Author Topic: Fotric Thermal Imagers  (Read 2266 times)

Offline MarcusGTopic starter

Fotric Thermal Imagers
« on: December 17, 2021, 04:00:49 am »
Hi all,

Does anyone have any experience with Fotric thermal imagers? The only posts on here seem to be from an old posted spruiking product for them so they're hardly impartial. There's also some Youtube clips from resellers that seem to look alright, but again I'm not sure how objective they are, eg:

I've been considering one of their industrial imagers (348A) as an off the shelf setup to avoid hassles with setting up something from a thermal core to save time/expensive mistakes. It also offers autofocus which would be mighty handy for some imaging work! Usage would be primarily engineering inspections and 'thermal photography'.

Cheers,
Marcus
« Last Edit: December 17, 2021, 04:58:07 am by MarcusG »

Offline Spirit532

• Frequent Contributor
    • My website
Re: Fotric Thermal Imagers
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2021, 04:19:54 pm »
They're just lower quality clones of FLIR devices, probably with Chinese sensors.
If you don't want to pay the FLIR premium, go for it, but don't expect any longevity in terms of support or software.

Offline ixfd64

• Frequent Contributor
    • Facebook
Re: Fotric Thermal Imagers
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2022, 06:58:53 pm »
I've been wondering about these cameras too. Although they look very good on paper, there are barely any reviews about them. I've only found two video reviews so far, but there's no guarantee of impartiality because both reviewers seem to be distributors. I certainly can't expect anyone to give a bad review to a product they're trying to sell.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2022, 07:13:19 pm by ixfd64 »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf