Author Topic: any one wants to test infiray P2 pro? 9 gram thermal camera with macro lens.  (Read 6215 times)

Offline Deku Tree

• Contributor
Re: any one wants to test infiray P2 pro? 9 gram thermal camera with macro lens.
« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2022, 06:44:54 pm »
I would give it a shot
« Last Edit: September 27, 2022, 06:50:27 pm by Deku Tree »

Offline Rambo SonnyTopic starter

• Contributor
  • !
Re: any one wants to test infiray P2 pro? 9 gram thermal camera with macro lens.
« Reply #26 on: September 28, 2022, 12:29:41 am »
thanks

Offline Bill W

• Super Contributor
    • Fire TICS
« Reply #27 on: September 28, 2022, 10:36:05 am »
I really like this product, tell me how I can get her ;D

Do Infiray not provide them free to sales staff ?

The following users thanked this post: Rambo Sonny

Offline CleanUnbox

• !
« Reply #28 on: September 28, 2022, 03:16:12 pm »
Nice :P

Offline pansku

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #29 on: September 28, 2022, 06:49:53 pm »
I could give it a spin against a T620. That's the closest focusing camera I have at work for PCBA failure analysis

Offline mikeselectricstuff

• Super Contributor
    • Mike's Electric Stuff
« Reply #30 on: September 28, 2022, 08:35:14 pm »
Wow it's soooo tiny..!
Youtube channel:Taking wierd stuff apart. Very apart.
Mike's Electric Stuff: High voltage, vintage electronics etc.
Day Job: Mostly LEDs

Offline Fraser

• Super Contributor
« Reply #31 on: September 28, 2022, 08:42:36 pm »
Mike,

It sure is.... it contains the diminutive "tiny1-x" core !  ;D

No longer are we limited to <9fps/<15fps miniature imaging cores  :-+

I am very much looking forward to testing one of these neat little P2 cameras.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2022, 09:09:29 pm by Fraser »
If I have helped you please consider a donation : https://gofund.me/c86b0a2c

Offline thermalengineer

• Contributor
  • !
« Reply #32 on: September 29, 2022, 02:07:49 am »
Previously I try to contact them to buy this tiny 1 module, but no response. Maybe these kinds of manufacturers are unlikely to respond to requests for small quantities of the modules or detectors.

• Contributor
  • !
« Reply #33 on: September 29, 2022, 03:38:48 am »
that would be a great review

Offline thermalengineer

• Contributor
  • !
« Reply #34 on: September 30, 2022, 03:22:30 am »
hey sonny,
When you announce the tester list?

Offline Fraser

• Super Contributor
For those interested,  I have created an Infiray P2 / P2 PRO camera discussion thread here…….

https://www.eevblog.com/forum/thermal-imaging/infiray-and-their-p2-pro-discussion/

Fraser

Offline Gareth79

• Contributor
Am interested! I was looking at a USB unit, I currently have a few older ex-fire service Argus 3 thermal imagers, but they are kinda heavy to carry around :D

Offline Alinas

wow, thats really good! Actually I am just move to the thermal world and wanna have a try!

Offline Fraser

• Super Contributor
OP’s post states that they will select the reviewers after 15 October.

Patience young Grasshopper, Patience  ;D

• Contributor
  • !
hahaha :)

• Contributor
  • !
fantastic

• Contributor
  • !
Hi, will be on OCT 15

Online gabiz_ro

• Regular Contributor
Hope gods of fortune will make me a birthday present

Offline Fraser

• Super Contributor
I have a P2 Pro arriving direct from Infiray today  :-+ I am very much looking forward to testing this diminutive thermal camera. I see it being very useful in many roles and with the addition of some 3D printed accessories it will be very versatile. My experiences with the FLIR One G2/G3 and Seek Thermal dongle cameras were so poor that I did not want to invest time creating holders, brackets and alternative deployments….. I have a feeling that the P2 Pro will be a much more positive user experience. We should not forget that Infiray also offer the T2L and its sister camera products. Those look excellent as well and offer manual focus. I may have to save up to buy one of those !

I have already purchased two used, modern, mobile phones (Samsung Galaxy A8 and S9) on which to test and review the camera. I also purchased a number of different USB type C adapters and cables to enable use of the P2 Pro with various host computer systems  :-+ In my review I shall be looking at the cameras performance, ergonomics and potential uses. I hope that it will be of interest to this forum  :)

Fraser

« Last Edit: October 11, 2022, 11:59:00 am by Fraser »

Offline Fraser

• Super Contributor
Mr DHL courier has just visited my home  :)

Look what he brought to me

Thank you Yantai IRAY Technology Co. Ltd  :-+

This P2 Pro is truly tiny for a Dongle thermal camera. I already love its physical design. I placed a CR2032 Lithium Cell next to it to provide a size reference. This think is truly Dinky  :) The Macro lens comes in a separate box and is equally well made. The lens element it not some cheap ZnSe close focus lens. It appears to be either a thick IR transmissive Chalcogenide Glass Meniscus lens or possibly even a Doublet.

Detailed review to follow over the coming days

Fraser   
« Last Edit: October 11, 2022, 02:55:24 pm by Fraser »

Offline basecase

• Regular Contributor
I want a try.

HVAC at my work has been wack for months, so it'd be interesting to see how the P2 compared to the Seek compact pro in determining how screwed up it is.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2022, 06:16:01 am by basecase »

Offline CyberCartel

• Contributor
Thanks! I'm happy to test your your Infiray P2 Pro  :) ;) :D 8) ::)

• Contributor
  • !
looking for the excited momnet ;D

Offline Fraser

• Super Contributor
For those wishing to review the P2 Pro, please be aware that you need a reasonably modern phone that has a Type C USB socket and Android 9(Pie).

Whilst it is possible to use the P2 Pro on older Android versions and older phones running earlier operating systems, the frame rate may decrease. This is not a fault in the Infiray product. Phones that have a Micro USB socket may work with the P2 Pro if appropriate Micro USB (M) to Type C (F) adapters/cables are used. Mike has managed to get the camera running on a Circa 2016 Samsung Galaxy J5 running Android 6….. but the frame rate was reduced.

I purchased reasonably modern (2018) Samsung Galaxy A8 and S9+ Phones (both used units) for my testing so as to be fair to the camera under test. The P2 Pro has a specified minimum Android version of 9(Pie) but I have not seen a minimum phone hardware specification for it to provide maximum frame rate.

I mention all this because a review of a product should use the manufacturers recommended minimum hardware and software in order to be fair to the product and manufacturer. Please consider this if you are selected to test a P2 Pro. Used mobile phones can be very reasonably priced, or at least they are in the UK. Look for one with a SIM or Network fault as that will still work fine with the P2Pro camera and Wi-Fi likely still works. Such faulty phones sell for parts donor prices.

For those wondering, I have not found a Windows software that is intended to work with the P2 Pro yet. Such would be useful for PCB analysis tasks where a larger display size is helpful. I loaded the BlueStacks 5 Android Emulator PC software last night and will see if it will work correctly with the P2 Pro App. It certainly runs the App OK but I need to adapt the P2 Pro Type C connector to a standard USB Type A. Hopefully I can test it today.

Fraser
« Last Edit: October 14, 2022, 11:21:53 am by Fraser »

Offline EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
This thread was started by and infested with astroturfed accounts of the manufacturer, so it's being locked.

The following users thanked this post: sokoloff, Bill W, Weston, cejoba

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf