Products > Thermal Imaging

FLIR E4 Wifi Resolution and Menu Hack Thread

<< < (218/226) > >>

Djsajmy:
Is there a way to display a custom message / info on boot? Changing the boot logo or adding text to the message after boot?

Was not able to find a simple way to do that.

Spirit532:

--- Quote from: Djsajmy on May 07, 2021, 03:02:33 pm ---Is there a way to display a custom message / info on boot? Changing the boot logo or adding text to the message after boot?

Was not able to find a simple way to do that.

--- End quote ---

The boot logo is just a standard bitmap in the file system. Replace it.

Djsajmy:
That bmp is never used... And replacing it does zero.

tcq1000:
I read a lot of posts, still not sure, can give guidance.

My machine is FLIR E4 2.0L 3.12. Do you follow the steps of 2.3.0( https://fubar.gr/hacking-the-flir-e4/ ), using the 3.12 file?

(https://www.eevblog.com/forum/thermal-imaging/flir-e4-wifi-resolution-and-menu-hack-thread/msg1397359/#msg1397359)

Oda:
Hello Gents!

I'm ready to purchase an E4 Wifi either thru Global Test Supply (tie up with ITM) or Amazon but leaning heavily on the former for its cheaper price ($894 inc. shipping and 90-day return). Just hoping to get one with the latest firmwares especially 3.16.0 or perhaps 3.12.0 whichever...still 3.12 mod either way. A gazillion thanks to Bud just the same!

I don't have access to a Win7 32-bit machine. My rig is a Win10 64-bit Home edition with ethernet and wireless capability.

My questions:

1. Can this modding be done solely on a Win10 64-bit platform without the hit or miss? I've read Monolith was able to do so in post #255.
2. Should I go with a Wifi or USB connection?
3. Which version of PuTTy shall I use?
4. Will the basic modding, change the E4's thermal sensitivity and object temperature range to    <50mk and 1,022°F? Never seen any affirmation nor confirmation about these specs in this thread beside the resolution euphoria.

I've never done these things before but I've been around since the days of PCTools, Norton Utilities, C-Brain and Ping-Pong virus, to say
the least. Right now I'm just trying to piece everything together and trying to understand how this modding methodology works.

Your time and patience in helping out this non-nerd will really be much appreciated.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version