Author Topic: Viewing Trigger Out on DS1054z  (Read 1025 times)

Offline engrguy42Topic starter

• Frequent Contributor
Viewing Trigger Out on DS1054z
« on: April 04, 2020, 08:39:21 pm »
Anyone know of a reason why you shouldn't take the trigger out on a DS1054z and feed it back into one of its input channels? I just want to look at the trigger out signal timing.

Thanks.
- The best engineers know enough to realize they don't know nuthin'...
- Those who agree with you can do no wrong. Those who disagree can do no right.
- I'm always amazed at how many people "already knew that" after you explain it to them in detail...

Offline 2N3055

• Super Contributor
Re: Viewing Trigger Out on DS1054z
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2020, 11:24:44 pm »
Anyone know of a reason why you shouldn't take the trigger out on a DS1054z and feed it back into one of its input channels? I just want to look at the trigger out signal timing.

Thanks.
Timing in relation to what? You can connect it, of course, but on a separate channel than the one you're triggering on...

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2020, 11:28:16 pm »

Thanks.
Timing in relation to what? You can connect it, of course, but on a separate channel than the one you're triggering on...

Thanks. I'm trying to learn about the variation of the waveforms/sec update rate with different settings, and I'm assuming that the trigger pulses out of the trigger out will reflect the current waveforms/sec update rate.
- I'm always amazed at how many people "already knew that" after you explain it to them in detail...

Offline 2N3055

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2020, 11:48:07 pm »

Thanks.

Thanks. I'm trying to learn about the variation of the waveforms/sec update rate with different settings, and I'm assuming that the trigger pulses out of the trigger out will reflect the current waveforms/sec update rate.
no, they will be selfcorelated. You need to measure it wit other device..

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2020, 11:49:41 pm »

Thanks.

Dammit.  |O

Thanks.

The following users thanked this post: 2N3055

Offline 2N3055

• Super Contributor
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2020, 08:46:38 am »

Thanks.

Dammit.  |O

Thanks.
No shame is asking a question...

For instance, while you cannot measure wfms/s with scope itself, if you connect external pulse source to one channel, and then second channel to trig out, you can measure delay and jitter between actual trigger event and trig out. That is something you want to know if you plan to use trig out for something..

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2020, 10:10:41 am »

Thanks.

Dammit.  |O

Thanks.
No shame is asking a question...

For instance, while you cannot measure wfms/s with scope itself, if you connect external pulse source to one channel, and then second channel to trig out, you can measure delay and jitter between actual trigger event and trig out. That is something you want to know if you plan to use trig out for something..

Shame?? In asking a question?? I feel bad for anyone whose ego is so fragile that they actually feel shame in asking a question.

As a great philosopher once said (from my signature below...):

"The best engineers know enough to realize they don't know nuthin'..."

Anyway, thanks for the help.

The following users thanked this post: 2N3055

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf