Author Topic: Ever had the "Seek CompactPRO FF" lock up while in use?  (Read 1123 times)

Offline Ben321Topic starter

• Frequent Contributor
Ever had the "Seek CompactPRO FF" lock up while in use?
« on: July 17, 2018, 07:04:48 am »
I have. It sometimes seems to happen shortly after I change a palette or image mode. However, other times it happens when I'm just viewing the image looking around at stuff, and not changing any settings. At first I thought it had to do with motion maybe wiggling the USB connection lose for a moment, but it's also happened when I'm holding it perfectly still. The app itself doesn't lock up. I can still navigate the menus, but the camera stops sending video, so the last frame sent to the camera remains displayed indefinitely. This can be fixed by unplugging, and then plugging back in the Seek Thermal camera. Note, this is happening on my phone with the official app, not the result of me using it on a PC with 3rd party software.

Anybody else have this issue? And if so, has anybody figured out the cause of this bug yet?
« Last Edit: July 17, 2018, 07:06:59 am by Ben321 »

Offline Spirit532

• Frequent Contributor
    • My website
Re: Ever had the "Seek CompactPRO FF" lock up while in use?
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2018, 05:39:36 pm »
Does it try to actuate the shutter when it locks up? It could be that your phone can't provide enough power at times. The Seek cameras are very picky about clean and stable power.

Offline Ben321Topic starter

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Ever had the "Seek CompactPRO FF" lock up while in use?
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2018, 03:22:35 am »
Does it try to actuate the shutter when it locks up? It could be that your phone can't provide enough power at times. The Seek cameras are very picky about clean and stable power.
I'm not sure, but I believe so. I remember that it usually sounds like a partial shutter activation. When the shutter works normally, it sounds like "click click". When it locks up, it sounds like "click". If the app worked correctly, it would simply send a reset command to the device. Also, do all phones provide the same power stability (part of USB standard)? Or do different phones provide more stable power during high current events (like the solenoid activating to move the shutter)? I wonder if I put a micro-USB extension cable on it, modified with a 1000uF capacitor across the the power rails of the USB cable, if that would do the trick of providing more constant power? A 1000uF capacitor would be able to provide a burst of higher current during shutter activation, I think.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf