Author Topic: Upgrading Mainboard in Lecroy DDA-3000 (aka WavePro 7300a?)  (Read 166919 times)

Offline ollopa

• Regular Contributor
Re: Upgrading Mainboard in Lecroy DDA-3000 (aka WavePro 7300a?)
« Reply #275 on: December 31, 2018, 11:14:33 am »
I haven't looked much at the cal system yet but I would think that if you run the cal and it still reports back that cal is needed then you've probably got a hardware issue.

On the other hand, let's have a look at what affects auto-cal:

First there is the temperature drift auto-cal setting located under Utilities->Preference Setup:

Hypothesis:  Leave it on and auto-cal will run periodically if the room/instrument temperature changes, leave it off auto-cal will not run but accuracy will be a function of temperature.

Service menu (have to log in) Production->AladdinAcqBoard->Calibration:

It appears that you can inspect, adjust, verify, and recalibrate the various curves here.  There is also an "Auto cal" chckbox that does  not seem to track the user settable temperature auto-calibration, so I think it might be something else.
Hypothesis:  Unchecking this auto-cal box may disable automatic calibration when switching timebase and vertical input scales.

Service menu (have to log in) Service->AladdinAcqBoard->AutoCal:

Here we can see and perform the individual calibrations that are done as part of auto-calibration.  These are pretty self-explanatory except for "Hopping."  Perhaps someone else knows more about this term than I do.  LeCroy has a patent where they refer to using "hopping circuitry" to resolve digital divider phase.  My guess would be that the "Hopping" cal either synchronizes digital dividers across channels or has something to do with ADC interleave alignment.

To run the calibration you stop the scope (Trigger->Stop), check the boxes for the calibrations you want to run, then press the "Calibrate Scope" button.

Then in the bottom-right is the front-end gain cal optimize setting:

These are curious choices since they don't seem like a natural trade-off.  I guess in the one case you will have fewer but longer calibrations and in the other you will have more frequent but shorter calibrations.  Sounds like a wash in the end to me...

Finally there is the calibration cache which I have mentioned before in another thread on here:

The cache is a password-protected Access database with a table for the instrument setup and tables for each of the calibration curves (ADC delay, ADC FE gain, ADC FE offset, ADC gain, ADC offset, trigger propagation delay, and positive and negative trigger threshold).

An instrument setup defines the instrument state that the calibration curves were taken at.  The setup is made up of volts/div on each channel, fixed gain of each channel, input attenuation of each channel, bandwidth of each channel, input coupling of each channel, horizontal time scale, whether or not an external clock is being used, the trigger type and source channel, and temperature.

Change any one of those variables and it is a new row in the setup table which probably means a new calibration may be performed.  I highlight temperature because it is the one thing outside of user control.

The curves all have a foreign key for the setup table (CacheSetup) primary key and it looks like there are up to 24 curve rows per curve table per setup.  For 4 channels that would be 6 points for each channel.

Hypothesis:  Leaving the cal cache enabled (both boxes checked) will, over time as it grows, reduce the number of automatic calibrations required when twirling knobs at the same temperature.  Leaving it off will maximize auto-calibration pain.

The following users thanked this post: Converter, Xtreemtec, ZhuraYuk

Offline Xtreemtec

« Reply #276 on: January 01, 2019, 05:15:25 pm »

Service menu (have to log in) Service->AladdinAcqBoard->AutoCal:

Thanks for this detailed information.   Want to try to fiddle with these settings for a bit.  Got a full clone of the D partition. So in any case i could go back to my original settings.

As for the AutoCalibrate:  Manual says:>>
Auto-calibration
You can choose to have your instrument automatic
ally recalibrate itself whenever there is a
significant change in ambient temperature. If
you do not enable this option, the scope will only
recalibrate at startup and whenever you make
 a change to certain operating conditions.

Offline Mechatrommer

• Super Contributor
  • reassessing directives...
« Reply #277 on: January 26, 2019, 01:50:56 am »
i tried to install xstream dso device driver in Windows 7 using dxl's latest version, but i'm getting error 12 cant find resources etc. xstream SW wont run it says unauthorized to run. any idea how to make it work?
Nature: Evolution and the Illusion of Randomness (Stephen L. Talbott): Its now indisputable that... organisms “expertise” contextualizes its genome, and its nonsense to say that these powers are under the control of the genome being contextualized - Barbara McClintock

Offline ollopa

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #278 on: January 26, 2019, 03:51:50 am »
X-Stream won't run until the acquisition driver is working and it can talk to hardware.  Google says that code 12 may be caused by a resource conflict and you may be able to use the device troubleshooter to determine which device is conflicting with the card: 

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows8_1-hardware/windows-device-manager-error-code-12/54b62f09-39b5-4044-9051-7820013c44fd?auth=1

You could try to move the acquisition card to a different PCI slot, remove any other peripherals, disable sound and Ethernet, etc.

Offline Mechatrommer

• Super Contributor
« Reply #279 on: January 26, 2019, 04:58:23 pm »
You could try to move the acquisition card to a different PCI slot, remove any other peripherals, disable sound and Ethernet, etc.
did all those, none success. i also swapped driver to original XP driver. the irony is, all those hardwares work flawlessly under original OS (Windows XP), can i blame Windows 7? a nicer look Windows that doesnt work. i did check Win7 system resources, i cant find conflicting device that tried to use resources assigned to the xstream device. its just the xstream device seems cant make use of it. resources allocated for the xstream device is 0000B800 - 0000B9FF, 0000BC00 - 0000BC3F and FE00000 - FE7FFFFF  :-//
Nature: Evolution and the Illusion of Randomness (Stephen L. Talbott): Its now indisputable that... organisms “expertise” contextualizes its genome, and its nonsense to say that these powers are under the control of the genome being contextualized - Barbara McClintock

Offline DaJMasta

• Super Contributor
    • medpants.com
« Reply #280 on: January 26, 2019, 06:45:42 pm »
Have you tried the same sort of adjustments, but through BIOS?  Could be a setting in there that's blocking or allocating resources in a way that the card doesn't like.

Also, I haven't seen those calibration menu screens before.... anyone have a service password they wouldn't mind sharing  :D

Offline Mechatrommer

• Super Contributor
« Reply #281 on: January 27, 2019, 02:55:37 am »
well fresh install for both Win7 and WinXP on this Lecroy machine proved challenging. in W7 its XStream device FU, in WXP its touch screen FU. this is the hardest format i've ever made |O. i believe touchscreen issue has never been resolved here (other than HW changes and hacks) as i read earlier posting in this thread but not sure if its resolved in the middle TLDR, but istr i never saw it. so here is my method on how to make touch screen install works in WXP. this with help of 2 things...

1) the remnant of UPDD v3.08x can still be found here by DMC corp... https://www.hmisource.com/otasuke/download/freesoft/tp_driver_upddver3.htm -> UPDD_30846P.zip

2) the original system of my Lecroy DDA-5005A, ie the installed UPDD 3.08.34 and its registry entries...

#1 is newer version 3.08.46 but will not work right away with the original driver 3M Touch Systems SC4 Serial interface from MicroTouch, its using TMC-1310D interface. so after exhaustive install uninstall, tweak untweak, what i did is what i usually did, copy the original registry and then just overwrite it into the WXP fresh install. and walla, after calibration, it works. now XStream SW works as it should, switch on power button to xstream splash screen now takes 20 secs, and to visible signal display (after that annoying auto calibration) in 55 secs. switch off is approximately instantly.

btw. i've recovered the original WXP install of this 5005 much earlier from boot failure and i can have it running and walk around it, but i think its a bit bloated and less optimized after years of usage from the original owner (typical Windows behavior). so i will keep it in imaged form until when necessary. the completed new install will also being imaged since overtime when Windows get overbloated and mixed up, all i need to do is one single button click of "Recovery" and everything will be there again like today.

i cant commit the eternal life of UPDD_30846P.zip in here because its 3MB+ so follow the above link while still can. and the registry needed for the hack is attached, at least it works in my new install, i hope it will also works for others. but you have to choose appropriately between ControlSet002 and ControlSet003 because my original system stored registries in ControlSet002 but my new install stored things in ControlSet003. so i saved the ControlSet002 from original, edited it to save in ControlSet003. but i think you can simply run all without any harm, precaution: please do check your system that it will not overwrite unrelated or important section of your registry, although i think its very unlikely, but backup your system first is advisable, esp if you have spent humongous amount of time decorating it like flowers or dont have necessary tool/setup to do a fresh format install. fwiw...

ps: the DMC logo in UPDD can be changed back to the original MicroTouch 3M logo. but i will not do it. i will give credit to DMC corp for still providing the install files, let it stay in Lecroy's tool.

edit: and oh i forgot, just in case after UPDD install it asks for the touch driver endlessly, restart the PC, err the DSO and update to the 2nd attachment driver, fwiw...
« Last Edit: January 27, 2019, 03:12:31 am by Mechatrommer »

Offline Mechatrommer

• Super Contributor
« Reply #282 on: January 27, 2019, 03:41:30 am »
Direct download link?
http://multimedia.3m.com/mws/media/391535O/updd-3-8-rev34-driver.zip?fn=updd3_8_34.zip
duh :palm: why i was too occupied until i missed this? :palm: o well... everyday something to learn ;D

Offline ingowien

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #283 on: January 28, 2019, 10:06:51 pm »
i tried to install xstream dso device driver in Windows 7 using dxl's latest version, but i'm getting error 12 cant find resources etc. xstream SW wont run it says unauthorized to run. any idea how to make it work?

I had the same problems. I never got the ACQ board running on a D865GLC or similar board in Win7. Works fine with XP but not Win7. I haven't found any real resource conflicts but I assume there's a problem with the graphics driver. I don't remember if I tried a different graphics card.
I finally changed to an AIMB-584 with internal LVDS and a new G104X1 XGA LCD panel.

The following users thanked this post: Mechatrommer

Offline ingowien

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #284 on: January 28, 2019, 10:43:44 pm »
Concerning the Touch drivers: I didn't have a problem getting UPDD running in Win7 for my DDA-5005. Worked like a charm but that sope uses a newer I/O Board with 3 heat sinks and the large 89C58 as in dxl's post #26.

But my DDA3000 uses a different (I assume older) version of that board with almost nothing on it. Especially the touch controller consists of:
- Littelfuse SP723AG TVS Diode array
- ADS7843 Touch controller (Burr Brown, now TI)
- P89LPC922F microcontroller (80C51)
- and of course an ST232/MAX232
- there is another P87LPC767BD controller, I think this mainly handles the front panel communication. Not sure why it's connected to the touch screen.
As the microcontrollers can probably emulate anything, what's the easiest method to find the correct touch driver?

The machine came with W2k and the UPDD driver for 3M SC4 installed to COM3 (the COM port on the Lecroy PCI card) but I'm not sure if this ever worked. The digitizer was dead so I got a new 3M replacement (it's a dawar tech with 2 pins swapped but it should be OK). But I couldn't get the UPDD driver running on COM3 (assigned to the Lecroy COM port). There is some serial communication going from the PCI card to the IO board but the IO board (or the touch controller) doesn't seem to respond. The new digitizer at least works with some crappy ebay USB touch controller. But I'd like to get the original driver running if possible.

So if anybody knows if this hardware revision should be compatible with a 3M SC4 or if it's something different, please let me know. Or if there are any 3M SC4 compatible touch controllers available I could use in my scope. That would allow to use UPDD and have the functions in the lecroy software as it uses the UPDD dll.

Offline Mechatrommer

• Super Contributor
« Reply #285 on: February 24, 2019, 03:32:39 am »
currently progressing to installing xstream system on 865GSA board and Pentium D 945 3.4GHz. trying to install Win7 on it is persistent BSOD, so its not an option for 865GSA + Pentium D 945 hardware combination i think. but in WinXP(SP3), i tried all combinations as follow...

1) from fresh xp_sp3, install dxl win7 driver and then install dsoxstream 7.1.1.2 without built in driver, and test run...
2) installing dsoxstream 8.1.2.0 on top of the (1), and test run...
3) from fresh xp_sp3, install dsoxstream 7.1.1.2 with built in driver, and test run...
4) installing dsoxstream 8.1.2.0 on top of the (3), and test run...

all of those combinations failed to get stable front panel functionality, it becomes random esp in single mode trigger. beside that, i enabled single core cpu in bios on setup (1) and (4) the GUI went super laggy on each trigger, not practical in any way, random front panel feels alot better than that. after sleep i think i will try another setup, ie enable single core in bios, and then fresh winxp_sp3 install from zero (format).

my conclusion... dxl's win7 driver doesnt improve anything for multicore processor in winxp, built in driver of dsoxstream 7.1.1.2 and 8.1.2.0 just do the same. any idea on setup/install combination other than already mentioned will be appreciated.

Offline ingowien

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #286 on: February 24, 2019, 11:23:01 am »
I didn't get dxl's driver running on my DDA-5005 either, it simply didn't work.
I first assumed that the problem would by parallel IRPs so I created a filter driver to sit above the Lecroy driver and serialize IRPs. But that was not the issue. It seems that successive write IRPs to the front panel fail, so my driver now inserts dummy read IRPs to some kind of status register between successive write IRPs. This way I can use the original Lecroy driver and only fix the LED flickering issue without rewriting everything. I don't have a pretty installer for it and I'm not sure if I have tested it with XP but it definitely works on my DDA-5005 with Win7, both with P4 and Ci5 CPUs.
If you want, you can test it. You basically install the original driver and then install the filter driver and add it to the registry with a small tool. Or remove it if it doesn't work.

The following users thanked this post: Mechatrommer, pquadrat

Offline Mechatrommer

• Super Contributor
« Reply #287 on: February 24, 2019, 03:15:14 pm »
I don't have a pretty installer for it and I'm not sure if I have tested it with XP but it definitely works on my DDA-5005 with Win7, both with P4 and Ci5 CPUs.
If you want, you can test it. You basically install the original driver and then install the filter driver and add it to the registry with a small tool. Or remove it if it doesn't work.
yes please give me that i will voluntary as a tester ;) i've been formatting this damn thing for nearly 30 hours straight now.

Offline ingowien

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #288 on: February 24, 2019, 05:40:32 pm »
In case somebody might need it, here's my filter driver to fix the Lecroy front panel LED flickering/inconsistency issues with multi core CPUs.
Tested on DDA-5005 and DDA-3000 with XP and Win7 (note that Win7 probably requires a different mainboard than D815/D845/D865).

Problem
- Consecutive write operations to the front panel lead to inconsistent LED states when a multi core CPU is installed/used.
Workaround
- The filter driver inserts dummy read operations to the front panel status register between consecutive write operations. This seems to fix the issues.
Installation:
- First install the Lecroy drivers (either by xstream installer or manually, use modified .inf file from dxl for Win7). Ensure the frontpanel works (with the flickering issue).
- Ensure the device name is "Lecroy Front Panel Device":
  - windows device manager, show hidden devices
  - locate Data Acquisition Devices, Lecroy Front Panel Device
  - if it's "Lecroy Front Panel Device", the batch file can be used without argument
  - for a different name, use driver-install.bat [device name], e.g.
    driver-install.bat "Some Other Front Panel Device"
- execute driver-install.bat, check result
- stop and re-start device in device manager or reboot machine
- start xStream and check if the problem is fixed

Please note that I created this for personal use and it has not been tested on a wide range of devices (just DDA-5005, DDA-3000 and I think an SDA-6000). But it might help if dxl's driver doesn't work.
Important: this is only intended for the older serial/PCI based front panels. USB based front panels as in the WaveRunner series don't need this fix.

The following users thanked this post: Mechatrommer, Converter

Offline Mechatrommer

• Super Contributor
« Reply #289 on: February 24, 2019, 11:22:39 pm »
Tested on DDA-5005 and DDA-3000 with XP and Win7 (note that Win7 probably requires a different mainboard than D815/D845/D865).
also tested on SDA6000A with 865GSA motherboard + Pentium D 945 processor running Windows XP. installed before the eye blink and the scope is fixed before i know it. works on the first try! :-+ this is a blessing, a magic from the sky. it saved my many hours trying to fix my scope with the outdated HW system on my own.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2019, 11:29:06 pm by Mechatrommer »

Offline ollopa

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #290 on: February 24, 2019, 11:25:20 pm »
ingowien,

Would you be willing to release the source to your driver / put it up on github?

Offline ingowien

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #291 on: February 25, 2019, 01:30:30 am »
No, this is not possible. The driver is based on Walter Oney's devqueue and filter driver sample from the book "Programming the Microsoft Windows Driver Model" that I purchased years ago. The book's license terms do not allow the distribution of sample source code and derivatives. But it does allow the distribution of binaries without royalties, that's what I'm doing here. Unfortunately I don't have time to rewrite the entire driver to an open source version. And it's not really a goal of mine as all I really need is to get my own scope running with Win7 and a decent CPU.

But as mentioned the code is not complicated. You get the book and start with a combination of the filter driver example and Walter's famous DevQueue for IRP_MJ_READ, IRP_MJ_WRITE and IRP_MJ_DEVICE_CONTROL. Though probably DEVCTL would be sufficient. In the queue's StartIo() that will process the next IRP add a little state machine that tracks for consecutive IRP_MJ_DEVICE_CONTROL with ioCtlCode DDA_IOCTL_FPWRITE = 0xCFDF2010. If this is the case, you change it to a read, mark for later resend and dispatch it to the lower driver. In the completion routine if resend is required, you can either call the driver directly if at passive level or create and schedule a work item with IoAllocateWorkItem() and IoQueueWorkItem() to call the driver at passive level later, again there is a chapter in the book. That's all. I'm not a driver developer and if I can create such a filter driver with the help of Walter Oney's book, any other experienced developer can do it as well. I used VS2010 and VisualDDK to compile the driver, it's just a matter of minutes to create a new driver project with these tools and pull the source files into the new project. The longer part was to add the required logging and to find which IOCTLs are used and what the real issue is.

Offline ollopa

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #292 on: February 25, 2019, 01:50:17 am »
How weird of you :)

For anyone else interested,
Software samples are now freely available from the publisher:

https://resources.oreilly.com/examples/9780735618039

PDF of the second edition of the book appears to be downloadable:
http://read.pudn.com/downloads115/sourcecode/windows/vxd/482261/Programming.the.Microsoft.Windows.Driver.Model.2nd.Edition.pdf

Offline ingowien

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #293 on: March 05, 2019, 07:15:14 pm »
I'm just curious: Did anybody else try the driver and if so, did it work?
Obviously there's no need if dxl's driver works on your hardware but maybe somebody tested it.

Offline Converter

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #294 on: March 05, 2019, 10:05:24 pm »
I will install Win7 a little later. However, I heard from another source besides Mechatrommer that the dxl's driver is not working.

Offline ingowien

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #295 on: March 05, 2019, 10:25:38 pm »
I never got Win7 working with the original D845 or D865 board. Everything installs fine except the ACQ board driver. I tried different veriants of dxls's modified inf file and created my own versions of it but I always got errors that the driver could not be loaded due to resource conflicts. Though the offset calculations are correct. I couldn't find a conflict except for maybe an IRQ that is supposed to be shared but some issue must have been in Win7 that did not exist in XP.
On a different mainboard (AIMB-581 or AMB-584 as suggested in another thread here), dxl's modified inf file installs. Then you can install the filter driver to fix the multi-core issue.

So there might be two different issues to consider:
- The original Lecroy driver for the ACQ device with dxl's modified .inf file does not install on the D845 board in Win7. Regardless of single core or multi core. Neither dxl's re-programmed front panel driver nor my filter driver will help here as they address the  front panel device, not for the ACQ device. The filter driver only fixes the double write IRP-problem and only works if the original front panel driver can be loaded (which it would but with out ACQ device it doesn't make that much sense).
- On some devices dxl's re-created front panel driver fixes the multi-core issue (flickering) of the Lecroy driver. I'd assume both in XP and in Win7 with a different mainboard.
- On my DDA-5005 dxl's re-created front panel driver did not work. Both for XP and Win7. I think it was loaded but there was no front panel function, if I remember correctly. In this case the filter driver helps. In XP you simply install the original Lecroy drivers and then the filter driver. In Win7 you install the extracted Lecroy drivers with the modified .inf file for Win7 and then then filter driver.

Hope this helps. If you succeed in installing Win7 on a D845 or similar board I'd be highly interested how this works - just for curiosity. Obviously I prefer the Ci5 and the AIMB-Board I have in combination with a new XGA LCD display.

Offline Converter

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #296 on: March 05, 2019, 10:58:40 pm »
Thanks, but I do not see much point in installing Win7 if you still have the old D865 motherboard, and even more so the D845.
The main reason why I want to install Win7 is that more modern motherboards do not have full support for the old Win XP (as in my case ASRock H97M). And this is exactly what I will not do - installing Win7 on the old D865/D845.
When the time comes, I will inform you of the results.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2019, 11:06:18 pm by Converter »

Offline ingowien

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #297 on: March 05, 2019, 11:22:08 pm »
Got it, just wanted to ensure you know that Win7 on D845/D865 doesn't make work. There might be some points like improved RDP and USB3 support and hotfixes for another year but yes, the old boards run better (or only) with XP.

Pictures look good, may I ask which LCD panel you use? Is it the original NL8060BC26 or did you find a mechanically matching LVDS display? And where/how do you attach to the video signal?
I wanted to avoid the modification of the signal converter for the parallel port LCD on the I/O board so I changed to a (mechanically incompatible) LVDS display and used the LVDS capable mainboard. But your solution looks good and is more flexible as you obviously don't need a mainboard with an LVDS port.

Offline Mechatrommer

• Super Contributor
« Reply #298 on: March 06, 2019, 12:06:42 am »
I'm just curious: Did anybody else try the driver and if so, did it work?
Obviously there's no need if dxl's driver works on your hardware but maybe somebody tested it.
your driver is one of magic in this thread i hope you dont delete it. you will struggle to wait for another tester as people owning this lecroy stuff is slow progress, let alone someone who willing or capable of  to upgrade his unit to multicore solution. next year or two, maybe you'll hear another guy coming in to join the club. some users with W7 may make dxl driver works, but some may need yours. and i highly believe, your driver is more generic from the way you explained how and why you fixed it. dxl driver only modify how to allocate resources in newer WXP/W7, but your driver hacked/fixed lecroy's driver's bug. its not a bug actually imho, its just it was designed for single core system, so a test on multicore system is out of question during the development, so a simple fix was not feasible when multicore is not in existence during the time.

btw, yeah W7 did not work on my (865GLC, 865GSA) boards, Error 12 Resource Conflict problem. if i want to upgrade to modern MB that supports W7+xstream dso driver, i will need further work on LCD signal path, making the original pcie board half useless, that is not what i want to happen, so for now i stick with older MB and WXP, about WXP bug someone reported his cpu 100% load everytime running xstreamdso app, i dont find it that way on my Pentium D 945 WXP system, except on persistence and 3D view which my cpu will jump from 10-15% to 50-70%, when i deactivate 3D and persistence, cpu will go back to 10-15%, so i guess the cpu load bug on his system was not entirely on WXP fault. fwiw.

btw, i still have problem with the 95W Pentium D 945 cpu on my SDA6000, its not really stable, sometime blue screen. i guess due to overheat (cpu zone can reach 80°C) this i believe due to i changed the older and bigger heatsink+fan (used for Pentium 4 et al during the age) to smaller one used for my Core 2 Quad cpu due to space constraint in the DSO, so it seems smaller heatsink+fan unable to dissipate the cpu heat adequately, i'm waiting liquid cooling solution i think today or tomorrow it should arrive. if later i find out its not cpu temperature issue, then maybe i have to downgrade to cooler and more stable single core Pentium 4 or HT solution :palm: the 2.6GHz 2GB RAM single core original system for my DDA5005 works charmingly on SSD, responsive 3D and stable. fwiw..

Offline Converter

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #299 on: March 06, 2019, 12:45:31 am »
Pictures look good, may I ask which LCD panel you use? Is it the original NL8060BC26 or did you find a mechanically matching LVDS display? And where/how do you attach to the video signal?
I use the NL10276BC20, which has similar housing drawings, like the NL8060BC26.
Add to this any standard video card and small scaler board, and after that you will no longer depend on a particular motherboard model.

To obtain an image from a video adapter, you can do the same as LeCroy did when producing the LW420

Or connect to the connector of the second video adapter port inside the device .

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf