Author Topic: Wallace and Tiernan FA129 Absolute Pressure gauge  (Read 1915 times)

Offline crazyjim30Topic starter

• Contributor
Wallace and Tiernan FA129 Absolute Pressure gauge
« on: October 14, 2017, 01:05:10 am »
I realize that this isn't? strictly electrical, but I'm having some trouble finding an appropriate forum. I'm looking for the manual for this gauge. The current manufacturer, WIKA Instruments, has been unresponsive to my inquiries so far. If anyone can provide a copy of the manual or knows where I can find one, I would really appreciate it. Thanks.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Offline babysitter

• Frequent Contributor
  • pushing silicon at work
Re: Wallace and Tiernan FA129 Absolute Pressure gauge
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2017, 06:52:46 pm »
Their http://store.flw.com/products/wika-high-precision-absolute-pressure-gauge-series-1000-6a.html looks like it is the successor. Basically I would expect it to be a membrane manometer:

The pressure port is separated from a evacuated chamber by a membrane. Applied pressure moves the membrane and the movement of the pressure is moving the needle, see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indicator_(distance_amplifying_instrument)

Easy to damage by overpressure. The photo is so 1998 that I cannot read the scale, but if sensitivity is high enough you might see the needle moving with the pressure port open depending on atmospheric ppressure changing at your location. Just visit a airport for single-point-calibration, then. Great Device anyway, would love to have one.

BR
Babysitter
I'm not a feature, I'm a bug! ARC DG3HDA

Offline crazyjim30Topic starter

• Contributor
Re: Wallace and Tiernan FA129 Absolute Pressure gauge
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2017, 08:32:36 pm »
Thanks. You're right. It is, for a gauge, downright beautiful. The local calibration guy is coming to the lab next week, so I should know more then. I also bought a manual for a similar type gauge that I hope will be "close enough" for me to mount, plumb, and operate, the gauge.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf