Author Topic: Upgrading Mainboard in Lecroy DDA-3000 (aka WavePro 7300a?)  (Read 92471 times)

Offline Converter

• Regular Contributor
Re: Upgrading Mainboard in Lecroy DDA-3000 (aka WavePro 7300a?)
« Reply #700 on: October 17, 2020, 09:15:18 pm »

Could somebody please be so kind and lookup in the ServiceMenu (Code 9472) in the frontpanel section what the value of "LED Slave Address" is? thanks in advance.
It should be so.

The following users thanked this post: georgo

Offline Mechatrommer

• Super Contributor
  • reassessing directives...
« Reply #701 on: October 17, 2020, 10:00:46 pm »
After writing my last forum post, i stepped back and reflected if I am using the wrong drivers. I re-read the forum thread and concluded that I have to switch to v2 of DXL driver set (with the unmodified frontpanel driver) ... should have read the forum beforehand ...
if you are using multicore cpu in WinXP, you may search ZtiLecroyFPanelFix driver from ingowien in earlier page, his driver is much better and stable.
It's extremely difficult to start life.. one features of nature.. physical laws are mathematical theory of great beauty... You may wonder Why? our knowledge shows that nature is so constructed. We simply have to accept it. One could describe the situation by saying that... (Paul Dirac)

The following users thanked this post: georgo

Offline georgo

• Contributor
« Reply #702 on: October 18, 2020, 11:21:49 am »
I did reverte to the original D865 and the Frontpanel is working.

On the new Q77 Mainboard I did try to fallback to Windows XP but the Front Panel Situation was not changing at all. So I tried the D865 to rule out that I damaged the hardware during the upgrade and the old D865 is working as expected.

I am sure that the Frontpanel was working (at least for one PowerCycle) on the Q77/Win7 32Bit Setup, because I remember that I was feeling lucky that the upgrade process was working so smoothly. Since then I could not repeat this behavouir no matter what kind of driver combo I was installing, reinstalling OS, falling back to WinXP. I did try to disable MultiCore and all the Peripherals in the BIOS, tryed with and without ingowiens filter driver and so on ..

My guess is that it could be some kind of ressource allocation problem - but I am not expert enough in this field to quickly find the issue ...

I will stick with the old Mobo and a fresh install of WinXP on a SSD for now ...

thanks for sticking with me.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2020, 11:25:13 am by georgo »

Offline georgo

• Contributor
« Reply #703 on: October 18, 2020, 12:33:51 pm »
I am completely puzzled right now -> I did restore the original state of the SDA3010 (D865 Mobo) but instead of the original Harddrive, I did a clean WinXP install on a SSD.

The result: I do have now the exactly same behaviour as with the new Motherboard (Frontpanel not working). I did notice that the used IRQ on the old Harddrive was IRQ 20, whereas now it is IRQ 22.

I did install all the mobo drivers (ethernet, gfx, audio, chipset) before I did install the LeCroy drivers, maybe thats why I get assigned a different IRQ.

Has somebody experienced a similar problem?

Something more: After this step I did a complete step back and booted the from the old Harddrive - somehow it is still assigned to IRQ22 (so it changed) and now I have the same behavioure of non-working frontpanel even with the original harddrive. (I still have backup images) but could it be that the IRQ Assignment is stored in BIOS?
« Last Edit: October 18, 2020, 12:53:46 pm by georgo »

Offline Converter

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #704 on: October 18, 2020, 05:41:38 pm »
There has never been such a problem even in the case of a non-original motherboard. Maybe something with your interface board?

Offline georgo

• Contributor
« Reply #705 on: October 18, 2020, 06:19:37 pm »
thanks - I am currently rereading the whole thread and I think you are right - maybe a damaged FPC cable... I did measure the cable however in a strechted state lying on the table, because I wanted to rule out this possibility ...

Offline Mechatrommer

• Super Contributor
« Reply #706 on: October 19, 2020, 01:21:44 am »
I am completely puzzled right now -> I did restore the original state of the SDA3010 (D865 Mobo) but instead of the original Harddrive, I did a clean WinXP install on a SSD.
in case you need the last driver, bios patch and update files etc for D865GSA motherboard, you can PM me, i've keep all of the files needed before Intel shut down the website for these old motherboards. i think i also have for D845GRG. after you install WinXP, make sure all drivers installed correctly esp motherboard (so PCI express and AGP ports work correctly), and then install the ingowein driver and then the dso xstream software. i did try to install Win7 on the D865 board but i had problem with driver compatibility so i guess Win7 cant work. ymmv.
It's extremely difficult to start life.. one features of nature.. physical laws are mathematical theory of great beauty... You may wonder Why? our knowledge shows that nature is so constructed. We simply have to accept it. One could describe the situation by saying that... (Paul Dirac)

Offline georgo

• Contributor
« Reply #707 on: October 28, 2020, 02:57:29 pm »
I am still working on the frontpanel issue.

My repair attempts include:

* changing the FFC cable
* changing the tantalum capacitor (C1)
* measured all diodes

Currently I suspect the SuperIO Chip to have failed - I already ordered a replacement - but before I want to understand the circuit a bit better - that's why I started to reverse the MFP415 Frontpanel.

I did put together a simplified version, which is still work in progress: https://github.com/ottingerg/lecroy_mfp415

Offline Ice-Tea

• Super Contributor
    • Freelance Hardware Engineer
« Reply #708 on: October 30, 2020, 02:57:32 pm »
This is driving me nuts.

Could one of you fine gentlemen tell me what the default windows login is of these machines (a Wavepro 7100 in particular..)

Offline dgo_42

• Contributor
« Reply #709 on: October 30, 2020, 03:04:07 pm »
LeCroyUser normally without password

Offline Ice-Tea

• Super Contributor
« Reply #710 on: October 30, 2020, 03:09:04 pm »
Nope. Win2000 machine.

Offline dgo_42

• Contributor
« Reply #711 on: October 30, 2020, 03:11:01 pm »
My Wavepro 7200 has XP and LeCroyUser ¯\__(ツ)__/¯

Offline Ice-Tea

• Super Contributor
« Reply #712 on: October 30, 2020, 03:21:34 pm »
I appreciate the attempt. I'm trying to avoid having to use the recovery function. Seems stupid for a damn win password..

Offline Converter

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #713 on: October 30, 2020, 04:47:53 pm »
Perhaps the previous user set their own personal password?
There are special utilities on the Internet for resetting passwords. You do not have to reinstall the system again, although this is not difficult. I would immediately update the system to Windows XP, and not waste time looking for a password for Win 2K.

Offtop: Does anyone have a Dvi Display Interface Assembly p/n: 900947 for LeCroy WP 7K (or WaveMaster) for sale?
« Last Edit: October 30, 2020, 04:50:28 pm by Converter »

Offline Ice-Tea

• Super Contributor
« Reply #714 on: October 30, 2020, 05:44:33 pm »
Perhaps the previous user set their own personal password?
There are special utilities on the Internet for resetting passwords. You do not have to reinstall the system again, although this is not difficult. I would immediately update the system to Windows XP, and not waste time looking for a password for Win 2K.

Offtop: Does anyone have a Dvi Display Interface Assembly p/n: 900947 for LeCroy WP 7K (or WaveMaster) for sale?

At least he created an account "ben". Eh, well, no shortcuts or so it would seem :D

Offline Ice-Tea

• Super Contributor
« Reply #715 on: November 19, 2020, 07:26:13 am »
Update: spend a *lot* of time getting a UBCD working on the machine to reset the psswd. By the time I managed it, the drive no longer appeared on the machine  :palm:

So, I plugged in a new drive and installed XP. Works fine (thanks to the driver package I found in this thread) except for the autoset button (huh?) and the touchscreen driver. The driver itself seems to be right (recognized by the Lecroy soft) but it doesn't work. I assume I chose the wrong settings.

Can someone tell me what the settings are?

Offline Mechatrommer

• Super Contributor
« Reply #716 on: November 19, 2020, 09:28:36 am »
iirc there are 1 or 2 touch drivers mentioned in this thread, or maybe i downloaded 1 driver from the net that is not working correctly, and this thread provided the one that is i believe similar to the one used by Lecroy and is working, you may want to check that. for device driver, ingowein's is more stable on multi core cpu. and make sure you try to recover the calibration data in original HDD D:\ with your tooth and nail and put it back in the new installation.

btw guess what arrived today?... https://www.ebay.com.my/itm/Lecroy-TF-USB-USB-Compliance-Test-Fixture/174049371468 the seller accepted the offer $100, took me many months to hunt and wait for the price to be accepted from sellers. who the heck design USB2 nowadays anyway? its just so i can collect SDA/DDA era legacy goodies for nostalgic moment, maybe i can use it for learning/design purpose, or maybe not :P

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf