Author Topic: Voltech DC1000 DCI bias supply: Interlock pinout/description  (Read 478 times)

Offline nexusTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Voltech DC1000 DCI bias supply: Interlock pinout/description
« on: January 29, 2022, 04:44:28 am »
Hi all,

Picked up an interesting bit of kit; a Voltech DC1000 DCI bias source. This is a unique DC current source designed for biasing components undergoing an AC LCR measurement. It has a high input impedance and some other tricks to minimize draining current from the LCR meter also in circuit with the DUT, so that you can make accurate LCR measurements with a bias of up to 25 amps on your DUT. Helpful for designing/characterizing magnetics of course.

Now this thing has a mandatory interlock circuit which must be operated to get any output. When you buy it new, it comes with an interlock bypass plug. Since I just got this one used on eBay, no accessories are included. The manual unfortinately does not provide a functional description of the pinout for the interlock. The interlock input is a DB9 connector on the back. Here is a link to the manual online: https://www.transcat.com/media/pdf/Voltech-DC1000-User-Manual.pdf

Does anyone have the info on a pinout and/or guide for operating the interlock on this thing? I've reached out to Voltech but I figured I'd also ask here.

Full teardown of this box coming soon.

Cheers,
Kevin

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf