Products > Thermal Imaging

FLIR E4 Wifi Resolution and Menu Hack Thread

<< < (217/263) > >>

Bud:
Yes this is normal.

truetypezk:
I have an E4 non WIFI model (3.16.0) for a few months and the hack went through effortlessly thanks to the great resources here on the forum.

I just bought another E4 WIFI model (Date dec 2020 on 3.16.0) last month, trying to mod it for many times yet can't even get the enhanced resolution.

I have successfully replaced the dll file, booted up fine. Changed the conf.cfg, converted it using the SUID, copied it back and the system booted up to the old 80*60 resolution every single time.

Since this is a WIFI model, my first instinct was to FTP it via WIFI to replace the files. After trying and failing for many time, I gave up and turned off the WIFI and used the old RNDIS way, which not surprisingly failed to work again. (I didn't feel the method of connection would affect the outcome but tried it anyway since I was out of other options)

I tried the conf files in all 3 packages yet not a single one works to give me the enhanced resolution.

I wonder if I am missing something or is there any way to troubleshoot what has gone wrong? Many thanks in advance!

----
edit: Woops, found the answer from victorhooi's post and Bud's answer. We have the exact same issue. Just delete the original cfc file did the trick. This is so weird as the non-WIFI version worked fine with the original cfc filename changed. Fiddling around myself for hours doesn't beat some careful research on the forum apparently |O

maicoalvim:
did you delete the original .cfc file?  but you backed it up, correct?  If you lose that original .cfc file, you will no longer be able to return the original software from it.  I made that mistake.  I sent my camera to Flir to make a diagnosis.  now i'm waiting for a response from them to know how much it will cost me to restore the original software.

--- Quote from: truetypezk on March 19, 2021, 03:06:51 pm ---I have an E4 non WIFI model (3.16.0) for a few months and the hack went through effortlessly thanks to the great resources here on the forum.

I just bought another E4 WIFI model (Date dec 2020 on 3.16.0) last month, trying to mod it for many times yet can't even get the enhanced resolution.

I have successfully replaced the dll file, booted up fine. Changed the conf.cfg, converted it using the SUID, copied it back and the system booted up to the old 80*60 resolution every single time.

Since this is a WIFI model, my first instinct was to FTP it via WIFI to replace the files. After trying and failing for many time, I gave up and turned off the WIFI and used the old RNDIS way, which not surprisingly failed to work again. (I didn't feel the method of connection would affect the outcome but tried it anyway since I was out of other options)

I tried the conf files in all 3 packages yet not a single one works to give me the enhanced resolution.

I wonder if I am missing something or is there any way to troubleshoot what has gone wrong? Many thanks in advance!

----
edit: Woops, found the answer from victorhooi's post and Bud's answer. We have the exact same issue. Just delete the original cfc file did the trick. This is so weird as the non-WIFI version worked fine with the original cfc filename changed. Fiddling around myself for hours doesn't beat some careful research on the forum apparently |O

--- End quote ---

truetypezk:
Yeah I have saved a copy of all the original files. That's kind of natural for someone who prefer to change the original filenames rather than simply deleting them. ;D

Ribster:

--- Quote from: Ribster on January 06, 2021, 02:13:19 pm ---When i load this onto my E4 WiFi version 3.16.0 i get the following:
(I am using the 3.16 common_dll)

- Flir logo boots
- I see the thermal view, but without menu
- The blue loading bar goed past the middle, and then the screen goes black
- Loadbar keeps progressing, eventually shuts down

Restoring the dll to the original version gives me back original functionality.
Any idea's ?

--- End quote ---

Got it working. Had an issue where i copies the files in the FS folder instead of the BFS folder for the basic version.
then the config file could not find the files that it required causing the issue!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version