Author Topic: Why does everyone have twenty oscilliscopes?  (Read 85987 times)

Offline madires

• Super Contributor
  • A qualified hobbyist ;)
Re: Why does everyone have twenty oscilliscopes?
« Reply #250 on: February 13, 2016, 03:32:58 pm »
And before you ask for one, register to win one at www.scopemonth.com 

If you win this, you won't need your other 19.

I don't know what people have to do or provide to enter the sweepstake, but following from the official rules seems to be a little bit disturbing:
By entering, the entrant hereby assigns to Keysight all IP rights, including copyrights.

Offline bitseeker

• Super Contributor
  • Lots of engineer-tweakable parts inside!
« Reply #251 on: February 13, 2016, 06:32:37 pm »
I don't know what people have to do or provide to enter the sweepstake, but following from the official rules seems to be a little bit disturbing:
By entering, the entrant hereby assigns to Keysight all IP rights, including copyrights.

(I am not a lawyer, but) taking the preceding text into context with that statement, this simply means that anything you provide to Keysight by entering can be freely used by them (e.g., for promotional purposes). Unfortunately, legalese is typically over the top in the way it's worded and sounds extremely overbearing and excessively overreaching.

So far, all I had to submit to enter was basic contact information including name, company name, and email address.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2016, 06:34:58 pm by bitseeker »
TEA is the way. | TEA Time channel

Offline WackyGerman

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #252 on: February 13, 2016, 07:09:28 pm »
I don t have 20 scopes . My old Grundig GO15Z  :-BROKE last week so I only have my Fluke 123 left . But this has 20 knobs  :-DD

Offline Macbeth

• Super Contributor
« Reply #253 on: March 10, 2016, 10:44:36 pm »
@Sebastian. Fuck that is seriously cringeworthy.  :palm:

Offline Helix70

• Supporter
  • VK4JNA
« Reply #254 on: March 11, 2016, 07:06:08 am »
Poor Sebastian, the winner of Scopemonth? Yeah, I will shed a tear.

Offline Smokey

• Super Contributor
  • Not An Expert
« Reply #255 on: March 11, 2016, 09:11:35 am »
Ok... Ok..  Lets make a deal.  Have them send it to me in the USA and I'll ship it to you for a significantly reduced amount :)

Offline Fred27

• Supporter
    • Fred's blog
« Reply #256 on: March 11, 2016, 09:47:58 am »

Keysight seems very arrogant to me. Let's see what they come up with next week.
Really? It seems to me that you're the one being arrogant. You entered and won a competition, depriving someone else of the opportunity to win. Keysight offered you a great prize and it sounds like they're trying to be as helpful as they can minimising winners' tax burden.

You realise that tax doesn't go to Keysight don't you? The German government want it. Not only have Keysight given away their product for free, but you expect them to pay to the German government on your behalf for the privilege.

I hope that next week they tell you to go poke it.

Offline macboy

• Super Contributor
« Reply #257 on: March 11, 2016, 01:43:10 pm »
As a quick followup.

Anyone with 20 scopes, video camera, youtube account and enough room to do some oscilloscope dominoes?

Don't tempt us.
I like the sign on the pulse (step) generator.

Offline 1xrtt

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #258 on: March 11, 2016, 05:44:41 pm »
Yeah..., clicked the link, entered all my personal data, and then:
Thank you for your interest. This offer is not yet available in your country. Here are some links you’ll find interesting:

On a second thought, if I win, I would be crying even louder than Sebastian... :D
With this thing costing over 3K, it goes to a completely messy taxation schema and I would end up paying around 100% customs tax over the declared price and shipping, and possibly would need to hire an accountant to sort out the paperwork.

So, thank you, good guy Keysight, for not allowing us, poor third worlders, to get poorer!

Offline nctnico

• Super Contributor
    • NCT Developments
« Reply #259 on: March 11, 2016, 06:17:33 pm »

They got a marketing boss called Dave? I like the BBQ idea with a different scope though.
There are small lies, big lies and then there is what is on the screen of your oscilloscope.

Offline Howardlong

• Super Contributor
« Reply #260 on: March 11, 2016, 06:40:24 pm »
Yeah..., clicked the link, entered all my personal data, and then:
Thank you for your interest. This offer is not yet available in your country. Here are some links you’ll find interesting:

On a second thought, if I win, I would be crying even louder than Sebastian... :D
With this thing costing over 3K, it goes to a completely messy taxation schema and I would end up paying around 100% customs tax over the declared price and shipping, and possibly would need to hire an accountant to sort out the paperwork.

So, thank you, good guy Keysight, for not allowing us, poor third worlders, to get poorer!

I think you can thank your own government for that. With regret, Brazil is up there and beyond Russia for exporting to as far as I am concerned. I will no longer send items via my usual tracked route. The 100% tax is frequently refused by recipients and I risk having items returned by the shipping company at my expense.

You need to start looking at your own government's actions and those "tips" (cough) government employess frequently demand just to do their jobs, both of which are playing a key part in isolating your country, rather than immediately blaming everyone else.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf