Author Topic: FLIR E4 Wifi Resolution and Menu Hack Thread  (Read 436350 times)

Offline cq-317

• Contributor
Re: FLIR E4 Wifi Resolution and Menu Hack Thread
« Reply #650 on: June 17, 2018, 04:33:16 am »

I have an E6 with sw 3.9 and hw2.0L, I use E4 3.9 file to hack my e6 (I did not notice the prompt ).

After I run the basic cracking process and advanced cracking process, I found that the resolution was not cracked and there was no room function.

So I implemented the recovery program (it‘s sad that I only backed up the FlashFs and FlashBFs folders). First, I restored  the file that modified  by the advanced package. as a result, the thermal image showed a lot of noise and only the outline was visible(no msx). Then I continued to restore file that modified by the basic package , as a results ,i can't see any hot images, only the full screen noise.

Then I downloaded all the files again by ftp , and compared all  files  with the backed up file by binary, I found that only a few files in \FlashFS\system\journal.d folder are different, I tried to use the backup files to recovery , but No improvement. It's so sad.

Immediately afterwards I tried to restore the factory settings and upgrade to version 3.12, but without any effect, I could not see any thermal images and the camera did not respond to the heat source.

I continue to try to downgrade to 3.9, but the downgrade failed, stuck in the boot  logo interface,i backed up all file with 3.12 this time.

After that, I used ftp to overwrite all of the file, and I tried to revert to 3.12 again. Thankfully, I was able to enter the interface normally, but there is still no thermal image.

My E6 is bricked. Someone has suggestions for repair? Is this a system failure or a motherboard failure?

Offline DaveWBTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #651 on: June 17, 2018, 05:00:43 am »
I’m not quite sure as to your solution, but this unit most likely isn’t bricked.

Offline Spirit532

• Frequent Contributor
    • My website
« Reply #652 on: June 17, 2018, 06:28:47 am »
The sensor calibration files are gone, you're seeing raw fixed-pattern noise. I have no idea how you managed that, but it has to go back to FLIR for repair recalibration.

Offline cq-317

• Contributor
« Reply #653 on: June 17, 2018, 08:02:02 am »
Thanks for your reply. Can I replace the sensor calibration file with the same device file?

Offline Spirit532

• Frequent Contributor
    • My website
« Reply #654 on: June 17, 2018, 08:07:22 am »
Only if you made a backup of the original. It's unique for each camera.

The following users thanked this post: cq-317

Offline cq-317

• Contributor
« Reply #655 on: June 17, 2018, 09:49:47 am »
Thanks again, where is the original calibration file? Is calib.rsc? I backed up FlashFs and FlashBFs. The two folders on the device are the same as the files I backed up.

Offline cq-317

• Contributor
« Reply #656 on: June 17, 2018, 10:37:07 am »
I have the original file in FlashFS and FlashBFS. I think the file is not damaged or gone. The files on the device are the same as the files I backed up.I have no way at all.

FlashFS\system\maps\ds_we_ap_fi_le_LCFMap.fff
FlashFS\system\maps\ds_we_ap_fi_leExFOL7_LCFMap.fff
FlashFS\system\maps\ds250C_we.crs
FlashFS\system\maps\ds250C_we_ap_fi_le_static.gan

Offline Spirit532

• Frequent Contributor
    • My website
« Reply #657 on: June 17, 2018, 10:54:35 am »
Try turning it off, removing the battery, and waiting for about an hour. I believe this saved a camera with a similar issue before once.

Offline cq-317

• Contributor
« Reply #658 on: June 17, 2018, 10:56:16 am »
Only if you made a backup of the original. It's unique for each camera.

After I've covered all the files, the only difference is that after booting, the default_a folder is created. There are inital.rsc and stats.rsc files, and then about five files in journal.d are modified:

Code: [Select]
FlashFS\system\default_a\inital.rsc
FlashFS\system\default_a\stats.rsc

FlashFS\system\journal.d\default.rsc
FlashFS\system\journal.d\default_services.rsc
FlashFS\system\journal.d\journal.rsc
FlashFS\system\journal.d\journal.rsc.old
FlashFS\system\journal.d\default_services.rsc

Do you have an idea? Can you help me look at it? Is it caused by these files? thanks!

Offline cq-317

• Contributor
« Reply #659 on: June 17, 2018, 12:55:45 pm »
Try turning it off, removing the battery, and waiting for about an hour. I believe this saved a camera with a similar issue before once.

As you said, I removed the battery and waited for about 3 hours. However, it is still full screen noise. The difference is that the displayed temperature range is about 20 degrees Celsius lower than before.

I will try to delete the following file

Code: [Select]
FlashFS \ SYSTEM \ default_a \ inital.rsc
FlashFS \ SYSTEM \ default_a \ stats.rsc

Then turn off the battery and try to wait 1 hour more again.

Do you have any other suggestions?thanks!

Offline Spirit532

• Frequent Contributor
    • My website
« Reply #660 on: June 17, 2018, 01:16:14 pm »
Lens geometry correction is gone as well. I'm out of suggestions, beyond restoring it to the original and cold booting it. You might have to send it back to FLIR.

Offline cq-317

• Contributor
« Reply #661 on: June 17, 2018, 02:07:46 pm »
Thanks for your patience!

In order to restore the original state, do I need files other than FlashFs and FlashBFs?

I can only try it myself now. God bless me!

Offline TheEPROM9

• Frequent Contributor
  • I have a Kali USB and I'm not afraid to use it!
    • EPROM 9 Home
« Reply #662 on: June 17, 2018, 04:18:51 pm »
Ok, so I ventured out into the dangerous lands of FLIR hacking. Upgraded our 2.0L 3.5.0 camera to 3.9.0 and tried the basic procedure from page 8. I got as far as step 12, but something very unfortunate must have happened because now the camera boots to a point where it says "Application appcore.exe a serious error and must shut down". It's not something I've seen mentioned before and I'm lost. Is there a way to completely restore an installation of the camera system? Can I force an upgrade? Or is the camera completely bricked?  |O

Bloody Windows. Why they did not use Linux I don't know. Win CE has caused me nothing but trobble from the devices I have used it on. Plus its compaterbility is terible with other applications.
TheEPROM9 (The Husky Hunter Collectors inc.)
Knowledge should be sheared freely to those who want it.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/146977913@N06/ https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4vOnjz1G-aM8LddSbrK1Vg https://www.facebook.com/groups/118910608126229/

Offline Bud

• Super Contributor
« Reply #663 on: June 17, 2018, 10:55:06 pm »
If it had not been Win CE, the people in this and other threads would not have enjoyed their E4s.
Facebook-free life and Rigol-free shack.

Offline TheEPROM9

• Frequent Contributor
  • I have a Kali USB and I'm not afraid to use it!
    • EPROM 9 Home
« Reply #664 on: June 18, 2018, 11:48:04 am »
If it had not been Win CE, the people in this and other threads would not have enjoyed their E4s.

True, Microsoft does not have a good history when it come to secureity. It is only recently they have pulled their fingers out their asses and actualy address security issues.
TheEPROM9 (The Husky Hunter Collectors inc.)
Knowledge should be sheared freely to those who want it.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/146977913@N06/ https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4vOnjz1G-aM8LddSbrK1Vg https://www.facebook.com/groups/118910608126229/

Offline dandin87

« Reply #665 on: June 29, 2018, 07:23:34 pm »
I was having issues with our E4 at work always calibrating or not displaying correctly which would require a reboot. So I updated it yesterday and the cursor and image mode disappeared. Finding this forum made me realize we had the resolution hack (we bought it direct from flir, I do not think it was a refurb or anything but who knows). So I went ahead and used Bud's files to update our E4 1.2 hardware 3.12 Firmware flir. I read most people suggested not doing this. After doing a diff on my conf file and Bud's I found nothing that was specific to 1.2 vs 2.0 hardware. Had no problems and now have a flir that doesn't lag or glitch out and is feature rich. So Bud's files work for 1.2 and 2.0 Hardware. Thanks to everyone in this thread, it was quite a read. I made an account to just to leave my experience since this helped so much.

The following users thanked this post: boB, Bud

Offline nikifena

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #666 on: July 03, 2018, 07:59:50 pm »
Dear Bud. Thank you so much for the hack. I hacked my E4 with hardware 2.0L and firmware 3.12 successfully
Thanks again!!!!

The following users thanked this post: Bud

Offline shenns

« Reply #667 on: July 30, 2018, 01:27:44 pm »
Thanks so much bud. Made an account just to say that! Sending some ether your way.

I did struggle longer than expected lol,  and I use these tools daily at work and still had some idiot issues.

for newcomers trying this:
Got stuck on the trying to get it into the virtual FTP mode for about 30minutes. FLIRinstall.net was detecting only a "Ethernet IP etc "
Couldn't even connect to it with FTP? Ending using only wifi for all needed steps.

Also Got stuck on the pyton part, remember to put in the absolute path as mentioned earlier in the thread.

Windows 10 64bit
Used WIFI only
3.12.0 HW 2.0
« Last Edit: July 30, 2018, 02:25:46 pm by shenns »

The following users thanked this post: Bud

Offline bartver

• Contributor
« Reply #668 on: August 01, 2018, 01:12:35 pm »
Hello Bud,

Received my Flir E4 a few days ago from Reichelt Germany version 2.0L and 3.5.0 firmware

Followed the instructions on page 8, both basic and Advanced, worked as described.
My serialnumber has 8 digits, this confused me a bit because of changing a 9-digit number in the conf.cfg file, but using the 8-digit number did the trick.

Used Windows10 64Bit 1803, no issues oher than after disconnecting/rebooting  the unit, my system didn't connect correctly to the unit in RNDIS mode.
To solve this, open 'Network Sharing Center via setting, and then open ' Change Adapter settings', select the (virtual) Ethernet adapter and right-click Diagnose.
After a while it end with an error that no ip-adres is available, just close the window. Go into Putty/FTP and reconnect, it will work now...

Again, Thanks !!

Bart

The following users thanked this post: Bud, DaneLaw

Offline eclipse84

« Reply #669 on: August 07, 2018, 09:31:24 pm »
Well crap...it looks like my 2.0L with 3.13 did not like the hack.  I'm trying the recovery process and can't even get that to work.  I can connect with the flirinstallnet program and run the set rndis temp fif file. It says

Connected
Installation started...
Camera command usbfn RNDIS
Timeout waiting for camera response
Camera update completed

It never get's an IP that I can find.  Is there another step I'm missing?

EDIT: I'm back in.  I just had to restart my computer after installing the software... :palm:
EDIT2: Ok I put the original common.dll back in place (renamed it) and I'm back in action.  I know the one is this thread is from 3.9.  Do I need to get a more recent version somehow?
« Last Edit: August 07, 2018, 09:52:40 pm by eclipse84 »

Offline Bud

• Super Contributor
« Reply #670 on: August 08, 2018, 05:14:44 am »
I do not have a 3.13 update package. If you can make a backup copy and post a link, i can take a look when have time.

Offline eclipse84

« Reply #671 on: August 08, 2018, 01:45:56 pm »
Here is a copy of the backup.  I don't think I missed anything. Thanks for looking into this!

https://www.sendspace.com/file/zysp7y

Offline Bud

• Super Contributor
« Reply #672 on: August 09, 2018, 03:26:07 am »
Thanks for the files. The commondll.dll is fully identical to the one from v3.12.0. You should try the update package for 3.12.0 from post #478.

Offline Bud

• Super Contributor
« Reply #673 on: August 09, 2018, 01:51:06 pm »
Dear Bud. Thank you so much for the hack. I hacked my E4 with hardware 2.0L and firmware 3.12 successfully

We do not hack, we liberate. Hacking is an act of vandalism, Liberation is a mission!
 :D

Offline eclipse84

« Reply #674 on: August 09, 2018, 02:00:57 pm »
I didn't really play around with the camera before liberating it.  Is there a place I can confirm that it's 320x240 now other than picture quality?  I didn't see anything in the menu.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf