Author Topic: FLIR Battery 3D Model (T197752) for Exx/E40/E50/E60  (Read 2065 times)

Offline kexerthTopic starter

FLIR Battery 3D Model (T197752) for Exx/E40/E50/E60
« on: October 05, 2023, 08:46:20 pm »
I made a 3D model of the case for a FLIR T197752 battery using external dimensions of my current battery (FLIR makes other part numbers of this battery in the same form factor as well). It uses the connector tisher found (thread).
I made a few versions, one for OEM style PCB and one that can accommodate the above style PCM (battery protection board) & NTC.

Due to the small dimensions on the top near the connector, a high resolution SLA type printer would be best (the higher versions below may not print/fit right using a standard FDM printer due to internal structure & tolerances)

It's created with SketchUp Make 2017 and converted to stl, licensed GNU. I don't currently have a 3D printer, so if anyone tries it, let me know if anything needs to be adjusted, or you can adjust it yourself and post it here or to Thingiverse, either way.

There are 4 versions:
  • v0 - Just the outer shell, maximum internal space, nothing to hold the connector in place except glue to mating faces.
  • v1 - v0 with connector supports on side & back (but not bottom). This version is for use if cutting an OEM battery apart to salvage the PCB to use with new cells. I haven't dismantled my OEM battery, so there aren't any holders to keep the PCB in place since I don't have measurements of it. If not using a top style PCM and intend to use with a top insertion style charger (like Uho's, there's a version here too), use v2 or glue connector in so it doesn't move.
  • v2 - v1 with additional bottom support for connector. This version is for use with non-OEM style PCM (stick rather than top style), building a battery pack from scratch. Halves have to be assembled with connector in place, top style PCM may not fit.
  • v3 - v2 with additional internal supports for use with battery spring plates. This is an experimental version with the intent of creating a shell where the bottom can swing open to the side to hold interchangeable 18650 / 18600 / 18550 / 18500 cells. Designed for 16mm 18650 spring plates, they need to have their corners clipped to fit and may need the spring plate springs clipped shorter for larger cells. Additionally, if not using an external PCM, 18650 protected cells may not fit due to length but shorter protected ones may. There are also internal raceways to accommodate wires for NTC & PCM. If using two cells, they need to be make/model/age & charge level matched since they are in parallel, otherwise it's possible to wire only a single cell for half the battery life and use the second slot as storage, to be swapped when the one runs out of juice.
Here's the information about the OEM battery from my camera:
  • Part: T197752 (Note: FLIR uses other part numbers for other versions of this battery with different capacities in the same form factor)
  • Li-ion 3.7V 4.4Ah 17Wh
  • Contains: 2x 18650 in parallel with protection circuit module (PCM/PCB)
  • Connector: Blade battery connector, "3-pin (2+1)" (sourced from forum link above)
Connections: (see tisher's post or second post here )
  • Single pin side of key: Battery Positive (1S 2P, 3.6v - 3.7v)
  • Double pin side of key, closest to center: 10kΩ NTC with other pin connected to Ground (unknown B-value)
  • Double pin side of key, closest to outside: Ground
« Last Edit: October 05, 2023, 10:55:27 pm by kexerth »

The following users thanked this post: Fraser, Uho, nikitasius

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf