Author Topic: FLIR Boson 320 or Therm-App Hz  (Read 6288 times)

Offline TooQikTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Re: FLIR Boson 320 or Therm-App Hz
« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2019, 12:28:56 am »
Warm down test images with no calibration done at any stage.

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #26 on: March 31, 2019, 12:33:26 am »
Here's some more warm up images which I've converted from CSV to PNG using Frenky's ThexConverterGUI application - big thanks to you Frenky for providing this along with the source code (I made a quick modification to suit the M1 resolution).

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #27 on: March 31, 2019, 01:15:57 am »
I've noticed there's a lot of horizontal banding when I view the live stream and I obviously see this when I capture video. I've attached a gif showing the banding which I captured with the lens cover on.

Is anyone able to comment on whether this is normal please?

Offline Vipitis

• Frequent Contributor
  • aspiring thermal photography enthusiast
« Reply #28 on: March 31, 2019, 04:53:53 am »
I wanted to ask about video performance. You got the 30hz version, right? Are you able to record at 30hz with your phone or attached to a computer?

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #29 on: March 31, 2019, 08:07:41 am »
Hi Vipitis,

Yes, the M1 I have is the 30Hz version.

I've tried video capture on both a Samsung Galaxy Tab A and my PC, which is a Ryzen 7 1700. On the PC it captures the full 30 fps without an issue. On the Galaxy the captures that I've done have only reached just over 9 fps, so the host processor seems to have a great deal to do with the capture rate.

Once I work out where to post some videos I'll put a link up here. I tried attaching a video previously for my banding question, only to find out that there aren't any supported video formats that are postable, hence the gif.

Offline guazan

• Contributor
« Reply #30 on: March 31, 2019, 08:44:54 am »
good TooQik the camera you bought on your official page? if it were that you had to tell the seller to tell him that you wanted the 30hz version. Or is it because the model TE-M1 USB C? and another question that the price of 30hz has, thanks for your help.

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #31 on: March 31, 2019, 11:34:16 am »
Hi guazan,

I bought my camera from the Thermal Expert European distributor. I simple sent them an email asking for pricing on the particular model I wanted with the specific options ie. TE-M1 with 6.8mm lens, 30Hz version and USB-C connector.

I also bought the accessory kit, so all up to cost me approximately $775 AUD landed in Australia.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf