Author Topic: BOUGHT Scope with good control software  (Read 1256 times)

Online coromonadalixTopic starter

• Super Contributor
BOUGHT Scope with good control software
« on: May 26, 2023, 07:18:31 pm »
Hi @ll

Im trying to find some equivalence to a Picoscope 3406   i have without paying the absurd amount  / pricing they have    until i'm totally pushed on a corner ....

Is there some scope brand with a nice / fun to use interface software  around 200Mhz BW   

Tried Rigol  on the one we have at my job, not impressed  cumbersome ... is there someting better  ??

Sometimes i need screenshots and external controls  over anydesk sessions  ..

I know i may have to deal with Visa stuff  ... but one simple efficient interface ... does it exist ?

thks

Hantek usb  any users ?
Owon ones  any users ?
« Last Edit: May 30, 2023, 06:39:15 pm by coromonadalix »

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
Re: search for Scope with good control software
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2023, 08:11:12 pm »
Hi @ll

Im trying to find some equivalence to a Picoscope 3406   i have without paying the absurd amount  / pricing they have    until i'm totally pushed on a corner ....

Is there some scope brand with a nice / fun to use interface software  around 200Mhz BW   

Tried Rigol  on the one we have at my job, not impressed  cumbersome ... is there someting better  ??

Sometimes i need screenshots and external controls  over anydesk sessions  ..

I know i may have to deal with Visa stuff  ... but one simple efficient interface ... does it exist ?

thks

Hantek usb  any users ?
Owon ones  any users ?
Yes you may if you don't select something with an inbuilt webserver.  ;)
Avid Rabid Hobbyist
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

Offline RoGeorge

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2023, 08:13:04 pm »
I don't know to recommend a good USB scope, but have you tried DSremote for Rigol?  It's LXI was not meant to be operated from a PC, though it eventually works.  At least you don't have to deal with VISA yourself.  Screen/data captures are a single click (or shortcut keypress).
« Last Edit: May 26, 2023, 08:14:50 pm by RoGeorge »

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2023, 11:08:10 pm »
thks  but need it in Windows platform ... 

Offline KungFuJosh

• Super Contributor
  • TEAS is real.
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2023, 12:26:07 am »
Any of the decent Siglent scopes have a built-in webserver. You can connect to it from almost anything with a browser. I used to have the 1104X-E with a USB wifi dongle attached to it, so it could be accessed over ethernet or wifi. Now I have the SDS2504X Plus (SDS2104XP upgraded), and it's much nicer/faster. Either way, the web control is easy and fast.

Siglent also has windows software you can run to control it, but I've never bothered to try it.

I did a review of the SDS1104X-E when I still had it, and I included a part with the web interface (skip ahead to 5:45 for the web interface):
"I installed a skylight in my apartment yesterday... The people who live above me are furious." - Steven Wright

The following users thanked this post: tautech

Offline RoGeorge

• Super Contributor
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2023, 09:13:11 am »
thks  but need it in Windows platform ...

Try from WSL, or install VirtualBox or VMware Player, either of the two is free, and can create virtual machines (inside windows, without the need to reboot or to repartition any Windows disks).  Then either create a new virtual machine and install Linux in it, or download a ready made virtual machine with Ubuntu (Ubuntu is the Windows of Linuxes, in terms of usage easiness), for example from https://www.osboxes.org/ubuntu/ or some other place you prefer.

Then you can start any time you want a Linux PC running inside your Windows, both running at the same time, as if it were to have two different computers, and without rebooting the Windows.

Somebody might have ported DSremote for windows already, I see some search results for DSremote Windows, but I didn't try any of them, e.g. https://github.com/pvvx/DSRemote
« Last Edit: May 27, 2023, 09:16:17 am by RoGeorge »

The following users thanked this post: coromonadalix

Offline PicoBen

• Pico Technology
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2023, 01:20:31 pm »
@coromonadalix

My name is Ben and I'm one of our Technical support engineers here in the North American office of Pico Technology.
While our prices are fair for what we offer, I do completely understand the desire to get a better deal.
We do have some older models that are still new in box that we can offer and depending on all of your needs, we can likely find a good match.
If you call our office at +1(800)591-2796 between 9AM - 4:30PM Central I'd be more than happy to talk with you about your specific needs.

Kindly,
Ben

• Super Contributor
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2023, 06:38:09 pm »
well     

Shelled lots of cash, i mean  lots of cash for a 3406D MSO,     wallet will cry for a looooong time    :palm:

The following users thanked this post: 2N3055

Offline PicoBen

• Pico Technology
Re: BOUGHT Scope with good control software
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2023, 09:21:57 pm »
I'm certain that the useability, portability, and power will be well worth it. If you need any support, please feel free to reach our team at +1(800)591-2796 or support@picotech.com .

Kindly,
Ben

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf