Author Topic: Any experience with the iTherml products  (Read 3829 times)

Offline polarTopic starter

• Contributor
Any experience with the iTherml products
« on: July 20, 2023, 11:21:23 am »
Hello all

Does anybody have any experience with the company iTherml and their products? The website looks ok and apart from some minor mistakes also the data sheets the (pre-sales) support sent me. They are quite responsive. But I cannot find any reviews of their products, also in this forum nobody seems to have ever mentioned them. We plan to order one of their cameras and I thought it couldn't hurt to ask here before spending 2k eur.

Philippe
« Last Edit: July 21, 2023, 02:07:58 pm by polar »

Offline mahyarJbr

• mme-ae
Re: Any experience with the iTherml products
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2023, 07:32:31 am »
Before you drop 2k EUR on one of their cameras, it might be worth checking out some other options that folks have given a thumbs-up. You know, just to play it safe and all that. Here are a couple of brands to consider:
  • FLIR Systems
  • Seek Thermal
  • Testo
  • Fluke

Offline Nimravus

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2023, 06:24:05 pm »
Hello Philippe.
Wanted to ask if you have a Manual or Pinouts for the iTherml SmartCor cameras? I have one, but the guys from the company didn't want to share the manual, they found out that I bought it on ebay

Offline Amper

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2023, 09:09:16 am »
Hi! That seems to be the issue with them in general, i bought one, two friends of mine did as well, all on ebay. One of us asked and told about ebay, no manuals, asked for my employer and acted like i considered buying a bunch of them, they plainly replied "the camera wont work for this" and never answered again.

Is anyone lucky getting manuals? Im really inetrested in the com protocoll for settings, i made a pcb as breakout with supply and a place to put an STM, video works but i cant do much more with it for now...

Offline polarTopic starter

• Contributor
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2024, 01:41:40 am »
Hi

Sorry, for the late answer, was not visiting here for some time. 

Before you drop 2k EUR on one of their cameras, it might be worth checking out some other options that folks have given a thumbs-up. You know, just to play it safe and all that. Here are a couple of brands to consider:
  • FLIR Systems
  • Seek Thermal
  • Testo
  • Fluke
Some of the brands are not offering what we were looking for. We also use FLIR and Fluke, but apart from being quite pricey, the export restrictions add a lot of unnecessary paperwork.

Wanted to ask if you have a Manual or Pinouts for the iTherml SmartCor cameras? I have one, but the guys from the company didn't want to share the manual, they found out that I bought it on ebay

The pinout will depend on the "expansion board"-version you have. In general, there are 20 and 50 Pin versions. They also have USB out and stuff like this.

Hi! That seems to be the issue with them in general, i bought one, two friends of mine did as well, all on ebay. One of us asked and told about ebay, no manuals, asked for my employer and acted like i considered buying a bunch of them, they plainly replied "the camera wont work for this" and never answered again.
Is anyone lucky getting manuals? Im really inetrested in the com protocoll for settings, i made a pcb as breakout with supply and a place to put an STM, video works but i cant do much more with it for now...

I use a teensy to communicate with the camera, mostly for OSD stuff, works reliably.

As I said, the pre-sales support was really good. So we went for it. They also provided for free additional cables we asked for. Packaging was good, leadtime 2 weeks. Extensive documentation with some minor errors in the rs232 commands. Up till now, the camera performs very well. It is a shutterless version (long story why we preferred shutterless, drawback is that the specified (and presumably the real :))  NETD is a little higher. One thing I did not like (and also reported this back), either the thread in the camera or the one of the lens they supplied is out of tolerance. there is too much freeplay in axial direction, which makes focusing a little combersome. But the lens positon can then be fixed with screws, so after the focus is set, there is oproblem. Otherwise we are really happy and if the camera performs well under the harsh conditions we are putting it throughin the next weeks, we will order more.

« Last Edit: January 07, 2024, 01:57:57 am by polar »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf