Author Topic: Wandel & Goltermann PS-33A LNT-2  (Read 2007 times)

Offline albert22Topic starter

• Regular Contributor
Wandel & Goltermann PS-33A LNT-2
« on: December 26, 2015, 05:52:24 am »
I have one PS-33A level generator but I cannot find an operating manual for it. I managed to figure out the basic functions but I think that it can do much more than that.
Also I would like to know the polarity of the AC adaptor LNT-2 to build a substitute:
http://www.helmut-singer.de/stock/-515793015.html
Tried to disassembly the generator to check the connections to the jack, to no avail.
There is a 50/50 chance of getting it right but also 50/50 to damage it, so I need to be sure.
Can anyone help me?
Thanks & regards

Offline SNGLinks

• Regular Contributor
Re: Wandel & Goltermann PS-33A LNT-2
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2015, 02:30:15 pm »
I've only got older W&G equipment (PS10 and PM10 I think)

I would have thought that there would be reverse voltage protection on the DC input.

Is one of the poles of the DC i/p connector connected to the case? If so it's a good bet it's the -ve connection.

Offline albert22Topic starter

• Regular Contributor
Re: Wandel & Goltermann PS-33A LNT-2
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2015, 10:10:30 pm »
thanks for your reply. I cannot be sure if it has a reverse voltage protection. The case is made of plastics. There is a bnc and its shield is connected to the outer sleeve of the jack. There is another connector marked with an "earth icon" which is not connected to the jack. As you say, normally the bnc ground or the case goes to the negative. I would like someone to confirm this by measuring his own unit, if possible.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf