Products > Test Equipment

Value in a second scope?

<< < (3/3)

amyk:

--- Quote from: vk6zgo on May 20, 2013, 09:50:14 am ---And for fault finding the fancy new one if it croaks! ;D

--- End quote ---
Also the reason to have more than 1 soldering iron...

jebcom:

--- Quote ---His new DS2000 has 500uV/DIV too!
I'd probably keep the scope "just in case". Can make a handy 2nd scope for "taking to the job" instead of bringing the job to the scope.

--- End quote ---

Well, now I know of 3 scope models with 500uV/div. DS2000, Tek 2225, Hitachi V-1050F.

I guess my fondness of the old scopes might be more based on nostalgia than practicality. But they do their jobs well.
But not so fun to "take to the job."

c4757p:

--- Quote from: amyk on May 20, 2013, 09:54:35 am ---
--- Quote from: vk6zgo on May 20, 2013, 09:50:14 am ---And for fault finding the fancy new one if it croaks! ;D

--- End quote ---
Also the reason to have more than 1 soldering iron...

--- End quote ---

Two very good points. I was going to say something about that but I figured you were all sick of hearing about my faulty scopes!  :P

nctnico:
Whether you need two scopes depends on you need it for your job and what you measure with it. Back in the old days I repaired computer monitors every now and then. I used my old analog oscilloscope for that instead of my DSO just in case I accidentally probed a point with several kV on it. Nowadays I keep two oscilloscopes because I need an oscilloscope to make money. If one breaks I don't want to have to buy a new one instantly.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version