Author Topic: Which oscilloscope to choose hantek dso4102c, hantek dso5202p or rigol ds1054z?  (Read 11630 times)

Offline rsjsouza

• Super Contributor
  • Eternally curious
    • Vbe - vídeo blog eletrônico
(English version below)
Entre esses dois últimos eu acho que o Rigol é a melhor escolha - se você tiver o espaço na bancada, claro. As razões são que ele é um equipamento com controles fisicamente mais acessíveis,  pode ser consertado mais facilmente, tem mais usuários que podem ajudá-lo em caso de problemas, etc.

Os experts daqui consideram o micsig um excelente produto, touchscreen e bastante compacto, mas tem uma base instalada menor. O tamanho é uma grande vantagem se você precisa consertar coisas fora da sua bancada, mas uma desvantagem pois ele opera em alta temperatura e é mais difícil de consertar.

A sua bancada está em um quarto com ar-condicionado?

Um detalhe do Rigol é que ele possui representantes locais. Você tentou fazer uma cotação com eles? Isso pode ser uma grande ajuda em caso de problemas.

== English ==
Between the last two, I think the Rigol is a better choice - if you have the space in the bench, of course. The reason is that it is a bigger oscilloscope with real physical controls which can be repaired more easily, hacked if you need the decoders, has more users that can help you, etc.

The resident experts consider the micsig an excellent product, it is touchscreen only and is very compact, but a lot less people use it. The small size is a big advantage if you need it to repair things outside your bench but the small size/higher density means it will certainly run hotter and will be harder to repair.

Is your bench in an air-conditioned room?

Rigol has some local distributors - did you try to ask for a quote? This can
 be very helpful in case of problems.
Vbe - vídeo blog eletrônico http://videos.vbeletronico.com

Oh, the "whys" of the datasheets... The information is there not to be an axiomatic truth, but instead each speck of data must be slowly inhaled while carefully performing a deep search inside oneself to find the true metaphysical sense...

Offline nctnico

• Super Contributor
    • NCT Developments
Sorry but the Micsig isn't small at all (25cm x 21cm) ! The size is similar compared to the DS1054Z but the TO1104 has a much bigger screen.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2019, 09:40:42 am by nctnico »
There are small lies, big lies and then there is what is on the screen of your oscilloscope.

Offline GeorgeOfTheJungle

• Super Contributor
  • !
But watch out, that one in banggood does NOT include battery nor the serial decoding options. Or so it seems...
The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.

Offline luednoTopic starter

• Contributor
  • !
this model from micsig to1152 would be better than to1104 on aliexpress it has battery I talked to seller
R$ 1.973,47  Ganhe 40% de desconto | Micsig TO1152 Tabuleta Digital Oscilloscope 150MHz 2CH 1G Sa/S de Taxa de Amostragem em Tempo Real-Osciloscópios Automotivos kit Multimetro
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/LIrvRj4c

• Super Contributor
  • !
The TO1152 has 2 channels not 4!
The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.

• Contributor
  • !
Hello can tell if micsig to1104 has portuguese language. I am considering buying it tomorrow at banggood. good price and win multimeter gift

[R$1.916,95 21% OFF]Micsig TO1104 100 MHz Digital Tablet Osciloscópio 4CH 28 Mpts 1GSa / s Osciloscópio Tela de Toque de Diagnóstico automotivo com 8 polegadas TFT LCD Instrumentos de Medição e Análise from Ferramentas, Industrial e Científica on banggood.com https://banggood.app.link/Jdlk6V2aRZ
« Last Edit: September 10, 2019, 03:04:24 am by luedno »

• Contributor
  • !
(English version below)
Entre esses dois últimos eu acho que o Rigol é a melhor escolha - se você tiver o espaço na bancada, claro. As razões são que ele é um equipamento com controles fisicamente mais acessíveis,  pode ser consertado mais facilmente, tem mais usuários que podem ajudá-lo em caso de problemas, etc.

Os experts daqui consideram o micsig um excelente produto, touchscreen e bastante compacto, mas tem uma base instalada menor. O tamanho é uma grande vantagem se você precisa consertar coisas fora da sua bancada, mas uma desvantagem pois ele opera em alta temperatura e é mais difícil de consertar.

A sua bancada está em um quarto com ar-condicionado?

Um detalhe do Rigol é que ele possui representantes locais. Você tentou fazer uma cotação com eles? Isso pode ser uma grande ajuda em caso de problemas.

== English ==
Between the last two, I think the Rigol is a better choice - if you have the space in the bench, of course. The reason is that it is a bigger oscilloscope with real physical controls which can be repaired more easily, hacked if you need the decoders, has more users that can help you, etc.

The resident experts consider the micsig an excellent product, it is touchscreen only and is very compact, but a lot less people use it. The small size is a big advantage if you need it to repair things outside your bench but the small size/higher density means it will certainly run hotter and will be harder to repair.

Is your bench in an air-conditioned room?

Rigol has some local distributors - did you try to ask for a quote? This can
 be very helpful in case of problems.

In the room where I work has no air conditioning rigol I think it would be a safer choice because there are many recommendations here in the forum for sure maintenance on rigol will be possible already in micsig do not know. the problem that I am passionate about technology and love novelty wanted something more current the fact of being portable makes a big difference despite not using so much off the counter but it is an option, my fear is the durability of the product I think not being so resistant conventional countertops. discard if it is not clear what I describe here because I use goolge translator.

The following users thanked this post: rsjsouza

• Contributor
  • !
The TO1152 has 2 channels not 4!

two is enough for me but for the same value would take the 4 channel

• Contributor
  • !
But watch out, that one in banggood does NOT include battery nor the serial decoding options. Or so it seems...

would it be possible to buy battery in the future?

• Super Contributor
  • !

Offline Gandalf_Sr

• Super Contributor
Just buy the Rigol, you will be happy with it.  It can be upgraded to DS1104Z with all features enabled very simply and without opening it up, after this the .  Search for 'Riglol' and you'll find a web site to type in the information and get back the key to get everything unlocked.

The 1054Z has been out for a long time, that means that almost all the bugs have been found and fixed.  I own 4 scopes including a Keysight MSO7104B and the Rigol is the one I use most.

It's true that the Rigol has a smallish screen so I get closer to it when using the scope but then I have tired old eyes.

Here's a link to experiences on upgrading the DS1054Z

I don't work for any of the scope manufacturers; be suspicious that many people here saying buy brand x make money from selling brand x.
If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer

Offline nctnico

• Super Contributor
    • NCT Developments
be suspicious that many people here saying buy brand x make money from selling brand x.
Sorry but that is nonsense. Only Tautech has an interest in selling Siglent equipment because he is a dealer. Other people have no interest at all.
There are small lies, big lies and then there is what is on the screen of your oscilloscope.

• Super Contributor
  • !
Everything in the rigol is seriously slow as a snail (very annoying) and the UI is a disaster most of the time you have to push two or three buttons to get where you want because it's four submenus away. Then you click the rotary encoder and it moves up or down one item before the click and you've got to do it again. It was a mistake, I shouldn't have bought it.

I don't work for any of the scope manufacturers; be suspicious that many people here saying buy brand x make money from selling brand x.

Neither do I!
« Last Edit: September 10, 2019, 10:11:59 am by GeorgeOfTheJungle »

Offline Gandalf_Sr

• Super Contributor
Sigh... OK some people are brand x fanboys/fangirls.

I don't think that the 1054Z UI is "slow as a snail", I press the button and see what I want almost immediately.

OK, some of the rotary encoders don't always catch on every click but who gives a fuck when it's a $300 scope? I twiddle my knob and get a satisfactory result.

I have zero buyers remorse.

All of which probably leaves the OP completely confused.

For $300 for a 4 channel scope that's stood the test of time and has all the unlocked features and bandwidth for free,the DS1054Z is a winner. OUT

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.

Like you and me !
be suspicious that many people here saying buy brand x make money from selling brand x.
Sorry but that is nonsense. Only Tautech has an interest in selling Siglent equipment because he is a dealer. Other people have no interest at all.
Not only me, there are many member dealers/sellers and distributors here but few are open about their relationships. Nevertheless anyone with something between their ears and a few seconds on Google or check members website links can discover if some member is qualified to make comment of suggesting a brand/model, after all we do this each day as part of our businesses.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

The following users thanked this post: electricMN

Offline nctnico

• Super Contributor
    • NCT Developments

I don't think that the 1054Z UI is "slow as a snail", I press the button and see what I want almost immediately.

OK, some of the rotary encoders don't always catch on every click but who gives a fuck when it's a $300 scope? I twiddle my knob and get a satisfactory result.
But meanwhile the world has moved on and other manufacturers have matched the same price bracket with more modern and better products. Recommending the DS1054Z is like dwelling in the past. Especially if you have not used any other oscilloscope then you get the 'everything looks like a nail if you only have a hammer' and 'I bought this so I must justify this purchase' effects on top of it.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2019, 10:57:18 am by nctnico »

Offline rsjsouza

• Super Contributor
  • Eternally curious
In the room where I work has no air conditioning rigol I think it would be a safer choice because there are many recommendations here in the forum for sure maintenance on rigol will be possible already in micsig do not know. the problem that I am passionate about technology and love novelty wanted something more current the fact of being portable makes a big difference despite not using so much off the counter but it is an option, my fear is the durability of the product I think not being so resistant conventional countertops. discard if it is not clear what I describe here because I use goolge translator.
O Micsig é bastante tentador mesmo - eu tenho namorado ele há muito tempo mas ainda não consegui justificar a sua compra. Ao comprar no Banggood, tenha cuidado com os termos de compra: caso ele venha com defeito, o vendedor aceita retornos ou trocas sem que você tenha que pagar o frete de volta para a China? Isso é algo que pode custar muito caro. Outro detalhe: você tem certeza que pode pedir esse equipamento e a Receita Federal não vai empepinar o meio de campo? Caso não dê pepino, quanto seria mais ou menos o imposto caso eles cobrem? Isso acaba fazendo parte do preço total do bichinho.

Micsig is very tempting indeed - I have been looking at it for quite some time but I still couldn't justify its purchase. As you buy on Banggood, just be careful with the sale conditions: if it comes defective, will the seller accept returns or exchanges for free? This is something that can cost a lot. Also: are you sure the customs will not block the shipping? If so, how much is the tax? This becomes part of its total cost.

But meanwhile the world has moved on and other manufacturers have matched the same price bracket with more modern and better products. Recommending the DS1054Z is like dwelling in the past. Especially if you have not used any other oscilloscope then you get the 'everything looks like a nail if you only have a hammer' and 'I bought this so I must justify this purchase' effects on top of it.
This can't be a sentence coming from someone with a balanced opinion. Foreign markets suffer from variables other than the products specifications - not everyone has access to the latest models or can afford to buy a lemon oscilloscope and brush it off just because it came from a less reliable distributor or the country has no available service or technical support. Sure, the OP is willing to take the risk with Banggood, but others may not.

Oh, the "whys" of the datasheets... The information is there not to be an axiomatic truth, but instead each speck of data must be slowly inhaled while carefully performing a deep search inside oneself to find the true metaphysical sense...

Offline nctnico

• Super Contributor
    • NCT Developments
This can't be a sentence coming from someone with a balanced opinion. Foreign markets suffer from variables other than the products specifications - not everyone has access to the latest models or can afford to buy a lemon oscilloscope and brush it off just because it came from a less reliable distributor or the country has no available service or technical support. Sure, the OP is willing to take the risk with Banggood, but others may not.
Assuming the service from Bangood or Aliexpress is worst than a local vendor is not valid. There are lots of local sellers which are totally crap. At some point I ordered something from Italy (that is about 2000km away) because the local distributor absolutely sucked.

• Contributor
  • !
Really everything points to the ds1054z, many recommendations best cost benefit, various topics in the forums, long time in the market, I am sure it will be my best choice. but another question arises, I never had contact with the device, basic notions, and this other option appears hantek dso5102p.

https://www.banggood.com/Hantek-DSO5102P-USB-Digital-Storage-Oscilloscope-2Channels-100MHz-1GSas-p-1013032.html?akmClientCountry=BR&rmmds=cart_middle_products&cur_warehouse=CN

Comparing with the rigol ds1054z the price difference would be almost double look;
https://aliexpress.com/item/32498608008.html?spm=a2g0s.8937460.0.0.2a552e0emM6J9u

Wouldn't a beginner be a safer choice justified by price? so I will know what I really need after using this hantek.
Already research various topics on this hantek know all the bugs and their limitations, it would be possible to manufacture a device that can not use basic things?
I am really in doubt if anyone can share your thoughts already thank you.

• Contributor
  • !
O Micsig é bastante tentador mesmo - eu tenho namorado ele há muito tempo mas ainda não consegui justificar a sua compra. Ao comprar no Banggood, tenha cuidado com os termos de compra: caso ele venha com defeito, o vendedor aceita retornos ou trocas sem que você tenha que pagar o frete de volta para a China? Isso é algo que pode custar muito caro. Outro detalhe: você tem certeza que pode pedir esse equipamento e a Receita Federal não vai empepinar o meio de campo? Caso não dê pepino, quanto seria mais ou menos o imposto caso eles cobrem? Isso acaba fazendo parte do preço total do bichinho.

Micsig is very tempting indeed - I have been looking at it for quite some time but I still couldn't justify its purchase. As you buy on Banggood, just be careful with the sale conditions: if it comes defective, will the seller accept returns or exchanges for free? This is something that can cost a lot. Also: are you sure the customs will not block the shipping? If so, how much is the tax? This becomes part of its total cost.

micsig will be expensive because I risk being taxed at 60% of the value

Offline rsjsouza

• Super Contributor
  • Eternally curious
Wouldn't a beginner be a safer choice justified by price? so I will know what I really need after using this hantek.
Considerando somente essa lógica, você poderia comprar um DSO188 e ver se ele atende a parte das suas especificações: certamente o preço e o risco são baixíssimos, você terá a funcionalidade de um osciloscópio para ondas de até 1MHz (suficiente para áudio) e ele vai te dar experi~encia para saber o que você precisa em um osciloscópio "de verdade". Assim você consegue tomar a decisão mais tarde.

Não conheço o Hantek, mas diversos artigos na internet indicam que ele é um produto que deixa a desejar. A lógica aqui é similar à do DSO188: é um produto básico (mas com melhor refinamento e muito mais banda) mas que carrega um preço e um risco maiores.

Considering only this logic, you could get a ultra basic DSO188 and see if it meets at least part of your expectations: the price and the risk are very low, you will be able to see waveforms up to 1MHz (enough for audio) and it will give you some experience to find what you need on an oscilloscope, so you can make a better decision later. 

I don't know the Hantek, but many reports on the internet point to it being an unfinished product. The logic is similar to the DSO188: it is a basic product (although a bit more refined and with much more bandwidth) but the price and risk are higher.

Assuming the service from Bangood or Aliexpress is worst than a local vendor is not valid. There are lots of local sellers which are totally crap. At some point I ordered something from Italy (that is about 2000km away) because the local distributor absolutely sucked.
Nico, my beef is with your umbrella assertive about recommending Rigol - local distribution is just one element. 

My final word on the distributor question:
Sure, certain distributors are not worth their salt but countries have laws and returns or exchanges are certainly covered in many cases. In your specific case you bought from Italy because you know you are covered in part by EU regulations. Another aspect is service and/or general technical support. Translating your case to the OP, if you are not familiar with the equipment (or is a beginner) and don't speak Italian, the foreign distributor has no obligation to provide service and support in English or Dutch. All in all, the service from Bangood or Aliexpress may not be as bad as a local distributor, but it can be blocked by additional cost or ulterior factors.

Offline nctnico

• Super Contributor
    • NCT Developments
Nico, my beef is with your umbrella assertive about recommending Rigol - local distribution is just one element. 
My beef is with people blindly recommending the DS1054Z without looking how the world has moved on. It is almost like an unvoluntary knee-yerk reaction. BTW you don't seem to notice that I didn't recommend a scope which would fit the price bracket but (appearantly) isn't available to the OP.

When it comes to sellers: Aliexpress has a way to get a refund if the goods aren't OK. Perhaps Banggood has something similar and then there is always the possibility to file a claim at the credit card company.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2019, 04:08:21 pm by nctnico »

Offline Gandalf_Sr

• Super Contributor
How can I be recommending the DS1054Z "blindly" when I own one and use it 3 times a week?

Is is possible that an unbelievably better scope is available that offered way better features and value for money and that I'm not aware of? I guess it's possible but it hasn't been reviewed by Dave yet.

Offline Fungus

• Super Contributor
My beef is with people blindly recommending the DS1054Z without looking how the world has moved on.

The DS1054Z is still a solidly built, reliable way to see wiggly lines on a screen and take measurements. It works, there's still nothing that beats it for the price.

The Siglents, etc., are not a massive step up in terms of empowerment for most people. The difference between owning a DSO and not owning a DSO is night/day.

The difference between a Rigol DS1054Z and the next step up the ladder? Quite small in reality. Do they have (eg.) better FFTs? Yes, but I've never used the FFT function in the three+ years I've owned mine, so...  :-//
« Last Edit: September 11, 2019, 01:52:32 am by Fungus »

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
 ::)
Meeting Nyquist with 3 channels active at rated and hacked BW is a basic requirement.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf