Products > Thermal Imaging

FLIR E4 Wifi Resolution and Menu Hack Thread

<< < (232/246) > >>

556:

--- Quote from: tillmoss on January 09, 2022, 02:14:06 pm ---Hi, I’m new.
I have FLIR E5 WiFi with 3.16.0 firmware. Can I add this mod/hack to my camera? Where I can find a guide to do this?
I found only old guides for 2.x firmware. Is the same for 3.16.0?
I’m interested in advanced mod

In the conf.cfg I see this line “ .caps.config.name text "app E4" ” Must I change E4 to E5?

Thanks to all

--- End quote ---
1. Yes, you can do this to your E5 WiFi.
2. Download the 3.12 pack that Bud have posted here, and open the readme as a start:
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/thermal-imaging/flir-e4-wifi-resolution-and-menu-hack-thread/msg1397359/#msg1397359
3. Not sure, i think i saw someone mentioning replacing E4 with Ex for other cameras, but i never really bothered to read more as i have an E4.

KCT_99:
I have just Liberated my E5 2.0L with 3.16.0.

Took me longer reactivating my old W7 Laptop and get it sorted for Telnet and FTP than applying the actual Liberation.

I deviated a little from Bud's procedure. I decrypted my conf.cfc to conf.cfg made only the changes for resolution and noise, as this is all I care for at the moment, and then encrypted back to conf.cfc for upload to the camera. Worked like a charm.

Altho Bud's procedure calls for Putty for the Telnet operation, putty is not really needed, Telnetting from a Command Prompt window works just fine.

For Reference:

python cfccfg.py XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX conf.cfg conf.cfc  <-encrypts a plain text configuration to the encrypted configuration file .cfc

while

python cfccfg.py XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX conf.cfc conf.cfg  <-decrypts an encrypted configuration file .cfc to a plain text configuration file .cfg

Where as XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX is the unique camera SUID as obtained in step 3 of Bud's procedure.

Thanks to all that made this Liberation possible.

tillmoss:

Yes you can mod your E5 camera.

The how to guide is included as a text file in the Basic_3.12.0.zip from here: https://www.eevblog.com/forum/thermal-imaging/flir-e4-wifi-resolution-and-menu-hack-thread/msg1397359/#msg1397359

For executing step 7 of Bud's procedure I found it useful to put the conf.cfg file into the Python installation directory (in my case C:\python27) prior to processing it to conf.cfc

Bud's procedure steps for 3.12.0 and 3.16.0 liberation are essentially the same. Just be sure you upload the 3.16.0 common_dll.dll to the camera.
Use the 3.16.0 dll from here: https://www.eevblog.com/forum/thermal-imaging/flir-e4-wifi-resolution-and-menu-hack-thread/msg2252082/#msg2252082

No, I'm not sure but I don't think you need to change .caps.config.name text "app E4" to E5, but I guess you could experiment with this.

EDIT: 556 beat me to it.  :-+

tillmoss:
Thanks to all!!!

In the next hours I will try. Can I enable also advanced menu in addition to resolution?
Is it possible to increase refresh rate?

KCT_99:
Yes, you can also get the advanced menu. Look for Bud's upload in this thread.

I'm not sure, I doubt, the refresh rate can be changed.

Bud:

--- Quote from: tillmoss on January 09, 2022, 08:41:20 pm ---Is it possible to increase refresh rate?

--- End quote ---

No.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version