Poll

Has the hackabiliy of the E4 made you buy one :  

Yes, I was already looking at the competition at a similar price, but the hack swung it to E4
274 (27.9%)
Yes, I'd not considered buying a TIC before, but 320x240 resolution at this price justifies it (as either tool or toy!)
444 (45.3%)
Yes, I was going to buy an E5/6/8 class of unit but will now get the E4
49 (5%)
No, but am looking out for a cheap i3 to hack
50 (5.1%)
Not yet, but probably will if now that a closed-box hack becomes is possible
164 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 803

Author Topic: Flir E4 Thermal imaging camera teardown  (Read 3769032 times)

Ed.Kloonk and 10 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline daves

• Regular Contributor
Re: Flir E4 Thermal imaging camera teardown
« Reply #3400 on: February 04, 2014, 09:06:39 pm »
Just did quick sanity check on low  temperature accuracy
You can calibrate through calib.rsc (search this thread). I did and now it shows real temperatures outside, even when its freezing. Before calibration it was more then 7°C off.
Batch Thermal Images Editor (JPG, BMT, SNP, IRI, ISI, IS2, PGM, TIF, IMG, BMP):  https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/flir-e4-thermal-imaging-camera-teardown/msg350556/#msg350556

Offline mzzj

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3401 on: February 04, 2014, 09:13:41 pm »
Just did quick sanity check on low  temperature accuracy
You can calibrate through calib.rsc (search this thread). I did and now it shows real temperatures outside, even when its freezing. Before calibration it was more then 7°C off.

Thanks for the hint, this thread is so long that I would have easily missed this.

Only problem is that my readings drift like crazy after startup  :scared:

Offline daves

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #3402 on: February 04, 2014, 10:03:30 pm »
New BFIC (version 0.9) available in my footer note. Now there is also support for interior.

« Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 10:05:06 pm by daves »
Batch Thermal Images Editor (JPG, BMT, SNP, IRI, ISI, IS2, PGM, TIF, IMG, BMP):  https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/flir-e4-thermal-imaging-camera-teardown/msg350556/#msg350556

Offline Fraser

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3403 on: February 04, 2014, 11:20:53 pm »
@mzzj,

Please be aware that the microbolometer  in these cameras is not cooled....its heated to 30C .

When the camera is switched on you will see the '~' to the left of the measured temperature. This indicates that the thermo-electric heater is heating the microbolometer to operating temperature.
Until the '~' disappears (indicating correct operating temp) the readings will drift.
If I have helped you please consider a donation : https://gofund.me/c86b0a2c

Offline ericpi

« Reply #3404 on: February 05, 2014, 12:48:00 am »
Ordered my E4 from Amazon, and it just arrived today.  Calibration date is January 23, 2014.  Still came with firmware 1.19.8.

I applied the firmware hack, and it worked perfectly!  I thought the resolution (with MSX) was decent before the upgrade, but now with the full 320x240, it looks amazing! 

Thanks to Mike and all who helped put this together  :-+

Offline emptech

• Regular Contributor
    • Empirical Technology
« Reply #3405 on: February 05, 2014, 03:16:03 am »
Aurora:

Problem with crc solved!

You are right (of course!), you can't see <crlf> or white spaces, or any hidden, non-visable characters, but they all count
towards the crc, check sum, or whatever method you use to establish file integrity.  I was about to view the
file with a hex editor to verify there was nothing there that shouldn't be there.

The problem was very simple, as most problems and solutions are.  I didn't realize, and I'm sure this has been
mentioned many times, immediately after the last character in the serial number, there should be nothing, nothing
but one blank line below.  To insure that, you can put your curser right after the last character and pound away
on the delete key or use any other method you choose.  Then tap the <enter> key one time.  Then save the file.
There should be no remnants of the # or the previous checksum, nothing.  Again, extremely basic, but looks
like I'm not the only person who got this wrong.  I've seen so many examples where a bunch of xxxxx were put
in instead of the single blank line.

Now on to some fun stuff!

And no, you didn't insult me, believe it or not, I listen to all of you, my hearing may not be too good though.

Thanks everybody who answered my PM's and gave me good advise.

Jim H.

I note the comment about not having changed the original file. Would that not cause this issue as it will have a CRC entry present at the bottom of the file ? The very presence of the Checksum throws off the CRC calculation. You have to delete the original CRC checksum result from the file then run it through the CRC calculator and create the checksum. Compare this to the one you deleted. they should be the same. Just a thought. Not wanting to insult you at all but are you aware of what the CRC checksum is and how it is produced ? If not, please be aware that a CRC calculator takes EVERY character present in a file and produces a checksum representing that files content. If you have ANY additional characters present in the file it will destroy the checksum validity. Please take a look at the E4 e8.cfg file to see what it should look like at the end. You will see a position for the serial number to be entered, Then CRC is run, then resultant checksum is entered into e8.cfg file at the bottom.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 03:35:31 am by emptech »
"What this country needs is less people telling us what this country needs"

Offline scientist

• Frequent Contributor
  • !
  • User banned.
« Reply #3406 on: February 05, 2014, 04:04:01 am »
Yeah, the spacebar issue was mentioned around 150 pages back.

Damn, this thread has gotten long.

Offline Bovvy

• Contributor
« Reply #3407 on: February 05, 2014, 05:55:55 am »
@Emptech, has upgrade worked?

Offline carrierlost

« Reply #3408 on: February 05, 2014, 09:47:43 am »
Greetings from Estonia!

I've been lurking around for a couple of months now and last last week finally decided to buy one.
I'm about  10km from the Flir plant here in Tallinn, unfortunately they dont sell direct :(
Local dealer fortunately had them in stock and I got mine for good price after asking for a quote  :-+

Mine is a 1.1 HW with a serial number 639101xx calibrated on Dec 12, 2013. Firmware 1.19.8

Upgrade to E8+ went smoothly. Thanks guys for the good work  :-+

Offline carrierlost

« Reply #3409 on: February 05, 2014, 10:37:42 am »
New BFIC (version 0.9) available in my footer note. Now there is also support for interior.

Good work! Some bugs,comments, suggestions:

1. I accidentally clicked clicked on DVD drive (which was empty) when selecting destination folder, and it decided to give me runtime error 68, device not available and exited.

2. I had some pre-hack E4 shots - it miscalculates the thermal image size incorrectly there and thermal image is shown squished in vertical axis.

3. Would it be possible to automatically detect if min or max measure points were selected when image was taken and add them to the output automatically?

4. Thermal Fusion is an interesting feature. In editor its possible to select internal/external and it works.
In the main windows there is no selection and it defaults to  external only?
Perhaps it could auto-detect the external /internal  somehow ? Based on temperature or presence of min or max cursors? If min cursor was taken its likely its an indoor picture and in case of max cursor outside? If detection is not possible perhaps just a radio-box then.

Offline TX Tim

« Reply #3410 on: February 05, 2014, 03:26:19 pm »
FLIR just posted "FLIR Ex (1.21.0) Update Pack" on their custhelp site. Interestingly, the file "Z3comb_v1.21.0.fif" inside has a timestamp of 2014-01-13.

Has anyone tried this?

I'm another potential purchaser lurking here. Thanks for everyone's great research and contribution to this project!
« Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 03:28:32 pm by TX Tim »

Offline Fraser

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3411 on: February 05, 2014, 03:35:11 pm »
Now that doesn't look too good when comments regarding a potentially 'fixed' V1.2 firmware are considered. I would not install that firmware unless I could determine whether it would block or reverse the 'enhancement ' process.

I will be downloading it for a look-see.

Over to the resident experts for their views on its content

Offline edavid

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3412 on: February 05, 2014, 04:07:40 pm »
Does anyone with an earlier firmware version want to ask FLIR for 1.19.8 ? ....it might help the Ex series community to have it available in case of emergency or if it contains useful bug fixes. To date I don't think any differences between the various firmwares have been traced to bug fixes. Probably just tidying up the code a little ?

I tried that, their response was:
The difference between 1.18.7 and 1.19.8 is production related and therefor not added for manual download.

Offline Fraser

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3413 on: February 05, 2014, 04:16:15 pm »
@edavid,

Thanks for that information. I asked FLIR service & support  for the release notes on 1.19.8 and a download location. Nothing heard yet. I guess they will direct me towards their all new and shiny version 1.21.0, also supplied without any release notes  :--

I have updated my useful information 'serial number against FW version' page to reflect the new release. As time from production to customer is quite short, we will likley be seeing cameras with FW 1.21.0 installed quite soon.

I downloaded the new firware and have it in pieces all over my desktop. Time to have a good dig around in it. For anyone unaware.... if you wish to look inside the .fif file, just rename it with a suffix of .zip and it may be opened and dismantled.

I am keeping it well away from my E4(8+) and as it has no release notes it is hard to know what, if any, advantage there may be in using it (even if tamed >:D )
« Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 04:19:56 pm by Aurora »

Offline nazar404

• Contributor
« Reply #3414 on: February 05, 2014, 04:24:29 pm »
Hello All,

Just as a note "TEquipment" has FLIR E4 in stock ... 64 units.

Offline mikeselectricstuffTopic starter

• Super Contributor
    • Mike's Electric Stuff
« Reply #3415 on: February 05, 2014, 04:37:06 pm »
Apart from the obvious steps of looking at file differences, it might be interesting to try running just the executable from the new update - should be safer than a full update and may indicate if they've changed things like the cal data format, which could be a barrier to downgrading if it proved necessary.

Actually, I can think of someone who could try the update without risking the functionality of their  camera as it's already an E8.... Dave?
Youtube channel:Taking wierd stuff apart. Very apart.
Mike's Electric Stuff: High voltage, vintage electronics etc.
Day Job: Mostly LEDs

Offline emptech

• Regular Contributor
    • Empirical Technology
« Reply #3416 on: February 05, 2014, 05:37:16 pm »
Yes, the e40 camera  is now where I wanted it to be.  I had problems with the CRC and those have now
been resolved.  One of our members edited my conf.cfg files for me, created a proper crc number, the file
was downloaded to the camera, and wow!  I now have 320x320 resolution and up to 8x zoom selection.

I really don't know what else I could ever ask for.

What saved me was getting the rndis/usb to work, I was trying to get the hidden menu from the wrong menu.

Thanks everyone for having the patients to help me.

Jim

@Emptech, has upgrade worked?

Offline Bovvy

• Contributor
« Reply #3417 on: February 05, 2014, 05:41:54 pm »
Emptech, is your E40 a pre October 2013 model? Or is it the newer on with MSX?

Offline Taucher

• Frequent Contributor
  • 1DsaYDGWXEYhEKL rfrbFyYsehaAtfBWawf
« Reply #3418 on: February 05, 2014, 05:58:58 pm »
FLIR just posted "FLIR Ex (1.21.0) Update Pack" on their custhelp site. Interestingly, the file "Z3comb_v1.21.0.fif" inside has a timestamp of 2014-01-13.
Has anyone tried this?
I'm another potential purchaser lurking here. Thanks for everyone's great research and contribution to this project!
Thanks for hinting!
direct link:
http://cdn.cloud.flir.se/swdownload/assets/cameradownload/flir_ex_pn639_v1.21.0_update_pack.zip

As already reverse-checked (and confirmed by the recent postings quoting Flir support) - firmware 1.19.8 did just change wording and some reporting forms inside the builtin webserver (factory hidden usually) ... so this one will be interesting.

I'll investigate the differences ASAP :)

Offline Taucher

• Frequent Contributor
IMPORTANT
« Reply #3419 on: February 05, 2014, 06:18:35 pm »
+++ticker+++ticker+++ticker+++

ATTENTION ALL USERS
the new firmware (1.21.0) is likely designed to hinder/stop the hack!

look for yourself - introduction of a new CRC algo ....

Code: [Select]
Applaunch.dat:
# doCRC FlashBFS\system\appcore.exe 1760768 3442989494
# doCRC FlashBFS\system\common_dll.dll 1193984 3567384037
# doCRC FlashBFS\system\progressapp.exe 27648 3868968713
# doCRC FlashBFS\system\defaultusr.exe 5120 784976136
# ID all
# CRC03 aad87665

... do I need to say more?   :palm:

PS: I like the "all" keyword there

EDIT: other noteworthy losses:
- major parts of the webserver got removed
- restartapp.bat got removed (I guess they guessed it's handy)
- rdump: lost helpscreen on switch: -h hash_type ... CRC32 calculation etc (yeah, cleansweep)
« Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 07:16:52 pm by Taucher »

Offline emptech

• Regular Contributor
    • Empirical Technology
« Reply #3420 on: February 05, 2014, 06:25:23 pm »
BOVVY:

I purchased the camera almost two years ago from Mid-State Instruments here in Kalifornia.
The dealer was able to work with me and gave me a small discount from the $4K list price.
I believe the manufacturing date is in 2011.  No, it is not the newer one with MSX.

I was hoping to use it for thermal surveys for customers, but that never happened.  I'd still
like to find a way to have this camera pay for itself.

Some local HVAC companies in their sales pitch offer for a free thermal analysis of people's homes,
I should have it done here to find what they are doing.  I'm not ready to take the $2K course from
the IR Training Center, unless I knew I could at least break even.

Jim

Emptech, is your E40 a pre October 2013 model? Or is it the newer on with MSX?
« Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 06:47:50 pm by emptech »

Offline Fraser

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3421 on: February 05, 2014, 06:30:05 pm »
Taucher,

Many thanks for the fast work on this. Not totally unexpected though.

Just changing the CRC algo and the passwords would be a significant challenge to most generalist users like me, and I guess that is what they have done ? Not sure if they have changed the '3vlig' password though.

Firmware downgrading will also be an interesting area.... FLIR no longer show the 1.18.7 firmware on their site and I wonder if they have blocked downgrading to earlier FW versions as well.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 07:05:13 pm by Aurora »

Offline mikeselectricstuffTopic starter

• Super Contributor
    • Mike's Electric Stuff
Re: IMPORTANT
« Reply #3422 on: February 05, 2014, 06:57:44 pm »

Look for yourself - introduction of a new CRC algo ....

I wonder if service mode still stamps the template file with the CRC though..

..and what about updates done to old units which will have old-style CRC01-stamped config files?

Youtube channel:Taking wierd stuff apart. Very apart.
Mike's Electric Stuff: High voltage, vintage electronics etc.
Day Job: Mostly LEDs

Offline tjb1

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #3423 on: February 05, 2014, 07:00:46 pm »
So I am guessing this new update has killed the E4->E8 hack?  Pity as I was just going to grab one with my tax return...

Offline Taucher

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #3424 on: February 05, 2014, 07:06:07 pm »
Update on 1.21.0:
Regarding the questions - the CRC algorithm seems to have gotten 2-stage, with the "doCRC" beeing CRC32 or some derivative
and CRC03 something different (please remember: we have 4! CRC sections inside crc01 source prepared already ... takes some time to check if they fit)

Anway - first a quick overview what changed

NEW:
flashbfs/system/suid.exe   <-------!

REMOVED FILES (from 1.17.8 -> to 1.21.0):
SCROLLBOX:
Code: [Select]
flashbfs/system/cemgrc.exe
flashbfs/system/cerdisp.exe
flashbfs/system/cetlstub.dll
flashbfs/system/clientshutdown.exe
flashbfs/system/cmaccept.exe
flashbfs/system/conmanclient2.exe
flashbfs/system/conmanclient3.exe
flashbfs/system/devicedma.dll
flashbfs/system/dumpcoff.exe
flashbfs/system/edbgtl.dll
flashbfs/system/fmqping.exe
flashbfs/system/fvd.exe
flashbfs/system/i2c.exe   <===========!
flashbfs/system/pmic.exe
flashbfs/system/regsvrce.exe
flashbfs/system/tcpconnectiona.dll
flashbfs/system/tcpipc.dll

flashbfs/system/bit/images/black.bmp
flashbfs/system/bit/images/blue.bmp
flashbfs/system/bit/images/green.bmp
flashbfs/system/bit/images/red.bmp
flashbfs/system/bit/images/white.bmp
flashbfs/system/bitapp.exe
flashbfs/system/camtorrent.exe

flashbfs/system/prodapp.exe
flashbfs/system/prodisapi.dll
flashbfs/system/restartapp.bat
flashbfs/system/torrenterrorcodes.xml
flashbfs/system/torrenterrorcodes.xsd
flashbfs/system/torrenterrorcodes.xsl
flashbfs/system/web/black-240x320.mov
flashbfs/system/web/images/a2.jpg
flashbfs/system/web/images/a320.gif
flashbfs/system/web/images/cross.gif
flashbfs/system/web/images/cross_1.gif
flashbfs/system/web/images/cross_2.gif
flashbfs/system/web/images/cross_3.gif
flashbfs/system/web/images/dotted_16x12.gif
flashbfs/system/web/images/e2.jpg
flashbfs/system/web/images/e3.jpg
flashbfs/system/web/images/fenix.jpg
flashbfs/system/web/images/ghost.gif
flashbfs/system/web/images/infracam.gif
flashbfs/system/web/images/noimage.jpg
flashbfs/system/web/images/p-remote.gif
flashbfs/system/web/images/pt-cam.jpg
flashbfs/system/web/images/redcross_1.gif
flashbfs/system/web/images/redcross_2.gif
flashbfs/system/web/images/redcross_3.gif
flashbfs/system/web/images/t-cam.gif
flashbfs/system/web/images/thermacamp640.gif
flashbfs/system/web/images/z-cam.gif
flashbfs/system/web/images/z3_astra.jpg
flashbfs/system/web/results.css
flashbfs/system/web/results.xsl
flashbfs/system/web/service/calib/accmeas.asp
flashbfs/system/web/service/calib/accmeasmeasure.asp
flashbfs/system/web/service/calib/accmeasprotocol.asp
flashbfs/system/web/service/calib/accmeasremove.asp
flashbfs/system/web/service/calib/accmeasselect.asp
flashbfs/system/web/service/calib/accmeassetobjpar.asp
flashbfs/system/web/service/calib/calibacc.asp
flashbfs/system/web/service/calib/index.asp
flashbfs/system/web/service/calib/syscalib.asp
flashbfs/system/web/service/calib/syscalibactivate.asp
flashbfs/system/web/service/calib/syscalibaddlenscase.asp
flashbfs/system/web/service/calib/syscalibcalculate.asp
flashbfs/system/web/service/calib/syscalibeditlimits.asp
flashbfs/system/web/service/calib/syscalibeditmeas.asp
flashbfs/system/web/service/calib/syscalibenadisa.asp
flashbfs/system/web/service/calib/syscalibfarfocus.asp
flashbfs/system/web/service/calib/syscalibmeasure.asp
flashbfs/system/web/service/calib/syscalibprotocol.asp
flashbfs/system/web/service/calib/syscalibrangeenadisa.asp
flashbfs/system/web/service/calib/syscalibselect.asp
flashbfs/system/web/service/calib/syscalibswitch.asp
flashbfs/system/web/service/calib/transmission.asp
flashbfs/system/web/service/caminfo/accprot.asp
flashbfs/system/web/service/caminfo/calibprot.asp
flashbfs/system/web/service/caminfo/components.asp
flashbfs/system/web/service/caminfo/index.asp
flashbfs/system/web/service/caminfo/opspec.asp
flashbfs/system/web/service/datentime.asp
flashbfs/system/web/service/diag/bit.asp
flashbfs/system/web/service/diag/bitcooler.asp
flashbfs/system/web/service/diag/bitinteractive.asp
flashbfs/system/web/service/diag/bitselftest.asp
flashbfs/system/web/service/diag/highres.asp
flashbfs/system/web/service/diag/index.asp
flashbfs/system/web/service/diag/noise.asp
flashbfs/system/web/service/diag/noisemeasure.asp
flashbfs/system/web/service/diag/noiseresults.asp
flashbfs/system/web/service/diag/post.asp
flashbfs/system/web/service/diag/postlog.asp
flashbfs/system/web/service/diag/servicedue.asp
flashbfs/system/web/service/diag/statistics.asp
flashbfs/system/web/service/eeprom/edcaminfo.asp
flashbfs/system/web/service/eeprom/edcomp.asp
flashbfs/system/web/service/eeprom/edlens.asp
flashbfs/system/web/service/eeprom/index.asp
flashbfs/system/web/service/focus/alignment.asp
flashbfs/system/web/service/focus/alignmentpt.asp
flashbfs/system/web/service/focus/alignmentvisvis.asp
flashbfs/system/web/service/focus/focus.asp
flashbfs/system/web/service/focus/focussd.asp
flashbfs/system/web/service/focus/index.asp
flashbfs/system/web/service/focus/laser.asp
flashbfs/system/web/service/focus/lensdist.asp
flashbfs/system/web/service/imgcorr/activatedigfilters.asp
flashbfs/system/web/service/imgcorr/gainmap.asp
flashbfs/system/web/service/imgcorr/gainmapcalc.asp
flashbfs/system/web/service/imgcorr/gainmapcalcgf.asp
flashbfs/system/web/service/imgcorr/gainmapcold.asp
flashbfs/system/web/service/imgcorr/gainmapresult.asp
flashbfs/system/web/service/imgcorr/gainmapselcase.asp
flashbfs/system/web/service/imgcorr/gainmapwarm.asp
flashbfs/system/web/service/imgcorr/imgcorrselcase.asp
flashbfs/system/web/service/imgcorr/index.asp
flashbfs/system/web/service/imgcorr/operability.asp
flashbfs/system/web/service/imgcorr/operabilitylog.asp
flashbfs/system/web/service/imgcorr/pixkill.asp
flashbfs/system/web/service/imgcorr/shuttermap.asp
flashbfs/system/web/service/imgcorr/staticmap.asp
flashbfs/system/web/service/imgcorr/staticmapcalc.asp
flashbfs/system/web/service/imgcorr/staticmapcold.asp
flashbfs/system/web/service/imgcorr/staticmapprepare.asp
flashbfs/system/web/service/imgcorr/staticmapresult.asp
flashbfs/system/web/service/imgcorr/staticmapwarm.asp
flashbfs/system/web/service/inc/accmeasprottempl.inc
flashbfs/system/web/service/inc/calibprottempl.inc
flashbfs/system/web/service/inc/eepromlock.inc
flashbfs/system/web/service/inc/errorcodes.inc
flashbfs/system/web/service/inc/servicemenu.inc
flashbfs/system/web/service/inc/serviceutils.inc
flashbfs/system/web/service/index.asp
flashbfs/system/web/service/ppr.asp
flashbfs/system/web/service/ppri.htm
flashbfs/system/web/service/tdrift/curcomp.asp
flashbfs/system/web/service/tdrift/index.asp
flashbfs/system/web/service/tdrift/logging.asp
flashbfs/system/web/service/tdrift/sensors.asp
flashbfs/system/web/web-addon/a-web-addon/inc/camtype.inc
flashbfs/system/web/web-addon/a-web-addon/index_s.asp
flashbfs/system/web/web-addon/a-web-addon/index_us.asp
flashbfs/system/web/web-addon/a2-web-addon/inc/camtype.inc
flashbfs/system/web/web-addon/a2-web-addon/index_s.asp
flashbfs/system/web/web-addon/a2-web-addon/index_us.asp
flashbfs/system/web/web-addon/e-web-addon/inc/camtype.inc
flashbfs/system/web/web-addon/e2-web-addon/inc/camtype.inc
flashbfs/system/web/web-addon/e3-web-addon/inc/camtype.inc
flashbfs/system/web/web-addon/fx-web-addon/inc/camtype.inc
flashbfs/system/web/web-addon/g-web-addon/inc/camtype.inc
flashbfs/system/web/web-addon/p-web-addon/inc/camtype.inc
flashbfs/system/web/web-addon/prem-web-addon/inc/camtype.inc
flashbfs/system/web/web-addon/prem-web-addon/service/inc/servicemenu.inc
flashbfs/system/web/web-addon/pt-web-addon/inc/camtype.inc
flashbfs/system/web/web-addon/x-web-addon/inc/camtype.inc
flashbfs/system/web/web-addon/x2-web-addon/inc/camtype.inc
flashbfs/system/web/web-addon/z-web-addon/inc/camtype.inc
flashbfs/system/web/web-addon/z3-web-addon/inc/camtype.inc
[/s][/color]

MOVED IN PLACE (STORAGE LOCATION/KIT):

flashbfs/system/resmon.exe
flashbfs/system/syslog.exe

New commands (one time after upgrade):
oneshot.rsc -> main purpose: emptry out FlashFS\system\appcore.d\factory.d

Applaunch.dat:
# doCRC FlashBFS\system\appcore.exe 1760768 3442989494
# doCRC FlashBFS\system\common_dll.dll 1193984 3567384037
# doCRC FlashBFS\system\progressapp.exe 27648 3868968713
# doCRC FlashBFS\system\defaultusr.exe 5120 784976136
# ID all
# CRC03 aad87665

FlashBFS\system\ui.d\facet_Z3.rcc -> JS sections got removed or compressed (needs some more investigation)

appcore.exe:
- a few blocks changed, all end-of-something markers got changed
- new function/class AVCIFCWindow

FPGA.bin:
- inner structure changed totally - but it's obvious it has 4 major segments

MEMO:
new CRC shows significant similarity to nk.crc file employed even in old 1.17.8 firmware
<filename> <size> <CRC32>
keywords: "all" for CRC03, "undefined" as value for CRC32
« Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 07:08:34 pm by Taucher »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf