Author Topic: Old Gould device... but what does it do?  (Read 2531 times)

Offline MaxlorTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
Old Gould device... but what does it do?
« on: July 16, 2014, 10:09:26 pm »
I found this old Gould device on a local auction site (see image below). It's said to be an oscilloscope, but is it really? The numeric keypad is unusual for an oscilloscope. Maybe a logic or spectrum analyzer? But As far as I can tell from 2 hours of googling, Gould didn't make those. Or an oscilloscope/signal generator combo? Not seeing anything similar on google images though. I'm puzzled. Any ideas?

The left half of the device has the same layout as the Gould OS4040, whereas the silkscreen design looks more like the Gould Type 4035.

Offline N2IXK

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Old Gould device... but what does it do?
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2014, 12:06:15 am »
Model number? How about posting a photo with enough resolution to be able to read the front panel markings?
"My favorite programming language is...SOLDER!"--Robert A. Pease

Offline dfmischler

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2014, 12:57:06 am »
I can't read the labels either, but it gives the impression of an oscilloscope with a word recognizer for triggering (maybe even mixed signals display).

Offline baljemmett

• Supporter
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2014, 01:57:39 am »
Squinting at the model number in that photo a bit, it kinda looks like it has a 1 in the second digit; and the text before it vaguely suggests 'intelligent oscilloscope' from the shape of the fuzz…  So given that, Google suggests the OS5100 - as mentioned and shown in the advert at the bottom of each page of this article about a different range

Actually, digging a bit deeper finds these photos of the OS5110 which are even better - they have the blue stripe that the adverts are missing, for a start.

Hopefully variations on those model numbers will turn up more details - sorry I didn't squint at it for longer when you pasted the link in the IRC channel earlier!
« Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 02:02:59 am by baljemmett »

Offline MaxlorTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2014, 07:59:14 am »
Well, a better image would make it rather easy, where's the challenge in that! Seriously though, that's unfortunately the best image I have, hence my difficulty in figuring it out.

Baljem's spot on though, thanks!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf