Products > Test Equipment

VERY BASIC Agilent MSO-X 2024a Question

<< < (3/3)

Rufus:

--- Quote from: jstarr on May 13, 2013, 03:27:03 am ---Sounds like my old Rigol DS1102D was a winner where I could have Ch1 set for 10ns/ and the Ch2 at 500ms and I could trigger individually to see both signals simultaneously.
--- End quote ---

The smarter the scope the more providing alternate trigger and dual time bases impacts the acquisition and display hardware. Someone here says there is no excuse for not providing the feature - that almost no one is providing the feature should give you a clue there is an excuse and the excuse is the value of the feature isn't worth the cost of implementing it. I think in the future you will be unlikely to find this feature except on the dumbest scopes where it doesn't cost much to implement and on money is no object top range models.

On your Agilent you might try triggering on the slow signal and zoom to see the fast signal. You will see both waveforms in single shot. If you need a live display you could try setting a long trigger hold off to reduce the update rate. The fast signal won't be synced but the slow update should stop it just being a blur.

marmad:

--- Quote from: EV on May 13, 2013, 04:48:41 am ---Rigol DS2000 has no alt trigger.  :(

--- End quote ---
As mentioned here, the DS2000 has the Delay trigger - which can use an edge from each channel - thus providing a stable image for two unsynced waveforms. Although this wouldn't cover all situations where you might use an Alternate trigger, it will work in many cases.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version