscope and I use it via KVM or remotely anyway.

But this is not too important,

I know  :D It's just if I'm going to have to do my own MCU board to get back the front panel functionality (if I cannot get this buggy H8S MCU talk to USB 2.0 controllers) I'd rather go with AR1100 (it is cheap as well) than these $5 boards.

You did not think about the possibility of adding a touchscreen to your mainframe TLA? :)
I just did not have time to try it, because at the moment my TLA is sold.

I could use the $5 eBay board there, but I doubt I would bother - it is not so important for the logic analyzer.
I have a lot of reverse engineering to do with the WaveRunner 6100A - the front panel, the bugs with PCIe->PCI bridges and in the long term rewriting the LecS65AcqDrv.sys driver to enable x64 Windows (now limited to 32 bit only which is silly, unfortunately LeCroy doesn't recompile and ship the drivers in new releases).

Thanks for clarifying. Can I download this image somewhere to update the BIOS in XGA?

I wonder if anyone did it. I mixed up the resolutions, so yeah I have whatever stock BIOS was on the TLA721.

Offline lowtension

• Contributor
« Reply #168 on: May 26, 2017, 06:41:28 pm »
Used the Wavepro for a few hours now and haven't seen any problems with the drivers on windows 7. Hope it stays that way  8)
Thank you for good news.
You have used the latest version X-Stream 8.1.0.1 with LeCroy site?(http://teledynelecroy.com/support/softwaredownload/documents.aspx?sc=11)
This software contains everything you need to install on pure operating system and the full functionality of your drivers (without upgrade pre-installed older versions Xstream)? Just someone who wrote that latest version of update does not contain some important parts required for a clean installation.
(If it had been possible to use Xstream64 8.0.1.2  ::) )

Hi,

it should work to install a clean Win7, the XStream drivers afterwards, and than the LeCroy XStream 8.1 Release. However i didn't test this as i did all driver debugging/inf file rewriting on my scope, so i don't have a fresh copy of Win7. And i'm to lazy to erase the Win7 and reinstall everything again ;). So it would be nice if users report whether the package works for them or whether there are still some problems. Oh, and i'm using the XStream 8.1 32 bit software on my scope.

I also noted that i didn't put my version of the frontpanel driver in the last zip, so here's another one ;)

Great job and thank you for the drivers,
One question,  now I have win2K win x-Stream v6.X installed. If I do a fresh  win7 install and install v8.X with your drivers on a new disk  ,  how should I restore the calibration data stored before? there were some posts earlier on creating partition D: etc... Can you please explain .
Thanks

Offline Converter

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #169 on: May 26, 2017, 07:09:31 pm »
Great job and thank you for the drivers,
One question,  now I have win2K win x-Stream v6.X installed. If I do a fresh  win7 install and install v8.X with your drivers on a new disk  ,  how should I restore the calibration data stored before? there were some posts earlier on creating partition D: etc... Can you please explain .
Thanks
I would just copy the contents of the folders with the calibrations in the order that it was originally, so as not to think about it for long. Only after this, do the first X-Stream launch (to avoid annoying messages). But maybe someone will give advice to use the built-in X-Stream restore function for calibrations.

Offline albertr

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #170 on: May 31, 2017, 03:48:20 pm »
"Upgraded" WP7K1 to 1024x768 XGA LCD panel with LED backlight. Touchscreen is still a 4 wire resistive type, so the same TS serial driver works and TS can be turned on/off or calibrated from LeCroy X-Stream application. Backlight intensity is controlled from X-Stream application as well the same way as it was with the original fluorescent bulb backlight. Front panel seems to work fine with Sven's driver.

-albertr

Hello,

Thanks

I did. The new 1024x768 LCD panel had a 4-wire restive touchscreen glued in already (the same way as the original 800x600 LCD panel had), so I replaced the whole LCD/TS assembly. Since the touchscreen interface was the same type as before, I didn't have to change any drivers/software, just re-connected 4 TS wires to the same serial port connector as before.

-albertr

Offline albertr

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #171 on: May 31, 2017, 03:51:33 pm »
If someone can positively confirm that specific PCIe-2-PCI bridge chip can be used on WP7K series without introducing any problems with LeCroy PCI board, then it opens up a whole new word of upgrade possibilities for these old scopes!  :-+

-albertr

« Last Edit: May 31, 2017, 03:53:22 pm by albertr »

Offline lukier

• Supporter
    • Homepage
« Reply #172 on: June 01, 2017, 01:37:28 am »
If someone can positively confirm that specific PCIe-2-PCI bridge chip can be used on WP7K series without introducing any problems with LeCroy PCI board, then it opens up a whole new word of upgrade possibilities for these old scopes!  :-+

I was playing a bit with PCIe-PCI bridges in my WR6KA and it does create some problems. Some adapters are lousy mechanically, some cause communication timeouts and errors like SWTriggerThreshold failed, but usually during the XStream start-up/calibration, later it works OK it seems. I'll be investigating this further.

Bear in mind that the PCI card in WaveRunner is different from the WP7K one. Also, notice that Converter's ASRock motherboard implements PCI slots by using the PCIe bridge chip as I've mentioned before. It has probably better signal integrity than lousy ebay adapters.

Offline lowtension

• Contributor
« Reply #173 on: June 01, 2017, 08:13:02 pm »

-albertr

Hello,

Thanks

I did. The new 1024x768 LCD panel had a 4-wire restive touchscreen glued in already (the same way as the original 800x600 LCD panel had), so I replaced the whole LCD/TS assembly. Since the touchscreen interface was the same type as before, I didn't have to change any drivers/software, just re-connected 4 TS wires to the same serial port connector as before.

-albertr

Thanks for the information, what is the model number of  the LCD panel with LED backlight you used ?  did you rebuild the old inverter interface for the floressant backlight to drive the LED:s instead?  or you used a seperate  diaplay card with LVDS and LED backligt driver connected to the VGA/hdmi port of the graphic card of the motherboard ?
Thanks again
« Last Edit: June 01, 2017, 08:15:33 pm by lowtension »

Offline albertr

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #174 on: June 02, 2017, 03:31:27 am »
Thanks for the information, what is the model number of  the LCD panel with LED backlight you used ?  did you rebuild the old inverter interface for the floressant backlight to drive the LED:s instead?  or you used a seperate  diaplay card with LVDS and LED backligt driver connected to the VGA/hdmi port of the graphic card of the motherboard ?
Thanks again

I believe it's already been covered on this thread. Here it goes again:

I'm using Advantech AIMB-581 board which has two DVI ports (one external, one - internal) and one internal LVDS port paired with Chi Mei Innolux G104X1-L03 1024x768 10.4" LCD screen. Multi-monitor support works with Intel HD graphic. Here're some pictures in case you are interested: http://iral.com/~albertr/WP7K1_LCD_upgrade/

Personally, I wouldn't go higher than 1024x768 (XGA) resolution on a 10.4" size, since IMHO it will become difficult to read the screen and operate the touch screen.

-albertr

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf