Author Topic: Vendor Naroote showed up on Amazon--$18.49 JDS2032E  (Read 16351 times)

Offline gnavigator1007

• Supporter
Re: Vendor Naroote showed up on Amazon--$18.49 JDS2032E
« Reply #50 on: November 27, 2019, 01:18:55 am »
I'm still leaning toward the only scammers being us :-DD C'mon we're all buying stuff at obviously too good to be true prices here. I think the weird messages and shipping are likely just humans that caught an automated error and are trying not to lose their shirts or end up with bad reviews. I thought the same with the process meter frenzy and the same with the last hantek/micsig steals. Some people actually receive the deal while others waste a bunch of their time and the sellers time trying to fight it. Good luck to everybody and hopefully you all get something, but I can't see being upset or throwing around the the word scam if you end up with nothing but your money back.

The following users thanked this post: nctnico

Offline AJ3G

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #51 on: November 27, 2019, 01:26:59 am »
I'm still leaning toward the only scammers being us :-DD C'mon we're all buying stuff at obviously too good to be true prices here. I think the weird messages and shipping are likely just humans that caught an automated error and are trying not to lose their shirts or end up with bad reviews. I thought the same with the process meter frenzy and the same with the last hantek/micsig steals. Some people actually receive the deal while others waste a bunch of their time and the sellers time trying to fight it. Good luck to everybody and hopefully you all get something, but I can't see being upset or throwing around the the word scam if you end up with nothing but your money back.

Agreed, I thought the price was in fact too good to be true. I have taken all four vendors up on their offer's to refund. I was kind of hoping at least one would have shipped. I am not too upset, as we are talking very minimum money for four 50MHz scopes. What I am a bit annoyed about is it appears as though who or whatever this vendor is, is now trying to send me over to the "others" who are selling the scope at over $200.00. 

I sent the refund request out this morning, so lets see if they hold true to their word.

Rich

Offline AJ3G

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #52 on: November 27, 2019, 04:17:51 am »
As of a few moments ago, all vendors have refunded my money. All the remaining scopes are now at >$200.00. I would be curious to hear what happens with those who shipments are actually on their way. 

Offline wnorcott

• Regular Contributor
  • I like making projects with the ESP32
« Reply #53 on: November 27, 2019, 04:28:58 am »
Two of mine already shipped.  The other one disappeared from my orders and showed up as “customer cancelled” which is a lie, but that was the only one for which I was charged money.   The other two are already shipped to me.  By the way the ones that have shipped to me are of two different types:   The regular 50 Mhz scope, and another one that is a combination 50 MHz scope plus a multimeter.  The seller who fraudulently cancelled my order, I am going to contact Amazon.  A buyer can only cancel a third-party order within 30 minutes of cancelling it, and this a day later.
On very rare occasions, you might notice an odor or see a puff of smoke or sparks vent from your product.

Offline wnorcott

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #54 on: November 27, 2019, 05:20:08 am »
Hello friends.  Here is the scoop.   I went onto Amazon customer chat and said an order had been incorrectly listed  as cancelled by customer but I did not cancel.  I want to reinstate that order.  Amazon said it was cancelled because no stock available.  I gave him a link to same item as my cancelled one, for $310.  Guy said well that is a costly item and it says only one left.    Costly yes, but are sellers allowed to cancel already purchased items a day after the sale and relist customers’ already purchased merchandise for 10-20X the price?  He answered, if it is a pricing mistake on the website then yes the seller is allowed to cancel after Amazon notices the mistake.    I said, well what about other orders not this one, where they have already been shipped?   Answer:   Once shipped, the seller can no longer cancel an order.  I said I have two other orders like that, already shipped.  That’s great, he said.  They already shipped. It means they already shipped me the two oscilloscopes. 
On very rare occasions, you might notice an odor or see a puff of smoke or sparks vent from your product.

The following users thanked this post: thm_w

Offline Ranayna

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #55 on: November 27, 2019, 08:25:55 am »
Well, *something* was shipped. According to the tracking with a bit over 1kg as weight.
Already a discrepancy in regards to the weight listed on the article, which says 1.47 kg.  :-//

Lets see what arrives...

Offline cliffykTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
    • PaladinMicro
« Reply #56 on: November 27, 2019, 11:52:42 am »
Here's what I got at 6:26 this morning:

You have received a message from the Amazon Seller - Naroote

Dear  customer

Sorry to bother you.
I have received the news from our product department,

all of this products you have bought is out of stock at this moment since it sells quickly.

Hope you could kindly understand it.

if you have receive the notification that your parcel has been shipped out,it is a system mistake.we have not shipped it out.

So to protect your profit, I advise to issue you full refund here,
you can buy it again from others.

we can send you a small item as a compensation for the invenience.

is this fine?

May I know if you agree?
Waiting for your early reply.
Best wishes
[emphasis added]

I responded:

Gentlemen,

I would prefer to wait until this item is in stock and can be shipped--please do NOT cancel my order, or issue a refund.

Thank you,

-cliff knight

See what they say...
« Last Edit: November 27, 2019, 11:54:51 am by cliffyk »
-cliff knight-

paladinmicro.com

Offline wnorcott

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #57 on: November 27, 2019, 10:21:04 pm »
If you have received a shipment notification from Amazon the seller cannot cancel the order.   See above.  Seller is bluffing you.   You are not obligated to respond to seller but you might want to bring seller’s message to Amazon’s attention.   I would contact Amazon and say you suspect mail fraud might be happening. The Amazon A-z Guarantee which applies to Amazon Marketplace too is if the item is listed  as shipped to you, and the final delivery date is passed and you did not receive what you ordered, in good working condition, you are entitled to have it replaced with the exact same item you ordered, at the price you already paid, with free shipping to you of a an identical replacement item.  Seller cannot fail to deliver and say it was lost in shipping either: the shipper is the seller’s agent not your agent.  Seller must provide a replacement. 

Offline Inconel-oh-el

• Contributor
« Reply #58 on: November 27, 2019, 10:50:07 pm »
Almost exactly the same scenario as this happened to me the other week- an AN 8009 showed up on eBay for $15, I figured why not try it at that price, so I ordered two. Next day I get almost an identical message that the product was out of stock, offering a refund.
I ask to wait for it to come back in stock, and not to cancel the order. They cancelled the order, claiming to eBay that the buyer had requested it.

Based on the fact that this same tactic appeared on two different sites and two different products, it makes sense to me that the intention is gaming the best selling ratings.

• Frequent Contributor
    • PaladinMicro
« Reply #59 on: November 27, 2019, 10:58:09 pm »
If you have received a shipment notification from Amazon the seller cannot cancel the order.   See above.  Seller is bluffing you.   You are not obligated to respond to seller but you might want to bring seller’s message to Amazon’s attention.   I would contact Amazon and say you suspect mail fraud might be happening. The Amazon A-z Guarantee which applies to Amazon Marketplace too is if the item is listed  as shipped to you, and the final delivery date is passed and you did not receive what you ordered, in good working condition, you are entitled to have it replaced with the exact same item you ordered, at the price you already paid, with free shipping to you of a an identical replacement item.  Seller cannot fail to deliver and say it was lost in shipping either: the shipper is the seller’s agent not your agent.  Seller must provide a replacement.

In my case I had not yet received any shipping notification...
-cliff knight-

paladinmicro.com

Offline geostep

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #60 on: November 28, 2019, 03:35:52 am »
As a follow up, I got a message stating my Amazon order was cancelled because the warehouse was 'out of stock'.
No surprise there.   :--

-George
« Last Edit: November 28, 2019, 03:50:11 am by geostep »

Offline bob91343

• Super Contributor
« Reply #61 on: November 28, 2019, 04:27:51 am »
I searched but couldn't find it.

• Frequent Contributor
    • PaladinMicro
« Reply #62 on: November 28, 2019, 04:52:33 am »
This gets "curiouser and curiouser"; I just got a shipping notice from Naroote, it's a China Post "LWnnn..." tracking number.

Supposedly arriving Dec 17 to Jan 9 'twill be interesting to see what they ship?
-cliff knight-

paladinmicro.com

Offline JDubU

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #63 on: November 28, 2019, 05:55:49 am »
FYI, you can get detailed China Post tracking using www.packages24.com.

The following users thanked this post: edavid

Offline Kosmic

• Super Contributor
« Reply #64 on: November 28, 2019, 11:47:05 am »
You get more details with 17track.net

Offline 4thDoctorWhoFan

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #65 on: November 28, 2019, 05:04:45 pm »
I ordered one of the Rosvola units with the $30 coupon on the 25th, so it did not cost me anything.
Amazon said it shipped on the 27th.  Have not received any emails.....YET.

Guess they will either send something or I should expect a cancellation email soon.  :)

Offline wnorcott

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #66 on: December 02, 2019, 10:25:05 pm »
One of mine was processed today by the USPS customs facility in Chicago, IL. It is the JDS3022E.

Offline Kosmic

• Super Contributor
« Reply #67 on: December 02, 2019, 11:48:37 pm »
Don't get your hope too high. One of mine was delivered today. The status is "Delivered to mailroom". Now, if only I could find the mailroom  :-DD

Was a fake (someone else ?) tracking number. They got the city right thought, that was quite convincing.

Offline AJ3G

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #68 on: December 03, 2019, 12:11:13 am »
One of mine was processed today by the USPS customs facility in Chicago, IL. It is the JDS3022E.

Please update us as to what came in. Like I said in an earlier post, all four vendors have refunded my money after proclaiming to have one problem or another. I am curious to know if this is for real or not. I really hope some of the people who ordered do in fact get them, as that is a really awesome deal.

Rich

• Frequent Contributor
    • PaladinMicro
« Reply #69 on: December 03, 2019, 12:30:39 am »

Please update us as to what came in. Like I said in an earlier post, all four vendors have refunded my money after proclaiming to have one problem or another. I am curious to know if this is for real or not. I really hope some of the people who ordered do in fact get them, as that is a really awesome deal.

Rich

^^^Yes, please..
My package (LW216112402CN) left China at 01:05 on 11.29 [their time], however USPS has not yet acknowledged receipt.

The vendor, Naroote (wish I never heard that name; I'm the one that started this B.S.), has been pestering the crap out of me asking that I cancel the order--I have not yet responded.
-cliff knight-

paladinmicro.com

Offline geostep

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #70 on: December 03, 2019, 01:11:16 am »
I suspect your package (and the two that I ordered that got shipping confirmation on) are on a ship somewhere on the Pacific Ocean.  Both of mine went through the Chinese city of Ningbo, which I discovered is a port city on the edge of the Pacific.
Therefore no more tracking info until that ship gets to the US and the cargo goes through customs.  Could be a while.

- George
« Last Edit: December 03, 2019, 04:07:52 am by geostep »

Offline thm_w

• Super Contributor
  • Non-expert
« Reply #71 on: December 03, 2019, 01:49:58 am »
^^^Yes, please..
My package (LW216112402CN) left China at 01:05 on 11.29 [their time], however USPS has not yet acknowledged receipt.

The vendor, Naroote (wish I never heard that name; I'm the one that started this B.S.), has been pestering the crap out of me asking that I cancel the order--I have not yet responded.

The reason they would want you to cancel is if they have not shipped anything.
But still interesting to see what happens the more you delay.
Profile -> Modify profile -> Look and Layout ->  Don't show users' signatures

• Frequent Contributor
    • PaladinMicro
« Reply #72 on: December 03, 2019, 01:52:04 am »
Recommended tracking systems (FWTW) inicate it was delivered to air transport:

Once again, time will tell..
-cliff knight-

paladinmicro.com

• Frequent Contributor
    • PaladinMicro
« Reply #73 on: December 03, 2019, 01:57:41 am »
^^^Yes, please..

The reason they would want you to cancel is if they have not shipped anything.
But still interesting to see what happens the more you delay.

Surprise for them; as Adlai Stevenson told Russian ambassador Zorin  in '62--"I am prepared to wait for an answer until Hell freezes over..."
-cliff knight-

paladinmicro.com

Online ataradov

• Super Contributor
    • Personal site
« Reply #74 on: December 03, 2019, 02:20:57 am »
This has been happening a lot lately. There is no way so many sellers all of a sudden make the same "mistake". This is clearly intentional. Probably  some way to mess with ratings or search results.

This has been also happening on AliExpress, eBay and apparently now Amazon. Someone figured out a way to benefit from this.
Alex

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf