Products > Thermal Imaging

DYTSpectrumOwl CA-20 Motorized PCBA Thermal Analyzer on Kickstarter

(1/2) > >>

Dianyang:
Hi All,

Now we are on Kickstarter to crowdfunding our new CA-20 electronical version, there is a big discount, if you are interested with that, please click below link to check,

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/347474009/dytspectrumowl-desktop-circuit-board-thermal-analyzer?ref=5zf0le&token=ea9e5dea

Thanks!

laseralex:
At minimum focus distance, what resolution does your camera offer?

Can you compare your device to the FLIR ETS320 and the Teslong TCP1000?

Nice work on the Kickstarter!

Dianyang:

--- Quote from: laseralex on January 14, 2022, 08:10:24 am ---At minimum focus distance, what resolution does your camera offer?

Can you compare your device to the FLIR ETS320 and the Teslong TCP1000?

Nice work on the Kickstarter!

--- End quote ---

Our product resolution is 260x200, here is the first version CA-10 evaluation by Mr. Fraser,

https://www.eevblog.com/forum/thermal-imaging/review-dianyang-technology-ca10-circuit-board-thermal-analyzer-repair-rd/

The CA-20 has a better features,

You may also check our new software UI via Youtube videos, both support Windows and Android,

https://youtu.be/xbQt13tXJUU

Thanks!

Fraser:
I am pleased to see DYT releasing another PCBA thermal analysis camera  :-+

This Kickstarter campaign deserves to do very well as DYT already have an excellent product in the CA10 so have shown that they are a company that ‘delivers the goods’ unlike some kickstarter campaigns of the past. The CA20 uses a different support system to the CA10 but remains very versatile. The motorised support system for the camera head is a novel enhancement to the CA10 design.

With regard to the actual thermal camera head, it is the same excellent design and build quality, as I also found in the CA10 system. The camera head contains an imaging core from a much respected manufacturer and this is capable of excellent thermal imaging at a frame rate up to 25fps. For those wondering, no it is not a Seek Thermal Core in this camera ;)

The ability to remove the camera head from its motorised base and attach it to a different mounting system increases the versatility of the CA20. I purchased articulated arms and various tripods on which to mount my CA10 camera head as may be seen in my review referenced by Dianyang above. The camera is manual focus so not limited to just close-up imaging and does not suffer from the limitations of fixed focus systems. I have found the CA10 to be an invaluable tool in my electronics repair and diagnostics work as it is simple ‘the right tool for the job’  :-+ The CA20 is a new addition to the DYT range that offers the motorised mount plus the ability to use the new SpectrumOwl V2 analysis software that will continue to evolve as features are added. Users of the CA10 are not able to use SpectrumOwl V2 so the CA20 offers more to the R&D engineer, as well as still being a great repair diagnostics tool.

I shall be writing of my experiences with SpectrumOwl V2 soon so watch out for that on this forum.

I wish DYT all the best with their Kickstarter campaign as they deserve recognition for the excellent development work that they have done, and continue to do going forwards  :-+

Fraser

Fraser:
To add to my comments above. The CA20 camera will produce the same very nice image quality as the CA10 that I reviewed as it uses the same imaging core and lens system. The CA20 imaging core has an enhanced temperature measurement range however (-10C to +450C).

Minimum focus distance is stated as 20mm and I found this to be accurate in my testing of the camera. As will be seen in my review of the CA10, imaging of modern tiny SMD components was easily achieved with the CA10 and will be no different for the CA20. I am looking at attaching a reversed lens assembly to the front of my CA10 to create a true thermal microscope but that is a story for another day and another thread :)

Fraser

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version