Author Topic: XJW01 Auto LCR meter review ($120 bench top LCR meter)  (Read 79020 times)

Offline AG7CK

• Regular Contributor
Re: XJW01 Auto LCR meter review ($120 bench top LCR meter)
« Reply #75 on: June 15, 2018, 11:38:53 am »
And which manuals would they be?

Thank you for asking. I will compile a list of imo useful and easy to read manuals below. In the mean time:

1) Please search the web for "lcr 100hz 120hz". You will find snippets like:

- 100Hz and 120 Hz test frequencies are generally used in capacitance measurement of electrolytic capacitors which are used as power line voltage rectifiers.

- UK— 50 Hz - Ripple frequency = 100 Hz

- to filter power line frequency effects (50/100Hz or 60/120Hz)

- Test frequencies: 100Hz, 120Hz, 1kHz and 10kHz.

This will set you off finding info yourself.

2) Read the very good manual for DE-5000 (a very good cheap all-round instrument). There are different versions, but this was the first I found: https://www.ietlabs.com/pdf/Manuals/DE_5000_im.pdf

If you search "100 Hz" in the pdf-file manual, you will find the string "100 Hz / 120 Hz / 1 kHz / 10 kHz / 100 kHz" on page 46 of 52.

3) Now go search "100 Hz / 120 Hz / 1 kHz / 10 kHz / 100 kHz" on the web, and you will get "a ton" of user manuals for LCR meters.

Voila, I don't have to compile a list after all ... (joking, I will put up a list later).

Good luck searching and reading.

Offline buildafriend

« Reply #76 on: June 15, 2018, 11:41:18 am »
:=\ :=\ :=\

Impedance  = Voltage / Current = Potential / Current

(Force) Current High and Low : Hc, Lc
(Sense) Potential High and Low : Hp, Lp

The search "lcr lp lc hc hp" gives (on my pc, i.e. - ymmv) first link being: http://hiokiusa.com/wp-content/uploads/pdf/28261-LCRappguide-2016.pdf . On page 5 of 28 I find the below attached figure.

The excellent but excentric XJW01 is imo only for people who already know how to use a generic LCR meter already (yep, yhat is a double).

People w/o willingness and ability to search and learn on their own can imo use it to "indicate" some value or another for ohm, farad and henry - but little else.

Hence go find and study 3-10 user manuals for LCR meters from Japan, Germany and USA, and you will see that many questions in this thread evaporates into thin air.

:-DMM
 :=\

The recently recommended paper on impedance measurement was extremely helpful, now you've got me digging. And yeah I wish I could afford a normal LCR meter before this one! There's no reason to settle for a lesser meter when you have the ability to learn a better one that costs less. Does this not count as research  ;) The old art of communicating with people ;D

This adds clarity, thank you!!
« Last Edit: June 15, 2018, 11:49:47 am by buildafriend »
E-Prime only

Offline WhichEnt2

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #77 on: June 15, 2018, 11:44:44 am »
Well, 2x50Hz is 100Hz and 2x60Hz is 120Hz
Really? And why do you insidiously ignore 100 kHz in such complex math equations?
 :popcorn:
Short pieces, high value, small period, huge amount, long delay.

Offline AG7CK

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #78 on: June 15, 2018, 12:04:57 pm »
Really? And why do you insidiously ignore 100 kHz in such complex math equations?

I like your sense of humor. Pass me the popcorn, please.

I must admit that I cannot count to 100.000

But there are historical reasons for the universally accepted test frequencies of (all in Hz):

- 100/120 (explained over)

- 1k, 10k (standard caps and more - intermediate values)

- 100k (RF stuff)

But this is also searchable for those who bother to do it. So no need for me to write a half baked explanation of things that are already out there.

PS If you search the web for "eevblog xjw01 7.8khz" you will know the reason why this meter does not conform to 10kHz. And if you search the web for "lcr meter 9.6khz" you will learn even more.

Happy searching.

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
« Reply #79 on: June 15, 2018, 12:17:13 pm »

I like your sense of humor. Pass me the popcorn, please.

I must admit that I cannot count to 100.000

But there are historical reasons for the universally accepted test frequencies of (all in Hz):

- 100/120 (explained over)

- 1k, 10k (standard caps and more - intermediate values)

- 100k (RF stuff)

But this is also searchable for those who bother to do it. So no need for me to write a half baked explanation of things that are already out there.

PS If you search the web for "eevblog xjw01 7.8khz" you will know the reason why this meter does not conform to 10kHz. And if you search the web for "lcr meter 9.6khz" you will learn even more.

Happy searching.
So in the case of someone like me who is not really RF but more into audio and power supply smoothing and filtering the 100Hz and 120Hz testing frequency is surely just fine?

I have just read the manual for DE5000 and yes, while it does support 1KHz, 10KHz 100KHz, 100Hz and 120Hz, the default is 1KHz but it does not explain why it defaults to IHz test frequency and likewise it fails to mention why does it support other frequencies as well?
Who let Murphy in?

Brymen-Fluke-HP-Thurlby-Thander-Tek-Extech-Black Star-GW-Avo-Kyoritsu-Amprobe-ITT-Robin-TTi

Offline WhichEnt2

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #80 on: June 15, 2018, 01:53:39 pm »
Sure.

PS If you search the web for "eevblog xjw01 7.8khz"
This and other (decision not to use ICL7135) nuances of xjw01 design is clearly described in machine-translated doc for early revision of meter.

"lcr meter 9.6khz" you will learn even more.
Results is fully stuffed with some lcr meter which is made by Chroma. I learned that their manual for that meter and appnotes on lcr related info not nearly as good as same docs from HP / Keysight.
Very unexpectedly.
I'd bet you meant something about difficulties in implementation precise 10 k vs using just-close-enoguh don't-even-have-to-use-extrapolation 9.6 k.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2018, 01:57:18 pm by WhichEnt2 »
Short pieces, high value, small period, huge amount, long delay.

The following users thanked this post: buildafriend

Offline AG7CK

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #81 on: June 15, 2018, 08:36:34 pm »
Well, I guess I should have kept my hands out of this hole of worms ...

When in my naivety I search "lcr meter why 9.6khz not 10khz" or similar, I get answers like '10 kHz = 9.6 kHz' even from an Agilent dokument:

Code: [Select]
[PDF]Agilent U1731B/U1732B Dual Display Handheld LCR Meter - Keysight
literature.cdn.keysight.com/litweb/pdf/U1731-90059.pdf
requirement. This affixed product label indicates that you must not .... The 20,000-count dual display
handheld LCR meters (U1731B and ...... 10 kHz = 9.6 kHz.
[PDF]878A and 879 Dual Display LCR Meter - Mouser Electronics
[url]https://www.mouser.com/ds/2/43/879_manual-707041.pdf[/url]
controlled meter for measuring functions of inductance, capacitance and ... Extremely simple to operate,
the instrument not only takes ..... 10KHz= 9.6 KHz.
[PDF]Tenma 72-1025 LCR Meter - UNC Physics
[url]https://users.physics.unc.edu/~sean/Phys351/techresource/docs/Tenma72-1025.pdf[/url]
Benchtop LCR Meter. Model 72-1025 ...... mode. The dark areas are not provided on this meter.
100Hz. 120Hz. 1KHz. 10KHz. Resistance .... 10KHz= 9.6 KHz.

WTF ...

The reason why 10 kHz = 9.6 kHz and 7.8 kHz is close enough to 10 kHz, is probably related to microprocessor crystal frequencies and prescaler / divider factors (used for test oscillators).

So 100/120 - 10k/9.6k or 7.8k really doesn't matter. Start by choosing low frequency 100 (or 120) for PSU electrolytes, 1k/10k for micro- to nanofarad sized audio stuff and similar, and 100k for handfuls of picofarads.

The manual https://users.physics.unc.edu/~sean/Phys351/techresource/docs/Tenma72-1025.pdf over is good. Read it and go search on your own.

---ooo---

Edit:
Copy from http://literature.cdn.keysight.com/litweb/pdf/U1731-90059.pdf:

"
Test frequency accuracy:
±0.1%
100 Hz = 100 Hz
120 Hz = 120 Hz
1 kHz = 1010 Hz
10 kHz = 9.6 kHz
"

:o
« Last Edit: June 15, 2018, 09:26:58 pm by AG7CK »

Offline nctnicoTopic starter

• Super Contributor
    • NCT Developments
« Reply #82 on: June 15, 2018, 10:34:56 pm »
The recently recommended paper on impedance measurement was extremely helpful, now you've got me digging. And yeah I wish I could afford a normal LCR meter before this one! There's no reason to settle for a lesser meter when you have the ability to learn a better one that costs less. Does this not count as research  ;) The old art of communicating with people ;D
Define normal LCR meter. After I bought the XJW01 I also bought an old HP LCR meter (something with ...74) which supported 100kHz as well. It turned out the XJW01 is way more accurate especially for low values (like the milli-ohm range). Ofcourse no bias voltage but with a simple external circuit (DC blocking capacitor) you can add that to the XJW01 as well. End of story: the HP LCR has left the building.

I got a network analyser instead which can do frequency sweeps as well.
There are small lies, big lies and then there is what is on the screen of your oscilloscope.

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
« Reply #83 on: June 15, 2018, 10:57:16 pm »
Define normal LCR meter. After I bought the XJW01 I also bought an old HP LCR meter (something with ...74) which supported 100kHz as well. It turned out the XJW01 is way more accurate especially for low values (like the milli-ohm range). Ofcourse no bias voltage but with a simple external circuit (DC blocking capacitor) you can add that to the XJW01 as well. End of story: the HP LCR has left the building.

I got a network analyser instead which can do frequency sweeps as well.
Yes I believe that the XJW01 is pretty accurate and of course it has another big advantage over the HP LCR meter, size, the HP one is massive, its as big as a 1740A scope.
Who let Murphy in?

Brymen-Fluke-HP-Thurlby-Thander-Tek-Extech-Black Star-GW-Avo-Kyoritsu-Amprobe-ITT-Robin-TTi

Offline The Electrician

• Frequent Contributor

The following users thanked this post: Electro Fan

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
« Reply #85 on: June 16, 2018, 09:37:53 am »

This one is good: http://www.componentsengineering.com/wp-content/uploads/pdfs/LCR-Measurement-Primer.pdf
Yes thats a good one, but let me spin it on its head now, all of the ESR charts on capacitors that I've seen have all been on electrolytics and are taken at 100Hz or 120Hz. In fact on some LCR/ESR testers even have a table of expected results printed on them, and once again they are for electrolytics at the same frequencies.

Are tables for there tables that show what a good ESR reading should be at 100KHz and also at 10KHz for these other caps?

It has always been the case in my experience that these other caps like ceramics etc have 2 failure modes open or shorted circuited. The capacitance may drift a bit over time and this can checked on the testers but nowhere have I ever come across any form of a table or even a mention about the passable ESR values for these, nor have I heard anyone mention that this is a problem until this thread. So is this a consequence of the ever increasing frequencies being used today or what? 
Who let Murphy in?

Offline The Electrician

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #86 on: June 16, 2018, 09:10:27 pm »

This one is good: http://www.componentsengineering.com/wp-content/uploads/pdfs/LCR-Measurement-Primer.pdf
Yes thats a good one, but let me spin it on its head now, all of the ESR charts on capacitors that I've seen have all been on electrolytics and are taken at 100Hz or 120Hz. In fact on some LCR/ESR testers even have a table of expected results printed on them, and once again they are for electrolytics at the same frequencies.

Are tables for there tables that show what a good ESR reading should be at 100KHz and also at 10KHz for these other caps?

It has always been the case in my experience that these other caps like ceramics etc have 2 failure modes open or shorted circuited. The capacitance may drift a bit over time and this can checked on the testers but nowhere have I ever come across any form of a table or even a mention about the passable ESR values for these, nor have I heard anyone mention that this is a problem until this thread. So is this a consequence of the ever increasing frequencies being used today or what?

A long time ago in the first half of the 20th century, before computers, measuring capacitors was done with manual bridges; things that looked like this: https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=impedance+bridge&qpvt=impedance+bridge&FORM=IGRE

At that time 1 kHz was more or less a default frequency for measurement of caps.

After the second world war, there was a rapid increase in electronic technology and electrolytic capacitors became the standard item for ripple filtering in power supplies.  Since electrolytic caps were usually polarized, it was necessary to avoid applying a reverse voltage to them, but to measure them it was necessary to apply an AC voltage, and AC voltage goes negative for half the cycle; what to do?  As it happens, electrolytic caps don't mind a very small reverse voltage for a short time so the manufacturers got together and established a standard.  The standard was to apply an AC frequency similar to what the cap would see in use.  This would be double the grid frequency most of the time because of the common full wave rectifier circuits.  So the standard, still in use today, is to measure at 120 Hz (twice the 60 Hz grid frequency; 100 Hz in Europe, close enough) with an applied voltage of 1/2 volt RMS.

Since in the 1940's and 1950's when the standard was established, switching power supplies operating at frequencies above 20 kHz were almost non-existent, there was no need to know or measure ESR at those frequencies.  But, nowadays switchers are ubiquitous, and manufacturers of electrolytics intended for use in switchers specify impedance at 100 kHz.  The impedance and ESR of typical electrolytics have the same numerical value at 100 kHz, so measuring impedance is the same as measuring ESR.  This fact allows a low cost instrument to measure ESR; see the long thread I reference below for details about this.  The 100 kHz frequency is sort of in the middle range of commonly used switcher operating frequencies although megahertz switchers are looming.

So these are the reasons for 100 Hz, 120 Hz, 1 kHz and 100 kHz measurement frequencies.  But what about 10 kHz?  When the first low cost LCR meters were being designed, 100 kHz was enough harder to do than 10 kHz that 10 kHz was what you got.  It was still useful to get a better idea of capacitor parameters at switcher frequencies than just 1 kHz.  And a user might have another reason to measure at or near 10 kHz, and it's easy to include it in modern instruments.

Finally, LCR meters 20 years ago were still somewhat expensive and repair techs couldn't afford one.  But then someone noticed that at 100 kHz a typical electrolytic with capacitance of, say, 100 uF or more has a reactance much less than 1 ohm; .016 ohms for 100 uF and less for larger sizes.  Because the reactance is so low, it's common that the ESR will be greater than the reactance and so the reactance can be ignored when measuring the ESR.  At lower frequencies where the reactance is larger than the ESR, a phase sensitive detector must be used to measure ESR, and this increases the cost of the meter.  A method of using digital pulse techniques to measure ESR resulted in ESR meters costing much less than the typical LCR meter of the time.  One of the first was the "Blue ESR meter": https://anatekinstruments.com/products/fully-assembled-anatek-blue-esr-meter-besr

Many meters using this technique have been developed since then, and they are mainly useful to repair technicians (and hobbyists) to locate defective electrolytics.  Since the concept of ESR was not very useful to a repair tech when the only available meters cost many thousands of dollars, those techs were not familiar with what a good cap's ESR would be.  The availability of ESR meters that a repair tech could afford meant that somehow techs would have to know what good and bad ESR would be for various electrolytics.  Hence, tables of typical good ESR appeared: https://www.eevblog.com/forum/beginners/esr-values-for-electrolytic-caps/

People complain about these tables, rightly so, and in truth there is great variablilty in electrolytic capacitor ESR and the tables are really just useful as rough guidelines, which is better than nothing.  The best thing to do is measure the ESR of a known good sample of the electrolytic in question.

The price and capability of integrated circuits has continued to improve over the years, and now there are fully capable LCR meters available for about the same price as the pulse technique ESR meters, for example the DE5000.

I explain in detail about capacitor ESR here: https://www.eevblog.com/forum/projects/impedance-lcr-esr-meters/msg459303/#msg459303

Also have a look at this thread: https://www.eevblog.com/forum/projects/capacitor-measurements-on-an-impedance-analyzer/msg178362/#msg178362

The following users thanked this post: oPossum, fpliuzzi, Electro Fan, Swat, gorang, misa2

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
« Reply #87 on: June 16, 2018, 10:52:07 pm »
Thank you thats very informative but that still doesn't solve the problem definitively because if I have correctly understood it, to effectively test a capacitor, you need to know what type of circuit it is being used. Take the case of power supply, there are many questions that need to answered before you can be certain if the capacitor under test is suitable not just at the time of being tested but also was it suitable for the application at the time of the PSU being designed and built?

You talk about switchers coming that will operate not in 10s or 100s of KHz but in MHz which is going to cloud the issue even further, do we even have capacitors that would be suitable for such switchers?

However, my main point still remains unanswered, speaking purely as a person who is primarily interested and involved in repairing items as opposed to designing and developing some new piece of equipment that is designed at high frequencies and maybe even running into the GHz regions. That would mean dealing with more mundane frequencies from 100Hz to 100Khz for switchers.  Where are the tables that show the acceptable ESR values for capacitors used in such instances in the discussion you refer to https://www.eevblog.com/forum/beginners/esr-values-for-electrolytic-caps/ there are many tables (sources are not quoted or the frequncies tested at), some of these tables are actually printed on the various test instruments, ie, the Blue meter and the BK tester. There is in that thread much debate and disagreement on how to test and what is and what isn't acceptable, so how are repair engineers/technicians like myself supposed to get it right?

The industry really needs a table that is fit for purpose and also proper testers that don't cost an arm and a leg or need massive amount of bench/shelf space that can test these capacitors correctly for the average consumer type of products, this must be a doable thing surely?

So what advice would you give in that instance and what tester would meet that requirement and why? If I read you correctly, you seem to advocate the DE-5000 but I have read the manual for that and it is very hard to understand and it doesn't even mention what frequency to test capacitors at, it just mentions what frequencies it is capable of providing which is useless in reality to most people, especially given that capacitor failure is one of the biggest if not the biggest cause of modern equipment failing.   

Who let Murphy in?

• Super Contributor
    • NCT Developments
« Reply #88 on: June 16, 2018, 11:12:44 pm »
When it comes to electrolytic capacitors then 100kHz is more than enough. If you want to make certain a capacitor from a (failed) circuit still meets it's specs you'll need to read it's datasheet and measure to see if it meets the specs or not.

For much higher frequencies you'll see Tantalum and MLCC capacitors. These fail open or short so any DMM with capacitance measurement ability is suitable to check these for value (unless ofcourse the value falls outside the measurement range).
There are small lies, big lies and then there is what is on the screen of your oscilloscope.

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
« Reply #89 on: June 16, 2018, 11:53:46 pm »
When it comes to electrolytic capacitors then 100kHz is more than enough. If you want to make certain a capacitor from a (failed) circuit still meets it's specs you'll need to read it's datasheet and measure to see if it meets the specs or not.

For much higher frequencies you'll see Tantalum and MLCC capacitors. These fail open or short so any DMM with capacitance measurement ability is suitable to check these for value (unless ofcourse the value falls outside the measurement range).
I don't use DMM's with capacitance range, they are always miles out, these are what I currently use and the highest known frequency is 7.8KHz on the XJW01, the frequency of the other 2 is not known.

Who let Murphy in?

• Super Contributor
    • NCT Developments
« Reply #90 on: June 17, 2018, 12:06:08 am »
The VC8145 DMMs I have are spot on down to the nf range using long wires.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2018, 12:15:57 am by nctnico »

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
« Reply #91 on: June 17, 2018, 12:33:15 am »
As far as I know, mine are also pretty much spot when it comes to measuring the capacitance, but what's more important to me is the ESR values.
Who let Murphy in?

Offline SteveSi

• Contributor
« Reply #92 on: October 15, 2019, 04:17:45 pm »
Video here on how to use and what buttons do and what screen means, etc.
https://youtu.be/NgSRAg9lLYg#

Offline scopeman

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #93 on: December 28, 2020, 04:22:53 pm »
Hello,

I know that this thread is a bit old but I wanted to chime in and give you an opinion on the XJW01.
I own several LCR bridges and meters. I have the following GR units: 1650A, 1650B, 1656. I had a 1657 DigiBridge but sold it before I owned the XJW01. I have a couple of HP4260A's that I have restored and A HP4262A with the comparator option that has recently been calibrated as well as a Wayne-Kerr 4250 which is dead on and has become my favorite DigiBridge. The 4250 does 120Hz, 1KHz, 10KHz and 100KHz. The W-K is the one I use when I want the best precision and the only bench unit that has 100KHz.

I bought the XJW01 as it was very inexpensive and interesting and small. Once I got it I tore it apart and found much to my surprise that it was very well built and the soldering and parts placement was as good as any PCB assemblies I have seen as I have spent the last 40 years designing electronics for a living.

So I put the unit back together and proceeded to compare it against my W-K 4250 using the calibration resistors supplied with the XJW01. Attached is a spreadsheet that shows the results of that test.

I did also do some comparisons on various inductors and capacitors and found similar agreement between the two devices, although I did not take the time to record this I found that for all practical purposes the performance within the same selection of frequency ranges was virtually identical. I found that the indication at 7.8KHz to be virtually the same as the indication at 10KHz on my W-K. I do wish that it had 100KHz but the lack of that range does not take away from the performance or utility of the device. Maybe when I have the chance and the time I will add the capacitor and inductor test results to the spread sheet.

In short the XJW01 is a very good buy for the money. The only thing I would like to do is to find a source for the empty case that the XJW01 is built in to build a battery pack that would fit on the rear of the case. So far I have not been able to find one. If anyone knows of a source please let me know.

One further comment there is a fellow on the internet that has an instructional video on the XJW01 and he offers an English manual for 3 USD. I highly recommend that you purchase that as it explains in detail the button functions and goes through the calibration procedure (I did not alter the as received calibration in any of my testing but it is good to know that I have the correct procedure to do this if I needed to do so).

There are also extensive Chinese archives one can find on the web on the various designs of this LCR meter including code and PCB layouts but I have not been able to find this information on the latest version. If anyone finds it I would like to have this information.

All in all the XJW01 is one of the best Chinese products I have come across, definitely worth the cost of less than a meal for 6 at McDonalds!

Sam
W3OHM
W3OHM

The following users thanked this post: Jacon, precaud, Leeroy

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
« Reply #94 on: December 28, 2020, 05:05:47 pm »
Which model of the XJW01 do you have, is the one as shown in my photo further up the page or is it the silver one that has a flat format? I'm glad that you seem to concur with me that it is a very worthwhile piece of kit yet so many here seem to dismiss it entirely out of hand, instead favouring the XE5000 which costs loads more but does have the higher test frequency. For my intended purposes, the frequencies it has are more than adequate as I'm more interested in the testing of electrolytics and tants on power rails as in my experience these are the ones that cause the most problems and those are not used at higher frequencies, which is where ceramics etc take over and as such are relatively inexpensive to actually substitute to see performance increases as a result. 
Who let Murphy in?

• Super Contributor
    • NCT Developments
« Reply #95 on: December 28, 2020, 05:48:36 pm »
I'm glad that you seem to concur with me that it is a very worthwhile piece of kit yet so many here seem to dismiss it entirely out of hand,
I agree. I still have & use the XJW01 from the first post of this thread.

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
« Reply #96 on: December 28, 2020, 05:58:58 pm »
I'm glad that you seem to concur with me that it is a very worthwhile piece of kit yet so many here seem to dismiss it entirely out of hand,
I agree. I still have & use the XJW01 from the first post of this thread.
That’s the same one I have. I don’t for sure but I suspect that a lot of people may reject it out of hand because it has that hand made look about the case, in particular with area around the screen which is the result of trying to use a standard case instead of developing a dedicated one. The new version gets round that issue but I think it’s form factor then becomes an issue to many, whereas the DE5000 looks like a multimeter and as a result is more acceptable aesthetically.
Who let Murphy in?

Offline indman

• Super Contributor
« Reply #97 on: December 28, 2020, 06:41:50 pm »
I made a fiberglass case for my device with my own hands, I took the stand from an old multimeter. I really didn't like the color of the original buttons - the bright color hurts the eyes, so I picked up a calm gray palette. I also have a DE-5000, but I like the XJW01 more for ease of use and for displaying the results..  ;)

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
« Reply #98 on: December 28, 2020, 06:57:59 pm »
I made a fiberglass case for my device with my own hands, I took the stand from an old multimeter. I really didn't like the color of the original buttons - the bright color hurts the eyes, so I picked up a calm gray palette. I also have a DE-5000, but I like the XJW01 more for ease of use and for displaying the results..  ;)
That looks rather good, well done. I think it would be better if they had also included the push-in terminals like the DE-5000 so you didn't need to have those leads laying across the bench.
Who let Murphy in?

Offline ResistorRob

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #99 on: December 28, 2020, 06:59:12 pm »
I was looking at picking up the Hantek LCR meter. Both have 0.3% accuracy. The Hantek has a lot of frequency ranges up to 100K, so is there any advantage to buying this instead? To be honest I don't need anything super accurate, because I will just be testing old stock to make sure they are good before using them and to check caps in old equipment. My budget is up to $200, but prefer to keep under 150 if possible, so open to all LCR meters suggestions.
For my 10th Birthday I got a Fisher Price oscilloscope!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf