Products > Thermal Imaging

Are InfiRay's cameras any good?

(1/8) > >>

Ben321:
I know I've seen some on Ali Express and even Digikey, and the cameras' specs look good on the official InfiRay website, but their website lists no prices (and Digikey, a company I trust, doesn't sell every model of InfiRay camera, I can only find the Digikey prices for some of their cameras, not all of them), and the other sites don't show specs (including Digikey, and even on other sites selling these that include specs there's no guarenty that they are even the same specs from site to site, even those selling the same camera, as this seems to be a Chinese company, and Chinese products often have specs all over the place, depending on which site you read, even for the same model). So I wonder if anybody here has any actual EXPERIENCE using an InfiRay camera, and how good its actual performance is, how much it cost, where you bought it, and whether the specs on the the official website actually match its actual specs. Some pics and video from your unit would be nice, to show its actual performance (some Chinese companies will use pictures captured with higher end equipment, to try to represent the capabilities of the cheaper equipment they are selling).

InfiRay's official website is https://www.infiray.com/

svgurus:
Infiray is best microbolometer manufacturer from China, afaik, and has many thermal imagers. Which particular models are you interested in? I have HTI 301 which 90% has 17m 384*288 Infiray sensor like in xtherm t3s, photos and specs are fine for that price. Some American companies also use pictures from more expensive tools made not by them, Seek Thermal for example :D

Ben321:

--- Quote from: svgurus on July 04, 2021, 09:02:29 pm ---Infiray is best microbolometer manufacturer from China, afaik, and has many thermal imagers. Which particular models are you interested in? I have HTI 301 which 90% has 17m 384*288 Infiray sensor like in xtherm t3s, photos and specs are fine for that price. Some American companies also use pictures from more expensive tools made not by them, Seek Thermal for example :D

--- End quote ---

I was curious about the actual InfiRay thermal cellphone cams, not other company's cellphone cams that happen to use InfiRay's VOx arrays. Here's the webpage for InfiRay's own thermal cellphone cams https://www.infiray.com/T2thermalcamera.html
They also make standalone thermal cams. I am not really curious about HTI's cams, as theirs do appear to be slightly more expensive for the same capabilities, compared to InfiRay's own thermal cams (even if HTI does use the same VOx arrays). Image quality also depends on signal amplifier and other components outside the VOx array, and these are very likely different between HTI and InfiRay. The slightly lower prices for InfiRay make me consider buying theirs. However, I would like to know the quality of the images taken with InfiRay thermal cams. I'm quite frankly not interested in the quality of images taken with HTI thermal cams.

Unless you have personal experience with the quality of the images captured by InfiRay's own cameras, so that you will be able to fulfill my request for this information, your post is not related to the information I'm actually requesting. Your response regarding HTI's image quality is off topic, because I am at this point only considering buying an InifiRay thermal camera, due to its slightly lower price (for me, price is the biggest factor, but if the image quality is completely crappy, I won't buy it even if it is cheap). That's why I would like to hear from anybody on this forum, who's actually used an InfiRay thermal camera. I would like to hear from such a person, what their assessment of the image quality of the device is.

Ben321:
Anybody here have any experience with InfiRay brand thermal imaging cameras? Are they any good?

Ben321:
I'm actually surprised that NOBODY here has tried a genuine InfiRay camera. Only 3 other responses, and only ONE of them is from someone other than myself, the poster of the thread. I thought that among the THOUSANDS of people here, nearly every thermal camera manufacturer has at least ONE camera in the hands of at least one person here. Yet nobody seems to have an InfiRay brand camera? What's up with that. This thread has over THREE HUNDRED views, but only 3 replies (before this one), and of those 3 replies, only one was posted by someone other than myself. And that wasn't even a helpful post, because it was from somebody who used a camera that contained an InfiRay sensor, but itself was not made by InfiRay. Instead it was made by HTI, which of course use completely different electronics surrounding the LWIR sensor, thus invalidating that person's post as any kind of helpful post. With any camera, the image sensor is only half of what determines the camera's quality. The other half of the quality is in the support electronics such as amplifier and analog to digital converter (and not just the ICs, but also the surrounding analog components like capacitors and resistors, and them being the correct value components for best quality image).

So as of now, I still have no answer to the question that this post is trying to answer. And that question is simply HOW GOOD IS THE QUALITY OF THE INFIRAY THERMAL CAMERAS? Seriously, has like NOBODY who posts on these forums actually use InfiRay an InfiRay thermal camera? Is that why nobody has actually posted a review of its quality? Seriously, if nobody here has, you SHOULD HAVE. I need somebody out there I can depend on to review equipment that I might consider buying in the future.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version