Author Topic: Brand new analog scopes from Tektronix/Fluke/Agilent - are they still for sale?  (Read 26548 times)

Offline dom0

• Super Contributor
The PM3365 looks pretty much identical to the PM3350. I have a 3350, it's ... not a good scope in my opinion.

Offline SaabFAN

• Frequent Contributor
I had a PM3350 too, but it was really limited. I think, it was their first Combi-Scope with On-Screen Display and microprocessor-controlled Controls. Earlier Scopes had complete "Analog" controls, or only very limited digital controls.
But according to the Manuals, the "facelift" (PM3365 among others) is much more sophisticated: They have advanced aquisition-modes, more measuring-options, higher analog bandwidth. And they also feature a equivalent-sampling mode. I don't know if the PM3350 had that, but I doubt it, as a 16Mhz signal looked very "Pixelated".

The User-Interface is identical though, which is a good thing. It's clean, all functions have their own buttons. No digging through menus to get the signal on screen. And every press of a button yields immediate results, unlike the DS1104Z, which seems a bit sluggish to me. Especially if it has been running for some time.

Online HighVoltage

• Super Contributor
The real improvements of the Philips scopes came with the introduction of the PM3394. This was a huge leap forward and was no longer comparable to the PM3365.
But I did sell a few of the PM3365 to clients and they are still in use today and work perfectly for the intended purpose.
There are 3 kinds of people in this world, those who can count and those who can not.

Offline dom0

• Super Contributor
By the way, are there any major differences between the PM3350 and the PM3350A (aside the 10 MHz increase in bandwidth?)

Offline SaabFAN

• Frequent Contributor
It appears to be part of the newer series of scopes with the mentioned updates. I found a Manual here that includes the PM3350A, 52A, 55, 65A, 67A, 75, 77: https://www.gearslutz.com/board/geekslutz-forum/912102-philips-fluke-pm3350a-operation-guide.html - First Post: Link to a Dropbox-File.

What is interesting to me in that context: Is there a PM3365 (without the A)? And does it have the same limitations the PM3350 has?
And, if there were 2 Versions of the PM3365 made, are the PM3365 Scopes found in Hamburg PM3365, or PM3365A?

Offline pascal_swedenTopic starter

• Super Contributor
Looking forward to the feedback from Philips Hamburg :)

Offline SaabFAN

• Frequent Contributor
Any new information about the scopes?

Online HighVoltage

• Super Contributor
Any new information about the scopes?
I will see the people tomorrow.
There are 3 kinds of people in this world, those who can count and those who can not.

Online HighVoltage

• Super Contributor
Ok and sorry for some bad news...
I just came back from a meeting with the people who had told me about the PM3365 and all the scopes are all gone for a few month already. They have been "fachgerecht entsorgt" as the Germans say, meaning they have been professionally recycled because nobody higher up wanted to take any responsibility. May be that is how it is these days with these large corporations, it is not meaning anything to them.

• Super Contributor
That means that we have to wait for another treasure like this.

Anybody who finds such a deal out there, please report in this posting here :)

• Super Contributor
Reposting this topic to see if somebody has discovered a stock of brand new analog scopes from Tektronix/Fluke/Agilent in the mean time :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf