Author Topic: Win a Free SIGLENT X-Series Oscilloscope or Generator! Your choice.  (Read 47787 times)

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
Re: Win a Free SIGLENT Oscilloscope or Generator!
« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2014, 10:21:16 pm »
I wouldn't recommend looking at an SDS2000 before Siglent has published new firmware despite the nice promotional discount.
I have an additional PCB for probe skew correction and pre-print User manual edits that go with the Power Analysis option and have been asked to evaluate PA option for Siglent and report back.
This strongly indicates to me that the new Firmware is close to release.
This is my first exerience with PA and it seems a very powerful option and fully featured.

For any existing shortcomings with the SDS2000 series it seem like Siglent will address these in the very near future. This is what I have been told.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

Online nctnico

• Super Contributor
    • NCT Developments
« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2014, 12:22:36 am »
IIRC Wuerstchenhund did a short introduction on power analysis with his Lecroy scope. It looked interesting being able to look at harmonic distortion and so on. I think I should spend one 'trial credit' on it.
There are small lies, big lies and then there is what is on the screen of your oscilloscope.

Offline miguelvp

• Super Contributor
« Reply #27 on: December 13, 2014, 12:40:12 am »
Am I the only person who doesn't have a FB account? Really not sure I want to cave in and get one.
Good luck to those who enter. I just increased your chances.

Ditto!

No need to be on FaceBook.
The entry can be sent to
Sales@Siglent.com

(I'm not on FaceBook either :))

Steve

Good to know, thanks for letting us know.

As for the side track, you should open a new thread.

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
« Reply #28 on: December 13, 2014, 08:51:36 pm »
well i thought this is interesting

imanaged to get a ballpark price that indicates a SDS2074-FG ... is approx the price of a keysight DSOX2002A ... hmmm ... i thought SDS-2xxx price ranges are to combat rigols? no?
Please see Siglent UPGRADE offer:
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/siglent's-new-product-msosds2000-series/msg561400/#msg561400
i saw that, it is also the reason i contacted my local distro to ask about it, it does sound like a itching good deal ... but as i expected, they (local distro) did not say anything about it, they did not indicate it is inclusive. (sometimes i really hate all my local distros and resellers, its like they are thugs or something cos they know they are a distributor and you have no choice  :-//)

the model i officially inquired was SDS2074-FG, they officially quoted me approx USD1500 (or exceeding 1.5k if include local sales tax). FG option is included (@ approx USD170)
The SDS2074-FG(70 MHz) Siglent RRP is US$1356 + shipping/taxes etc BUT Siglent will upgrade this to SDS2104-FG (100 MHz)for free.

Re Youtube videos, unless they are of a recent date, it is likely they are not using the last firmware release: 35.1.
Marmad & Nctnico's SDS2000 review threads in this forum and the resultant list of bugs AFAIK is the remaining known bug fixes required. rf-loop may have informed Siglent of others, I do not know.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist

Offline MartyD

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #29 on: December 13, 2014, 09:23:57 pm »
I had to order my Siglent gear in the UK and the Netherlands because I could not find someone selling to Individuals in Germany... |O
Regarding the free upgrades on the SDS2000 series, I could not find any distributor EU wide which even announces them.

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
« Reply #30 on: December 13, 2014, 09:27:18 pm »
I had to order my Siglent gear in the UK and the Netherlands because I could not find someone selling to Individuals in Germany... |O
Regarding the free upgrades on the SDS2000 series I could not find any distributor which announces them.
If you inquire directly to Siglent, they will refer their local supplier to you.
They do this for me.

If any distributor orders a unit for you(not in their stock)the free upgrades should apply.
The official offer expires Feb 15 2015.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist

Offline MartyD

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #31 on: December 13, 2014, 09:30:29 pm »
If any distributor orders a unit for you(not in their stock)the free upgrades should apply.

That's quite a bit like gambling, isn't it?!

Online nctnico

• Super Contributor
    • NCT Developments
« Reply #32 on: December 13, 2014, 09:51:02 pm »
Did you try futu-tech.de? That is where I bought my SDG1010. They list all prices including VAT so I guess they aim at individuals.

@3roomlab: if you are not in a hurry you could wait until the end of this month to see if Siglent comes with a firmware update of the SDS2000 series. Despite it's shortcomings it is a nice oscilloscope for a rock bottom price. BTW the last time I visited Singapore (over a decade ago) I went hunting for cheap PC parts only to find the prices where 20% higher compared to the prices back home.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2014, 09:57:32 pm by nctnico »
There are small lies, big lies and then there is what is on the screen of your oscilloscope.

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
« Reply #33 on: December 13, 2014, 09:52:37 pm »
Regarding the free upgrades on the SDS2000 series, I could not find any distributor EU wide which even announces them.
aha ... well looks like a similar problem. the local distro initially is also not interested to offer to me because i am not a "company" entity ...  :-//

i think i spot a solution .... i would like to offer my services to siglent as worldwide sales manager to solve this problem ... no no no i am joking  :-DD ... sorry but a bit of crude joke :P but it is a real problem for siglent, they need to pull up their pants abit more imo for the sake of the resellers etc
Some equipment suppliers provide worldwide delivery and this could be your solution.
Others provide a "drop shipping" service but the recipient is usually subject to any customs and local taxes.
Your local distributor MAY have a policy of only selling to retailers, so you will have to locate them.
Maybe with further inquiry to them or Siglent?

Do some homework on your import charges and somebody here can maybe supply you via drop shipping. Import charges may apply.
It would not be my intention to step on another distributors toes, but if they do not have an adequate supply chain in place to end users............

Avid Rabid Hobbyist

Offline MartyD

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #34 on: December 13, 2014, 10:18:34 pm »
Did you try futu-tech.de? That is where I bought my SDG1010. They list all prices including VAT so I guess they aim at individuals.

I have chosen NOT to order at futu-tech.de aka massmarkt.de for several reasons:
a) they do not have good reputation, b) they do not speak my language, c) they are located near Hamburg Haven where all chinese resellers just shove boxes around, d) support is basically non-existant, e) just look at their website as a native german speaker...

I much prefer a renown company selling me stuff which gives me confidence in their support and that they still exist in >2 years. Sadly plug-in.de which is one of those doesn't sell to individuals. IMHO Siglent must be present on stores like e.g. Koenig, Reichelt, Conrad, ELV to be recognized as a serious brand. Least that's what I'd aim for.

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
« Reply #35 on: December 13, 2014, 10:35:04 pm »

That's quite a bit like gambling, isn't it?!
Robust inquiry to your supplier will ensure it is no gamble.
I had notification of the upgrade offers some weeks ago and applied them for a recent SDS2000 supply.

However I see some possible difficulties in communicating with distant suppliers to ensure one gets the specials offered. Just be carefull with the wording of your inquiries to prevent misunderstandings.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist

Offline devanno

• Regular Contributor
  • Old newbie
« Reply #36 on: December 30, 2014, 01:01:32 am »
Hi guys, the Round 2 Winner of A Free SIGLENT Oscilloscope or function generator has came out.
congratulate this lucky guy!
this is the link of youtube
the round 3 is beginning, we hope all of you can take part in the activity. for more information please visit here http://siglentamerica.com/qyxwxx.aspx?id=910&sid=26
Well, yours truly won the 2nd draw... Looking forward to receipt of my new O'scope. (Ok, so it's not Irish, but you get what I mean)  :-)
Congratulations and welcome to the forum.  :clap:
Hope you are happy with your free score.
Which model will you get?

Thanks! and sorry for the delay... been busy with holidays and such...  requested the 'scope.. SDS1102CML.  Haven't heard when it will ship yet, however... so waiting patiently. :-)
Free Electrons - Just one, please.

Siglent America

« Reply #37 on: December 30, 2014, 02:54:46 pm »
Hi guys, the Round 2 Winner of A Free SIGLENT Oscilloscope or function generator has came out.
the round 3 is beginning, we hope all of you can take part in the activity. for more information please visit here http://siglentamerica.com/qyxwxx.aspx?id=910&sid=26
Well, yours truly won the 2nd draw... Looking forward to receipt of my new O'scope. (Ok, so it's not Irish, but you get what I mean)  :-)

Thanks! and sorry for the delay... been busy with holidays and such...  requested the 'scope.. SDS1102CML.  Haven't heard when it will ship yet, however... so waiting patiently. :-)

Hi Devanno.

Your Siglent SDS1102CML oscilloscope will ship today from Cleveland so I expect it will arrive Wednesday or Friday. We will send you the tracking number this afternoon.

We appreciate your participation in the promotion.
Thank you and Happy New Year!
Steve
« Last Edit: December 30, 2014, 02:58:18 pm by Siglent America »

Offline devanno

• Regular Contributor
  • Old newbie
« Reply #38 on: January 02, 2015, 04:59:33 pm »

Hi Devanno.

Your Siglent SDS1102CML oscilloscope will ship today from Cleveland so I expect it will arrive Wednesday or Friday. We will send you the tracking number this afternoon.

We appreciate your participation in the promotion.
Thank you and Happy New Year!
Steve

I got the notice, thanks!   

Offline ivan747

• Super Contributor
« Reply #39 on: January 02, 2015, 07:43:18 pm »
Guys, when is the 3rd round coming?  :)

Offline devanno

• Regular Contributor
  • Old newbie
« Reply #40 on: January 05, 2015, 10:44:14 pm »
Woo Hoo!  My new O'scope (I keep wanting to make it Irish) arrived today!  :-)  Thank you, Siglent!

Siglent America

« Reply #41 on: January 06, 2015, 03:26:44 pm »
Guys, when is the 3rd round coming?  :)

Hi, Ivan.

Last I heard (a week or two ago) was that we were 2 or 3 reviews short of what we needed to have for our third drawing. I would think that we are now very close!

Steve
« Last Edit: January 06, 2015, 03:29:56 pm by Siglent America »

Offline ivan747

• Super Contributor
« Reply #42 on: January 07, 2015, 02:09:35 pm »
yes, I was number 7 and it seems I was the last guy to enter. The promo said it was valid until the 31st of december, 2014, so maybe people dont know there are still 3 spots available.

Siglent America

« Reply #43 on: January 07, 2015, 02:56:53 pm »
yes, I was number 7 and it seems I was the last guy to enter. The promo said it was valid until the 31st of december, 2014, so maybe people dont know there are still 3 spots available.

Actually, the program is in effect until June 1, 2015, so you're still good to go! I see we have 2 more we need for this round.

http://www.siglentamerica.com/qyxwxx.aspx?id=910&sid=216

Steve

Offline SiglentTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
  • SIGLENT
    • SIGLENT TECHNOLOGIES
« Reply #44 on: January 15, 2015, 03:49:31 am »
Hi everybody, the Round 3 Winner of A Free SIGLENT Oscilloscope or function generator has came out.
Congratulate this lucky guy!
This is the link of youtube:
Not the lucky guy! Come on.
The round 4 is beginning
Good luck!

For more information, please visit here:
http://siglentamerica.com/qyxwxx.aspx?id=910&sid=26
or
http://siglentamerica.com/qyxwxx.aspx?id=1206&sid=216
« Last Edit: January 15, 2015, 03:52:43 am by Siglent »
The Best Value in Electronic Test & Measurement

Offline ivan747

• Super Contributor
« Reply #45 on: January 15, 2015, 12:30:37 pm »
Ah wish I had won  :-X

Congratulations to the winner  :-+

Offline devanno

• Regular Contributor
  • Old newbie
« Reply #46 on: January 15, 2015, 08:44:52 pm »
Congrats to the winner is right!   :-+

I've been using the 'scope I won to diagnose some issues at the model RR club I'm a member of.  As Dave Jones would say "It's working a treat!"

Offline Sprod

« Reply #47 on: January 16, 2015, 09:15:28 am »
Congratulations to the winner!!

This contest is a really great idea! Thanks Siglent !  :-+

Offline jobog

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #48 on: March 02, 2015, 07:42:11 pm »
I wrote my review last week and was informed I was number 9 in drawing number 4.

I have the SDS1052DL and like it very much.  Would really like to have a better manual but can't find anything online.  If anyone here has a better manual could you tell me where you found it?

Is there a way to clear the screen on this scope after capturing a single signal and have it ready to accept the next input?  If I press the single button the screen clears but then the scope won't respond to the next attempt to capture a signal.

Offline jobog

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #49 on: March 02, 2015, 10:00:58 pm »
Should have read the thread before I opened my mouth.  Found the Siglent America site from one of the previous posts so was able to download the manual.  Thanks.  As to my problem of clearing the screen and then grabbing another signal I found that having the trigger set correctly solves a lot of problems.  With the trigger set you just have to press the run/stop button to clear the screen and then the new signal triggers when you turn the red light out.

Hope to get that 10th review soon so drawing 4 can proceed.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf