Author Topic: Flir E4 hack gone wrong  (Read 4400 times)

Offline kolbTopic starter

Flir E4 hack gone wrong
« on: January 26, 2015, 02:46:51 am »
 I'm in need of assistance from someone that knows what they are doing on these.  I have a FLIR E4 with firmware 1.22 that I had a buddy do the update on.  The resolution is great now, multiple color palettes are available, and I get the "special edition" banner at boot up.  I am having a problem where the MSX is not working, or available in the menu, but the digital camera does work.  Also, the menu for the "crosshairs" doesn't make any changes and occasionally freezes up.   :palm:  If this is something you could help me with, I would gladly send PayPall, check, cash, first born child etc. for your time and effort.  I'm a little scared to mess with it more as it SEEMED the instructions were pretty clear but I know NOTHING about these things. ANY help would be greatly appreciated. Please PM if you can help.  THANKS!!
« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 08:14:15 am by kolb »

Offline cctaco

Re: Flir E4 hack gone wrong
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2015, 03:13:17 pm »
How did it all sort out?  Did it get fixed?

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2015, 04:34:27 pm »
It did. I had to send it to someone on this forum.  They were impressed with HOW f'd up it was but did manage to line it out.  I should have it back in a couple of days.

Offline DJ

• Supporter
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2015, 06:23:26 pm »
Any information on how to avoid your experience would be useful (specifically, how did your friend do the mod which screwed it up)

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2015, 07:06:19 pm »
I wish I knew but I don't.  It was a "drop off and call me when done" sort of thing.  Well, when the call came it wasn't all good news. Lol.  The guy that fixed it is on this board.  I'll let him post up his findings if he wants to.  I dont want to say who it is since he might not want that info out.  I was happy he agreed to help me out of a jamb and that's the least I can do.  It was something about the CFC file being messed up by the guy that originally worked on it but that's all I know.  Some great people in this board.

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2015, 01:18:59 am »
DaveWB gave me permission to say he fixed it.  Said it was "impressively" screwed.  You'd have to ask him what was wrong or maybe he'll post up here.  It's fixed now though and all I can say is W O W!!    This thing is incredible.  I'm gonna go look for UFO's with it now!! Lol

Offline DaveWB

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2015, 07:10:58 am »
DaveWB gave me permission to say he fixed it.  Said it was "impressively" screwed.  You'd have to ask him what was wrong or maybe he'll post up here.  It's fixed now though and all I can say is W O W!!    This thing is incredible.  I'm gonna go look for UFO's with it now!! Lol
Yes, it was FUBAR, basically fixed it by playing around until I found the encryption key and worked backwards. Getting it to connect was a task in itself as he messed with something else too. I can't complain he offered me a nice dinner for fixing it :-DD

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2015, 08:01:20 am »
Dave, did the hotdogs get there yet?  I put them in the mail... 

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf