Author Topic: Which oscilloscope to choose hantek dso4102c, hantek dso5202p or rigol ds1054z?  (Read 11476 times)

Offline luednoTopic starter

• Contributor
  • !
good morning I am looking for oscilloscope for purchase I took several readings and summarized the three oscilloscopes that were within my budget are:
hantek dso4102c 100mhz hantek dso5202p 200mhz both at about the same value, a bit more expensive the rigol ds1054z, which would be a good choice?

Offline Adrian_Arg.

• Frequent Contributor
I among those three, I would always choose Rigol DS1054z ;D ;D

Online Microcheap

• Regular Contributor
It all depends on what is your budget and what you need it for. I have the Rigol and have used the Hantek. There is no discussion that the ds1054z is a better scope, but it is more expensive and hard to source in Brazil.

Offline Vaiti

• Contributor
Do you need 4 channels? Get the Rigol. If not, then get one of the 2 channel scopes.

• Contributor
  • !
I do not need the 4 channels, I found the rigol being sold by AliExpress but with stock here in Brazil my budget reaches it, as I will use for maintenance any of the three I think would suit me. Rigol here in Brazil being sold for 2,000.00, dso4102c and dso5202p on AliExpress for 1350.00 each outside customs duty if taxed. it would be better to get the rigol soon

Offline nctnico

• Super Contributor
    • NCT Developments
What do you want to use an oscilloscope for? If it is for repair then 2 channels will do. If you are designing circuits then I would definitely try to get a 4 channel oscilloscope.
There are small lies, big lies and then there is what is on the screen of your oscilloscope.

• Contributor
  • !
maintenance on led tvs, automotive modules, audio amplifiers, noteboock, digital satellite receivers.

Offline TurboTom

• Super Contributor
On such equipment, monitoring an SPI bus may be beneficial once in a while. In this case, the four channels will come in handy.

Offline GeorgeOfTheJungle

• Super Contributor
  • !
MicSig TO1074 no doubt!
The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.

Offline nctnico

• Super Contributor
    • NCT Developments
On such equipment, monitoring an SPI bus may be beneficial once in a while. In this case, the four channels will come in handy.
I don't think so. Decoding won't help much for fault finding in existing equipment. Looking at whether the signals are OK in the analog domain is enough. The cheapest option will probably do just fine.
There are small lies, big lies and then there is what is on the screen of your oscilloscope.

The following users thanked this post: Fungus

• Contributor
  • !
I don't think so. Decoding won't help much for fault finding in existing equipment. Looking at whether the signals are OK in the analog domain is enough. The cheapest option will probably do just fine.

good settings fits my job?
« Last Edit: September 07, 2019, 08:31:30 pm by luedno »

Online Fungus

• Super Contributor

...but 200MHz is better than 100Mhz for this.

• Super Contributor
  • !
Very, very few people need a 200 MHz scope...

@luedno: A MicSig TO1074 is the best buy !
The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.

Online Fungus

• Super Contributor

But if they're the same price, then...  :-//

(although check the features and number of firmware bugs before deciding)

But way over budget.

Everything costs much more and is harder to get in Brazil.

• Super Contributor
  • !

• Super Contributor
  • !
And there's also this STO1104C for 425 euros @ aliexpress. Says "Ships from Spain" => no import taxes. A scam maybe?

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33007300314.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.71434c4dJAMYeh

Edit: Ok, I don't know about the availability of MicSigs in Brazil... but it would be the best buy if possible at all.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2019, 10:07:01 pm by GeorgeOfTheJungle »

Online Microcheap

• Regular Contributor
The problem is, anything he imports to Brazil will be taxed in 100% (yeah it's crazy but it's true) so, a Rigol that costs "only" 400EUR will get to him at 800EUR (in fact more if you add shipping) and that is a lot of money here. And there will be no support if he needs it.

Local options are very limited, we have the known brands like Keysight and Tektronix but those are very expensive. Then you can find some Hanteks and a few Rigols through small distributors or old models made by OEM in China, rebadged by local companies and sold at a premium. Second hand market in non existent too.

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
good morning I am looking for oscilloscope for purchase I took several readings and summarized the three oscilloscopes that were within my budget are:
hantek dso4102c 100mhz hantek dso5202p 200mhz both at about the same value, a bit more expensive the rigol ds1054z, which would be a good choice?
Welcome to the forum.

For your needs you should also consider the 2ch 200 MHz SDS1202X-E, a good little DSO and very capable.
I regularly sell these into repair businesses.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

Offline nctnico

• Super Contributor
    • NCT Developments
The problem is, anything he imports to Brazil will be taxed in 100% (yeah it's crazy but it's true) so, a Rigol that costs "only" 400EUR will get to him at 800EUR (in fact more if you add shipping) and that is a lot of money here. And there will be no support if he needs it.
I was already afraid of that. It is sad how some countries cripple people who want to make a living but have a small budget to work with.

Offline Adrian_Arg.

• Frequent Contributor
At rigol ds1054z I bought it in tequipament usa, request student discount US $ 319.00 + US $ 95.00 shipping, at that price add 50% of customs in my total country just over 600 dollars in February 2018.

• Contributor
  • !
Unfortunately it is the reality of my country abusive prices we have to resort to importation if you want to buy cheaper products and when they get here they are taxed at 60% or more.

• Contributor
  • !
Micsig to1074 parece ser uma boa escolha mas não encontrei ele no aliexpress e banggood  mas tem esse  modelos;
R$ 1.995,62  Ganhe 40% de desconto | Micsig TO1152 Tabuleta Digital Oscilloscope 150MHz 2CH 1G Sa/S de Taxa de Amostragem em Tempo Real-Osciloscópios Automotivos kit Multimetro
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/NyCF5gDE

[R$1.916,95 21% OFF]Micsig TO1104 100 MHz Digital Tablet Osciloscópio 4CH 28 Mpts 1GSa / s Osciloscópio Tela de Toque de Diagnóstico automotivo com 8 polegadas TFT LCD Instrumentos de Medição e Análise from Ferramentas, Industrial e Científica on banggood.com https://banggood.app.link/N8wQZC1UNZ

Esta um pouco acima do meu orçamento mas posso me apertar um pouco e comprar

• Contributor
  • !

which would be better choice?

[R$1.916,95 21% OFF]Micsig TO1104 100 MHz Digital Tablet Osciloscópio 4CH 28 Mpts 1GSa / s Osciloscópio Tela de Toque de Diagnóstico automotivo com 8 polegadas TFT LCD Instrumentos de Medição e Análise from Ferramentas, Industrial e Científica on banggood.com https://banggood.app.link/MQNKb2uzPZ

Or

R$ 1.604,69 | RIGOL DS1054Z 50MHz Osciloscópio Digital 4 canais analógicos 50MHz de largura de banda
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/3AtBPMKk

Offline nctnico

• Super Contributor
    • NCT Developments
I'd say the TO1104 just because it is newer & better. However the TO1104 is touch-screen only so you'd have to like that. You may want to look for reviews on both scopes to see what you like.

• Super Contributor
  • !

which would be better choice?

[R$1.916,95 21% OFF]Micsig TO1104 100 MHz Digital Tablet Osciloscópio 4CH 28 Mpts 1GSa / s Osciloscópio Tela de Toque de Diagnóstico automotivo com 8 polegadas TFT LCD Instrumentos de Medição e Análise from Ferramentas, Industrial e Científica on banggood.com https://banggood.app.link/MQNKb2uzPZ

Or

R$ 1.604,69 | RIGOL DS1054Z 50MHz Osciloscópio Digital 4 canais analógicos 50MHz de largura de banda
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/3AtBPMKk

I have one of each and honestly I would never again buy the Rigol, it's a pain in the ass. The MicSig? A pleasure. So much so that it's sitting in the place where my super-mega-cool DSO7104 Agilent used to be. And runs on batteries, it's small and portable, and even so its screen is LARGER (on the Rigol screen sometimes I can barely read the letters are too tiny), not as large as the Agilent's but big enough.

The MicSig NO DOUBT if you ask me! Right now it's the best buy. In my humble opinion of course.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf