Author Topic: Flir C5 or HTI HT-A2 ?  (Read 2993 times)

Offline jemangedeslolosTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
Flir C5 or HTI HT-A2 ?
« on: August 01, 2020, 07:23:36 am »
Hello,

Im looking for my first thermal camera.
This is mainly to observe the impact of cooling solution on PCB ( layout, heatsink, thermal pad etc etc ), and the temperature evolution over time, or to check connections quality on the power connectors.

I find that the smartphone form factor is not bad for myself but I don't want thermal camera on USB-C for Android for some reasons.
I could use the camera on a telephone support or a tripod so the Flir C5 seems to be good.
I dont know if It is going to be far superior to the C2 for what I want to do....and finally there is the HTI HT-A2 which has much better resolution but I can't find much information on those two.

I just could see that the HTI might have been a bit noisy sensor and I have often seen people changing the optics to focus more closely.

Do you have an opinion on these two models or others which could be suitable?

Thank you  :)

Offline Vipitis

• Frequent Contributor
  • aspiring thermal photography enthusiast
Re: Flir C5 or HTI HT-A2 ?
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2020, 10:19:24 am »
Is essentially Lepton 3.5 vs Seek QVGA at heart. You can add a lens for closeup on both.

And I would always like to remind everyone that the C5 is obsolete as the CAT S62 has better specs for the same price.... And is a fully fledged phone compared to just a gadget.

It will be a question of features, and the FLIR will give you radiometric images that you can use in the various software tools, where for Seek based products this has been a little difficult at times.

Offline radioorizont

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2021, 02:10:52 pm »
I know it's a bit late for your question but might help others.
I have an HTI-A2 and also own a few FLIR and Hikkvision thermal cameras.
The Hikvision DS-2TD2136 is a cctv module which i used with the built in adjustable focus lens (if you open it up) as an electronics camera, an absolute beast at 50Hz refresh rate 384*288 resolution and very good sensitivity, never seen anything like that, but anyways...
The HTI-A2 is basically a Seek Pro core, so pretty noisy and thermal sensitivity isn't great
Also it only saves JPEG , not radiometric JPEG, just standard jpeg as a full screenshot where you also see the battery level, emmisivity, everything that was on screen when the image was taken.
Now for the painful part: HTI don't EVER reply to your emails after you bought the product, EVER.
I left a 1 star review for their product/service and that was never added to their official reviews page on their site, pretty crooked if you ask me, i did that twice, "thanks for your review" message, days and weeks later no review was published.
Don't ever think about customer support or firmware upgrades for their products.
You buy cheap because it is cheap as an overall experience !

Offline ixfd64

• Frequent Contributor
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2021, 01:45:36 am »
I don't have any thermal cameras, but my impression is that FLIR seems to have better image quality.

Now for the painful part: HTI don't EVER reply to your emails after you bought the product, EVER.
I left a 1 star review for their product/service and that was never added to their official reviews page on their site, pretty crooked if you ask me, i did that twice, "thanks for your review" message, days and weeks later no review was published.

You should post a review on Amazon: https://amazon.com/Resolution-Pocket-Sized-Temperature-Measurement-Hti-Xintai/dp/B07M5CQ44L

Offline biot

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2021, 09:59:02 pm »

A little off-topic,  but this bothers me a great deal.

I've seen the exact same thing with many other Chinese stores. Simply put, heavy-handed censorship, applied by the government to all parts of life in China, is now so ubiquitous that it's become part of the culture. Companies think nothing of censoring out bad reviews, it's completely normal.

If you ever come across milder forms of censorship in the West -- self-censorship by journalists, removal of intra-company messaging or mails, ISPs being forced by your government to block a list of websites -- this is why you have to react to it with all you have: it destroys a part of society, and replaces it with instinctive dishonesty.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf