Products > Thermal Imaging

FLIR E4 Wifi Resolution and Menu Hack Thread

<< < (246/263) > >>

KD0CAC John:
I wanted to downgrade for the reasons mentioned a little earlier --- 1.9 had all the improvements & was easier to mod ?
I do have the E4 WIFI 13.3.9

charlyd:
i got a Flir E4. fw 1.21. (hw 1.1L) from what me was told it has the resolution and menu hack.  can this E4 be upgrade or do i brick the camera  with a fw update to 2.3.0. for example?

i don t have the original unhacked files  from a v1.21 Flir E4 can somebody post them here.

Voodoobrew:
Just did my new FLIR 63906-0604 E4 with Firmware version: 3.16.0 (out of the box).

mostly trying to follow the instructions here https://www.eevblog.com/forum/thermal-imaging/flir-e4-wifi-resolution-and-menu-hack-thread/msg4044625/#msg4044625

I used the files from https://www.eevblog.com/forum/thermal-imaging/flir-e4-wifi-resolution-and-menu-hack-thread/msg4043233/#msg4043233

I had only one issue but I got it all working.
The common_dll.dll I could not delete or copy over. It took me the better part of 4 hours to find I could rename it to common_dll.dll.bak then upload the new common_dll.dll
Trying to delete the common_dll.dll file gave me these 2 errors
     File unavailable (e.g., file not found, no access).
     Exceeded storage allocation (for current directory or dataset).
The only reference I could find on those errors the guy got called a troll so... Not to helpful to me.
Now know that I need to rename instead of replace I do see thats its been posted before.

Everything else went pretty smooth.

FYI: While I can FTP right in on the Wi-Fi IP using -User: flir   -Password: 3vlig
   There was no access to the folder \FlashFS\ where the config.cfc is
   So you do still need to load Set_RNDIS_temporary.fif

I did get the Timeout waiting for camera response which probably meant I already completed that step so just move to next one. You know its good if you can see the \FlashFS\ folder

While I did just backup everything I could just in case I only went to 3 files, only 2 of which got replaced, the other was just to find the

Thanks everyone for putting this together.
I just figured I would make a post with keywords people might find if they have similar issues.

@Sebastian82 if you has said "22)   Now go to “_\FlashBFS\system” and rename the “common_dll.dll” and uplaod the one you need. I used the hacked “common_dll_3.16.zip” from the forum."
I would have had zero issues. To be fair I never saw the previous instructions that those were based off.

Marekx89:
Hello, where i find last version of hack ? thanks

KD0CAC John:
I am watching a few threads about this , but am a long way from being able to answer much on the subject .
But seems to me there is at least 2 different ways to go - and the choice on which path to take depends on which version of camera you have & what soft / firmware you have , at least as I understand what I have found .

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version