Author Topic: FLIR E4 Wifi Resolution and Menu Hack Thread  (Read 436368 times)

Offline David C

• Contributor
FLIR E4 Wifi Resolution and Menu Hack Thread
« Reply #575 on: February 22, 2018, 11:31:56 pm »
OK,no problem.
Can you help me please with a full dump from E4, here or on PM. Thanks.
Solved that yellow spot,  I had some other lines on my cfg file. That startup message is from facet.rcc, with other rcc files doesn't show up. I will investigate more.

See here :

Here's the tree file from my E4 wifi with advanced package upgrade. I blacked out the serial number and SUID with XXX's.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2018, 11:33:37 pm by David C »

The following users thanked this post: WhiteAndBlue

Offline WhiteAndBlue

• Contributor
Re: FLIR E4 Wifi Resolution and Menu Hack Thread
« Reply #576 on: February 23, 2018, 06:59:58 am »
See here :

Here's the tree file from my E4 wifi with advanced package upgrade. I blacked out the serial number and SUID with XXX's.

Thanks but doesn't help me. I want all files from FlashBFS, FlashFS, FlashIFS(no pic inside). Can you help with those?

Offline sata-sata

• Contributor
« Reply #577 on: February 23, 2018, 11:56:05 am »
I'm sorry again. in the basic instructions for firmware version 3.9.0 under item 9 a the following is written - In Telnet enter this command: stopapp. Putty does not know such a command. are there any mistakes here? can be so more correct - stopapp.bat?

Bud ! - google search "fubar e4" displays on other versions of hacking. where the stopapp command is not mentioned
« Last Edit: February 23, 2018, 12:06:43 pm by sata-sata »

Offline WhiteAndBlue

• Contributor
« Reply #578 on: February 23, 2018, 12:06:30 pm »
run it twice

The following users thanked this post: sata-sata

Offline sata-sata

• Contributor
« Reply #579 on: February 23, 2018, 12:13:52 pm »
 my log. Whether it is possible so to make?

PS. although it really did work the second time. Thank you WhiteAndBlue  :)

here this point is also not clear to me. Please clarify .
9. b) Using FTP program rename FlashBFS \ system \ common_dll.dll on the camera to common_dll_org.dll

I do not understand what to do with the file. rename it or transfer it to the camera ?
« Last Edit: February 23, 2018, 01:17:22 pm by sata-sata »

Offline WhiteAndBlue

• Contributor
« Reply #580 on: February 23, 2018, 01:03:47 pm »
here this point is also not clear to me. Please clarify .
9. b) Using FTP program rename FlashBFS \ system \ common_dll.dll on the camera to common_dll_org.dll
I use WinSCP

Offline sata-sata

• Contributor
« Reply #581 on: February 23, 2018, 01:42:20 pm »
with the program, I'll figure it out. I do not understand what to do with the file. and what kind of file. rename it or transfer it to the camera? namely under item 9. b) of the instruction.

sorry for the curve translation.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2018, 01:45:19 pm by sata-sata »

Offline WhiteAndBlue

• Contributor
« Reply #582 on: February 23, 2018, 01:54:52 pm »
I'm guessing you should rename it in order to have a backup and to not overwrite the file.

Online Bud

• Super Contributor
« Reply #583 on: February 23, 2018, 02:01:23 pm »
Rename it on the camera and leave it there. This is a system file and delete does not always work. Renaming always works. You rename it in order to be able to copy the new common_DLL to the camera.
Facebook-free life and Rigol-free shack.

Offline sata-sata

• Contributor
« Reply #584 on: February 23, 2018, 02:11:45 pm »
if I understand correctly, then the file common_dll.dll in the Flir e4 file structure needs to be renamed to common_dll_org.dll. and nowhere to carry it. this is done in order to be able to put the modified common_dll.dll file from the computer there. I'm right ?

Online Bud

• Super Contributor
« Reply #585 on: February 23, 2018, 02:20:51 pm »
Yes

Online Bud

• Super Contributor
« Reply #586 on: February 23, 2018, 02:43:49 pm »
As I said, most likely Spirit's application grabs focus and does not retun it to that popup when you shut down Spirit's application. Any key presses are passed to the screen element that has current focus. If the popup loses focus it can't process key press events. You are trying to layer an application on top of other application on top of main application. My recommendation is - test your stuff on a non modded camera to prevent interference.

I'll say it another way. How can we bring this never seen before splash screen up ? What are the buttons or conditions you've set to prompt this popup ? If you can't bring this popup up during normal operation of the camera, then what's the point of it ? Could it be a forgotten beta popup of yours ? If so, could we remove it since we already get the splash screen at startup ?

Why is so much concern about something that never shows up in normal operation by your own words. Being a purist is not something that makes sense with E4 , in fact the whole E4 update became possible exactly because the manufacturer left low hanging fruits in the code here and there which were found and used for mod-ing. Take it as a test code or an Easter Egg, there is plenty of time before the Easter - if you won't figure out the buttons combination by then I will tell.

Offline David C

• Contributor
« Reply #587 on: February 23, 2018, 04:06:32 pm »
As I said, most likely Spirit's application grabs focus and does not retun it to that popup when you shut down Spirit's application. Any key presses are passed to the screen element that has current focus. If the popup loses focus it can't process key press events. You are trying to layer an application on top of other application on top of main application. My recommendation is - test your stuff on a non modded camera to prevent interference.

I'll say it another way. How can we bring this never seen before splash screen up ? What are the buttons or conditions you've set to prompt this popup ? If you can't bring this popup up during normal operation of the camera, then what's the point of it ? Could it be a forgotten beta popup of yours ? If so, could we remove it since we already get the splash screen at startup ?

Why is so much concern about something that never shows up in normal operation by your own words. Being a purist is not something that makes sense with E4 , in fact the whole E4 update became possible exactly because the manufacturer left low hanging fruits in the code here and there which were found and used for mod-ing. Take it as a test code or an Easter Egg, there is plenty of time before the Easter - if you won't figure out the buttons combination by then I will tell.

It's simply because of the few 4 buttons that are "free" as in they do not prompt any command of the E4 while in regular display mode, we need to be able to use them all for the implementation and it's hard to debug when I fall into that loop due to the popup. I'm all for giving you and the community credit for the E4 liberation achievement and hard work, and I don't mind having to deal with popup and splash screen, however I don't expect to have to deal with popup coming out of nowhere and serving no apparent purpose. I'd rather be working with all of you to make this as good as possible, so that's why I'm asking if this popup serve a purpose the way it is right now and if so, if we could move it to the startup or somewhere obvious for the users to actually see it under normal operation. If not, then I'll treat it as a remnant of a beta version and try to delete it or block it since its interfering with further development for no reason. That's why I'm asking you (plus the popup you wrote also say to come here for technical issues).

Thanks

Offline sata-sata

• Contributor
« Reply #588 on: February 23, 2018, 05:32:20 pm »
 did not pass the basic hack. The situation is the same as in the 245 message.
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/thermal-imaging/flir-e4-wifi-resolution-and-menu-hack-thread/225/

While analyzing what might be the reason. backup copies are available.
from the regime of RNDIS I do not go out yet.

non-WiFi model
« Last Edit: February 23, 2018, 07:32:37 pm by sata-sata »

Online Bud

• Super Contributor
« Reply #589 on: February 23, 2018, 07:18:36 pm »
Most likely is the new conf was created incorrectly. Also make sure there is only one .cfc in the camera folder and that you did copy and replaced the old .cfc. All these things happened to people here before.

Offline sata-sata

• Contributor
« Reply #590 on: February 23, 2018, 08:20:48 pm »
checked. conf.cfc the file in the structure is one. he's new .

Is it right that the files  common_dll.dll  and  common_dll_org.dll  are the same size?
« Last Edit: February 23, 2018, 09:09:20 pm by sata-sata »

Online Bud

• Super Contributor
« Reply #591 on: February 23, 2018, 08:25:05 pm »
yes same size.
did you put you camera serial number in the config before encrypting? Not SUID, but S/N .

Offline sata-sata

• Contributor
« Reply #592 on: February 23, 2018, 09:23:08 pm »

apparently I was wrong - I had to write a serial number (8 digits ) and I wrote down the catalog number (9 digits ).

re-read the topic learned that there are now serial numbers with 9 digits .

6. Open the supplied conf.cfg , scroll down to the very bottom to the line that starts with "# ID " and replace the 9-digit number with your camera serial number.
   Save the file.

« Last Edit: February 23, 2018, 11:09:42 pm by sata-sata »

The following users thanked this post: tetsusya

Online Bud

• Super Contributor
« Reply #593 on: February 23, 2018, 11:02:41 pm »
Take a deep breath, read the instructions again, especially step 6.

Online Bud

• Super Contributor
« Reply #594 on: February 23, 2018, 11:06:55 pm »

It's simply because of the few 4 buttons that are "free" as in they do not prompt any command of the E4 while in regular display mode, we need to be able to use them all for the implementation and it's hard to debug when I fall into that loop due to the popup. I'm all for giving you and the community credit for the E4 liberation achievement and hard work, and I don't mind having to deal with popup and splash screen, however I don't expect to have to deal with popup coming out of nowhere and serving no apparent purpose. I'd rather be working with all of you to make this as good as possible, so that's why I'm asking if this popup serve a purpose the way it is right now and if so, if we could move it to the startup or somewhere obvious for the users to actually see it under normal operation. If not, then I'll treat it as a remnant of a beta version and try to delete it or block it since its interfering with further development for no reason. That's why I'm asking you (plus the popup you wrote also say to come here for technical issues).

It is all yours, feel free to make any updates, but try to keep ebay resellers at a distance, that is - leave the startup splash screen alone.

Offline David C

• Contributor
« Reply #595 on: February 24, 2018, 12:54:55 am »

It is all yours, feel free to make any updates, but try to keep ebay resellers at a distance, that is - leave the startup splash screen alone.

We got around to avoiding the conflict with the popup for now, idk if it'll surface again in the future but as of now it's not interfering anymore. Startup splash screen totally deserve to be there.

What we are developing is a sort of extra menu that will allow to toggle custom features on/off and use the left/right arrow buttons to adjust a chosen setting instead of always having to reach it trough the dash bar menu. Spirit is doing a great job and I'm testing it on the E4.

Offline sata-sata

• Contributor
« Reply #596 on: February 24, 2018, 05:53:34 am »
overwritten the config file with a serial number (8 digits). encrypted and replaced only it in the e4 directory. and everything worked EXCELLENTLY. temperature resolution 320 to 240. :-+

and solve the last stupid question - if I exit the RNDIS mode, the break will remain in place?

ps. Bud , I would like to thank you with a small share. but it is not familiar with the crypto currency. if you have a purse, please send his address PayPal  in a personal message. thanks again .
« Last Edit: February 24, 2018, 06:40:16 am by sata-sata »

The following users thanked this post: Bud

Offline Micz

• Contributor
« Reply #597 on: February 24, 2018, 10:59:38 am »
Hello, I succesfully did the hack on 3.12 wifi and it works great. I have done it on win 10 64 bit. The only issue is I cant connect to camera via wifi. Camera connecting to the network but I cant connect with Filr tools both on PC and mobile. I am also wondering what is Recording mode with single shot option and how to record video ? I am also willing to say thanks via paypal ;)

The following users thanked this post: Bud

Online Bud

• Super Contributor
« Reply #598 on: February 24, 2018, 04:26:35 pm »
I do not use Flir tools and do not know if it can connect to the camera via WiFi in the first place. Yoju can roll the change back to factory configuration and check. The package has nothing to do with networking. The Single Shot option is just that, single picture take when you press the trigger. If you install the Advanced package, there will be more options there.
You can't take videos with E4.

Online Bud

• Super Contributor
« Reply #599 on: February 24, 2018, 05:03:23 pm »
and solve the last stupid question - if I exit the RNDIS mode, the break will remain in place

RNDIS mode does not affect the modification.

The following users thanked this post: tetsusya

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf