Author Topic: Which oscilloscope to choose hantek dso4102c, hantek dso5202p or rigol ds1054z?  (Read 11604 times)

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
yours is a punctual case, it is not the usual thing that also happens to all brands including Rigol
One easily forgets the design errors in early 1054Z that were corrected with a later SW bodge:
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/blog/eevblog-683-rigol-ds1000z-ds2000-oscilloscope-jitter-problems/

Then after further deeper investigation Project Yaigol was born:
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/projects/project-yaigol-fixing-rigol-scope-design-problems/

Those that want to throw mud should expect some to be thrown back.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

Offline Fungus

• Super Contributor
In my modest opinion, he will say that Rigol is quite good for its price, but if I stick to the parameters, in Spain:
The Rigol DS1054Z costs € 400 with taxes included.
The Siglent SDS1104x-e costs € 510 with taxes included.
The price difference is € 100, it is 25% and not 50% with they say out there.

Looks like prices have changed. Rigol has gone up a bit and Siglent has gone down a bit.  Let's see what they are next month. :-//

(And GW-Instek has vanished)

That's in Europe, it won't help our Brazilian friend.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2019, 10:25:13 am by Fungus »

Offline Karel

• Super Contributor

Don't buy anything from Siglent if you are not sure you don't want to sell it on Ebay later...

https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/siglent-they-filed-a-_wrongful-trademark-claim_/

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor

Don't buy anything from Siglent if you are not sure you don't want to sell it on Ebay later...

https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/siglent-they-filed-a-_wrongful-trademark-claim_/
And from that thread there is also a link to this little jem:
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/beginners/ds1052e-removed-from-ebay/msg2892/#msg2892
« Last Edit: September 14, 2019, 10:41:41 am by tautech »
Avid Rabid Hobbyist

Offline Fungus

• Super Contributor

Indeed.

Offline Gandalf_Sr

• Super Contributor
yours is a punctual case, it is not the usual thing that also happens to all brands including Rigol
I'm not sure you're using the word "punctual" correctly, it means being on time.  My comment told you that Siglent USA did not honor their new equipment warranty (unless you believe their claim that having to perform probe calibration after you change vertical ranges is an acceptable requirement).
If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer

Offline edwardcd

• Oscilloscope Pros
Would go for the Rigol oscilloscope if its within your budget. Siglent is also a strong choice.
Writer and tinkerer

Offline uargo

• Regular Contributor
All teams and brands have had and have bugs, especially recently launched for sale.
I'm not a fanboy of either Rigol or Siglent, I just researched a lot before I bought the oscilloscope, I also compared Rohde & Schwarz, keysight (too expensive), Owon, Micsig (they didn't convince me), and in that price range Siglent seemed to me the best, with the best features and with 4 channels.
I do not intend to discredit any brand, I simply try to give the one who wants to buy an oscilloscope all the information that I collected for months so that he can decide.

If you are interested in my list of candidates (with 4 channels and this price range) it looks like this:

1st place - Siglent SDS1104X-E (won by having the best features)
2nd place - Micsig TO1104 Plus (good features and battery, portable)
3rd place - Rigol DS1054Z (good features)
« Last Edit: September 15, 2019, 09:44:25 am by uargo »

Offline uargo

• Regular Contributor
I also have a hantek dso4202c, a handheld hantek dso1062b and an analogue of 2 channels 30mhz.
Hantek is fine for initiation and hobby, but it has several shortcomings when you are looking for something else:
1 - has no deep memory
2 - only 1024 fft points
3 - low WFM
4 - without serial decoder
« Last Edit: September 15, 2019, 09:31:33 am by uargo »

The following users thanked this post: luedno

Offline Gandalf_Sr

• Super Contributor
There's some obvious conclusions to be drawn from the points raised in this thread so far which are that designing and launching something as complex as a digital oscilloscope is difficult and the cheapness of the scope (and the OEM ;)) is directly proportional to the likelihood of there being hardware and software bugs.

The better OEMs will stand behind their products when such bugs are discovered; obviously software bugs can be fixed by sending out new firmware versions which is fairly easy for an OEM to do but hardware bugs that would need a return and repair can get expensive for the OEMs who will clearly lose all profits on a <$500 scope if they 'do the right thing' and fix stuff for early adopters.

My conclusion is that the best thing to do is not buy a newly-launched model unless you really need all the latest features and you're sure that the OEM will stand behind their product.  There are many examples in the world of products that were launched before ready to use the early adopters effectively as beta testers.

Offline luednoTopic starter

• Contributor
  • !
Hello After much research I made a decision, I was very interested in micsig to1104 but due to the difficulties to acquire and the risks to give up on this option. my choice was for the rigol ds1054z very recommended being better value for money, compared to models that were available in my country it offers me more features than others of the same value, since a long time in the market with many contents helps a lot for beginners. thank you all.

The following users thanked this post: Gandalf_Sr, Fungus

Offline Gandalf_Sr

• Super Contributor
Hello After much research I made a decision, I was very interested in micsig to1104 but due to the difficulties to acquire and the risks to give up on this option. my choice was for the rigol ds1054z very recommended being better value for money, compared to models that were available in my country it offers me more features than others of the same value, since a long time in the market with many contents helps a lot for beginners. thank you all.
I think you'll be happy with your choice, have fun  ;D

Offline rsjsouza

• Super Contributor
  • Eternally curious
    • Vbe - vídeo blog eletrônico
Congratulations on your purchase! I hope it gives you hours of fun!
Vbe - vídeo blog eletrônico http://videos.vbeletronico.com

Oh, the "whys" of the datasheets... The information is there not to be an axiomatic truth, but instead each speck of data must be slowly inhaled while carefully performing a deep search inside oneself to find the true metaphysical sense...

Offline chinoy

• Regular Contributor
    • RDDreams
I find myself in the same boat as you.

Solved it by buying a tried and tested cheap scope. The Hantek DSO5102P I got it for 150$ USD. Well I placed the order. Delivery on the 7th. This was the last piece with the seller. And he had a very poor rating.
So lets see.

Meanwhile I continue to research so far my best pick is the Siglegent. SDS1104X-E.
I need to confirm it has the touch screen interface. And that it has AWG function via the USB port.
Every 2nd day I have a new fav. Right now its the Siglegent. Everything is a blur in my mind as I have been reading hundreds of reviews, posts, and videos.

But as this will be the last scope I buy in this lifetime. I want it to be right. Features I like.

1. 100 Mhz.
2. 4 channel
3. AWG
4. SPI / Serial decode
5. Ability to view the scope on a large display and use it. From the PC.
6. Large display at least 7 inch with 800x600 display. or 800x400.
250 M/S per channel. When using 3 - 4 channels.

I nearly pulled the trigger on a Hantek DSO2D15 or DSO2D10 but too many posts on this forum and others complaining about things like lack of accuracy, noise, AWG stopped working etc etc.
Good thoughts, Good deeds, Good words.
All the religion you need in life.

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor

Meanwhile I continue to research so far my best pick is the Siglegent. SDS1104X-E.
I need to confirm it has the touch screen interface. And that it has AWG function via the USB port.
Every 2nd day I have a new fav. Right now its the Siglegent. Everything is a blur in my mind as I have been reading hundreds of reviews, posts, and videos.

But as this will be the last scope I buy in this lifetime. I want it to be right. Features I like.

1. 100 Mhz.
2. 4 channel
3. AWG
4. SPI / Serial decode
5. Ability to view the scope on a large display and use it. From the PC.
6. Large display at least 7 inch with 800x600 display. or 800x400.
250 M/S per channel. When using 3 - 4 channels.

It doesn't, only standard TFT-LCD.
https://int.siglent.com/products-overview/sds1000x-e/
1. Yes
2. Yes
3. Yes with optional SAG1021I
4. Decodes free
5. Yes, webserver standard.
6. Yes, 7" display
250 M/S per channel. When using 3 - 4 channels. = Yes, actually 500MSa/s with 4 active channels.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist

Offline Fungus

• Super Contributor
I need to confirm it has the touch screen interface.

That's easy: No it doesn't.

The following users thanked this post: chinoy

Offline chinoy

• Regular Contributor
    • RDDreams
Ok I found the one with touch. Plus it has a 10.1 inch screen.

One key point i missed on my list of must have was the unit should have at least 2 ADC.

This one seems to be my present hot fav.
Even though my Hantek unit was delivered one day early today. And I love it.

https://www.amazon.com/SIGLENT-SDS2104X-Channel-Phosphor-Oscilloscope/dp/B08M9ZYCCD?fbclid=IwAR0MUwFS4DhHoLxRP_4WEGFTvmwIZ_JSWdCo_OT1ItihrocebKygzD9tzlM
Good thoughts, Good deeds, Good words.
All the religion you need in life.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf