Author Topic: ebay Argus4 critique  (Read 1026 times)

Offline Bill WTopic starter

• Super Contributor
    • Fire TICS
ebay Argus4 critique
« on: June 08, 2021, 09:55:32 pm »
Hi sorry so is this t4325zs not okay to put outside then?
I figured as its a "cctv" camera it would be.

Do you know what cores are in the argus's and if these are capable of the same or better distances?! 
There is an argus 4 on ebay at the moment  and seller has sent an offer.

The article is here:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/265028412144

In detail I notice that:

There is no main PCB inside - where did it go ?

It is not an 'Argus4 320' but a 160.  A P7050, as per the serial number label, uses a 160x120 sensor and matches the lens.  It is also the remains of a 30Hz camera, slightly surprised as I was expecting it to be 9Hz, but rather academic without the main PCB.

Rubber parts are a bit toasted, but camera looks clean.  Maybe had a VERY good wash ?

The lens is exposed, so no germanium window or seal.

It has got a 'video out' LCD PCB in it.

It looks like something out of the scrap / repair shop, but I do not think anywhere in India was doing repairs.
To be honest at that price I'd build you one.

Bill

The following users thanked this post: Happyhalf

Offline Fraser

• Super Contributor
Re: ebay Argus4 critique
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2021, 10:21:49 pm »
Bill,

I saw that camera and thought it might be useful for spares. I made a sensible offer on it with an explanation that mirrors your description, above. The seller was clearly not interested as the counteroffer can back $10 lower than original asking price. As you say, it is an oddball unit.

Fraser
If I have helped you please consider a donation : https://gofund.me/c86b0a2c

The following users thanked this post: Happyhalf

Offline Happyhalf

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2021, 12:57:33 am »
Thats interesting fraser, and thank you Bill for the heads up i had not realised it had missing parts.

I had an offer from this seller for £350 after it had sat in my basket for a few days which is why i mentioned it. I also got offers for the other thermal cameras they are selling after doing the same. Seems odd you only got a £10 discount offered.

Offline Bill WTopic starter

• Super Contributor
    • Fire TICS
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2021, 11:01:02 am »
A bit more research suggests this was a failed unit left on board a ship that went to be scrapped in India.  The ebayer just gets 'interesting stuff' from his contacts in the ship-breakers and sees what he can get.

As such, and given how long some items like the P4428 and video receiver have been up there, you'd think he'd take offers more readily.

Bill

Offline Fraser

• Super Contributor
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2021, 12:56:30 pm »
I agree, I was surprised at his lack of interest in my offer. I have seen many ‘ex shipyard’ bits of kit from this seller. Likely costs nothing but the seller prices high in the hope of making a big ‘score’ on an item that is rare or in demand. Good luck to them but I consider that seller relatively high risk to deal with so no longer take an interest in their auctions.
If I have helped you please consider a donation : https://gofund.me/c86b0a2c

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf