Author Topic: flir e30bx calibration files  (Read 1745 times)

Offline cuda12Topic starter

• Regular Contributor
flir e30bx calibration files
« on: December 04, 2018, 11:53:09 pm »
I have a e30bx that I have enjoyed at e60 specs for a long time now but the other day I was trying to use the service menu in windows 10, I have been using the service menu by hooking to an old laptop running XP as it was just easier. Anyway my problem is that I played and pushed too many buttons once I got it working and now I have lost my second factory calibration the 0-650 calibration for the stock lens. I do not have a blackbody for calibration and had started the calibration process, now under the 650 case it shows pending. I am thinking I should go through the process and then choose not to use it to get back to my factory calibration but am scared I might make it worse. I have looked for the original calibration but do not see it, if someone knew the exact path and file name that would be great, if someone knew the procedure to remove the pending operation correctly that would be great as well. Any advice would help thanks.

Online Fraser

• Super Contributor
Re: flir e30bx calibration files
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2018, 12:15:27 am »
Hi,

Sorry to hear of your problem.

In your position I would first try installing your backup that you created before upgrading the camera. That will not do any harm. The best act file location is unimportant as you are replacing all that were backed up.
The presence of a valid calibration file set may well remove the 'pending' status. You will need to upgrade the camera again but that is relatively simple as you know.

If the pending status remains, you could try going through the calibration routine but without a Black body or object at the expected temperature, I am uncertain what the calibration routine will make of the situation. It may even abort or offer you the option to abort.

Remember, your original file backup is only valid if you are on the same firmware as when you did the backup. That is to say, if you did a back-up and then updated the firmware, then some files will be different now so the installation of the backup would be a bad idea. The original backup is your best insurance policy though :) If you use that, you can do no harm. If you start changing the current file set, you can make matters worse as many system critical files are checksummed.

Good luck

Fraser
If I have helped you please consider a donation : https://gofund.me/c86b0a2c

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2018, 01:27:43 am »
The back up files died with a hardrive crash a couple years ago, the flir seems to do it's own back ups on system files renaming them to ****.bak so I am pretty sure it has been renamed but still present I just need to know the exact file it uses for the calibration. Thanks Fraser

Online Fraser

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2018, 11:12:02 am »
The loss of the backup is a pity but as you say, if the camera has backed up the original calibration file you may be in luck. I recall that someone working on the Ex series camera discovered the calibration file location. The Ex series use the later firmware type though so sadly it may not help. Then again the laterfirmware is mainly a new user interface rather than system files so you may get lucky.

I regret I do not have a record of where the calibration files reside  :(

Hopefully someone else will. It would be worth posting in the E4 upgrade and teardown threads and asking where the calibration files are located on an Ex series camera.

Fraser

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2018, 12:25:20 am »
I got lucky was able to change to the original ORG calibration files then enable the cases I wanted and everything returned to having lower and mid calibration.

Online Fraser

• Super Contributor
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2018, 12:32:44 am »
Excellent news. Well done finding the required files  :-+

Now make multiple backups of your camera file system 'as-is' just in case you ever need it 🙂

Fraser

Offline Mannyb

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2020, 05:57:37 am »
Dear All
is there a way to change the save image name of Flir e30BX instead of separate IR and DC into a single name sequence like E40 where image from Infra Red and digital is save as FLIR001, 002, where there's no IR and DC

i would appreciate your support

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf