Author Topic: FLIR E4 Wifi Resolution and Menu Hack Thread  (Read 440136 times)

Offline likuidphreon

• Contributor
Re: FLIR E4 Wifi Resolution and Menu Hack Thread
« Reply #825 on: June 30, 2019, 03:25:02 am »
That's like saying "You don't want to remove the nag screen. That's fine. Could you point me to where it's located so I can do that myself instead?"
No, it's me respecting the fact that the original modder would prefer that screen stay in place and instead saying "ok, what about adding something personal to it? Could you point me in the right direction?"

Why the jadedness towards me? I'm not making money off of this, I just want to further personalize my device.

Offline Spirit532

• Frequent Contributor
    • My website
« Reply #826 on: June 30, 2019, 04:26:16 am »
Replace the .bmp boot logo if you want personalization. It's just a 320x240 image.

Offline CrashCourse

« Reply #827 on: June 30, 2019, 10:21:50 pm »
Has anyone bought one recently from Amazon. As in sold and shipped by Amazon. Want to get one but want to increase the chances of upgrading to 320x240. I'm a home DIY and a Systems Admin who is proficient in scripting languages. I'm not sure what hardware/software versions are on current models and if those can be modified yet or if at all.

Offline topnitroracer

« Reply #828 on: July 01, 2019, 10:29:58 am »
Hardware 2.0 and firmware 3.16 is the latest. And both were on the last cameras I purchased from amazon.  Same with the E5 on amazon - from amazon.

Offline topnitroracer

« Reply #829 on: July 01, 2019, 01:40:04 pm »
First of all thanks Bud and everyone who has helped on this effort. 

I have a couple questions.

#1.  Does anyone have any experience with creating .fif files to push files to be installed via FLIRInstallNet?  When I am experimenting with my camera, connecting via wifi works flawlessly.  However if I am messing about with some changes and the camera gets stuck on the logo screen and I need to connect through USB and RNDIS.  My computer can connect, but all my computers struggle with assigning an IP address.  It will eventually, but it takes a lot of fighting and wondering if it ever will – could very well be settings on my computers.  Using FLIRInstallNet can be used to install temporary, or permanent RNDIS, or remove the permanent RNDIS.  I have tired copying the process from what I could read, but I have not had any luck with it recognizing my .fif files.  I was thinking just to do it with singular files, but it would have great potential to quickly restore all files that last worked. 

#2.  Then, are there any tricks to open the Facet.rcc file?  It looks to be encrypted.  I probably do not have the right files to decrypt.

Thanks for any help.
TNR 

« Last Edit: July 02, 2019, 12:18:27 pm by topnitroracer »

Offline CrashCourse

« Reply #830 on: July 05, 2019, 05:07:46 am »
Thanks for the info just waiting for Amazon to get more in stock.

Offline BodHack

« Reply #831 on: July 08, 2019, 09:15:20 am »
Thanks to all the contributors, I can report success on an E4 2.0L (non-wifi) with firmware 3.16.

The difference is extraordinary - from a toy to a tool. Donated to eevblog (as suggested in post #811)!

The following users thanked this post: Bud

Offline aknorts

« Reply #832 on: July 10, 2019, 05:56:13 pm »
Hi, I hear about new series flir e5-xt, e6-xt, e8-xt. In this series is bigest temperature range -20°C to 400°C (was -20°C to 250°C). I want try to hack it to e8-xt. Which camera  is the cheapest, should I buy e5-xt or can I use e4 wifi? Files from this forum should work?

Offline daniel.b

« Reply #833 on: July 18, 2019, 08:18:29 am »
Hi,
I bought FLIR E4 Wifi ver.  2.0L 3.16.0.  I would like to make a hack to E8, is the procedure the same as in 3.13 step by step if I have to pick up some other .dll files

Offline Yeiquiro

« Reply #834 on: July 24, 2019, 05:23:52 am »
Hello friends, I am new, I don't know anything about programming, I have been watching some tutorials but I am confused I would like to know if I can do Downgrade of my Flir E4 camera that came with version 3.12 advanced mode naively updated to 3.16 and I lost the color palettes, MSX mode I They could help by telling me step by step how I can do the Downgrade 3.12 to have the advanced mexu and 320 X 240 resolution again I thank you infinitely for your help. Sorry for my bad English, I only speak Portuguese and Spanish.

Online Bud

• Super Contributor
« Reply #835 on: July 24, 2019, 01:29:40 pm »
I would say do not downgrade, this may make things worse. Browse this topic backwards until you find the DLL for v3.16, then repeat the original liberation process but use that DLL.
Facebook-free life and Rigol-free shack.

Offline daniel.b

« Reply #836 on: July 26, 2019, 11:05:23 am »
Bud In the case of software version 3.16, you can use procedure 3.13 by using 3.16.dll
In my case, to connect to ftp I use a wifi connection whether to leave or try to run RNDIS.
I would like to be sure not to damage the camera.

Offline Aussie Bloke

« Reply #837 on: July 26, 2019, 10:43:21 pm »
daniel.b. You can not damage it if you follow the instructions. I brought a new E4 wifi 3.16.0 2 weeks ago and applied as Bud described. Make sure you back up your files. If you have done something wrong OR decide that you want to become adventurous within the files, the backup files will be handy to you. If you can not log in to WinSCP again (this happened to me) to correct the "jammed" at startup (because you were adventurous with something important) Use the recovery user and password from page 8 to log back in and correct it. I have applied both res and advanced to the Brand new unit and aside from also having the intro nag screen that the new units have when hacked it works perfectly. The nag screen is a small price considering the quality of unit you end up with.

Offline frogg

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #838 on: July 30, 2019, 05:54:22 pm »
does anyone have mirrors for some of the old files in this thread? some of the links are broken.

Offline owlcity4

« Reply #839 on: August 01, 2019, 04:21:17 am »
I recently bought an E4 2.0L 3.13.0 thermal imaging camera. Where is the cracking tutorial? I haven't found it for a long time, thank you.

Offline agiorgitis

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #840 on: August 01, 2019, 05:21:57 am »
Hi guys, new member on the forum!
I need your advice.

I'm about to choose between Flir E4 and Flir E4 Wifi, with a price difference of around $300.
Both are converted to E8.

I don't really care about wifi connectivity (at least not enough to pay extra $300 for it). Does the wifi version have better electronics or improved thermal sensor, or a better built quality? What would you choose?
The use will be mostly for monitoring some equipment on my job for possible hot spots. If any is identified, I'll use flir tools to adjust the image and create a report, maybe 2-3 reports per month.

Thanks a lot!

Offline owlcity4

« Reply #841 on: August 01, 2019, 05:33:37 am »
I recently bought an E4 2.0L 3.13.0 thermal imaging camera. Where is the cracking tutorial?  thank you.

Online Fraser

• Super Contributor
« Reply #842 on: August 01, 2019, 12:36:35 pm »
Agiortitis

The Wi-Fi equipped Ex series camera just have the Wi-Fi radio module fitted. They are otherwise identical to the non-Wi-Fi model. The Ex  series use the same hardware platform across the range with the Wi-Fi module just plugging into the main PCB. FLIR do not operate a ‘binning’ process to select the better Microbolometers for the more expensive Ex series cameras. The Microbolometer that they use is of good quality with excellent fabrication yields so binning and SoT was deemed unnecessary.

I understand a higher temperature range Ex series is now available. That might be more useful than Wi-Fi capability ? Sadly, upon checking, the new ‘XT’ suffix cameras with higher maximum temperature specification do not include the E4. A clever marketing move by FLIR to encourage the purchase of the E5, E6 and E8 Cameras and a small counter to the E4 hack ;)

Details here.....

http://www.test-termografia.it/flir_ex-xt/ex-xt-datasheet.pdf

Fraser
« Last Edit: August 01, 2019, 12:44:24 pm by Fraser »
If I have helped you please consider a donation : https://gofund.me/c86b0a2c

The following users thanked this post: agiorgitis

Offline agiorgitis

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #843 on: August 03, 2019, 10:54:08 pm »
Great, thank Fraser!
Good to know that basically they're the same

One more thing, if I buy an unhacked E4 Wifi (which may run on 3.16), it's hackable, right?
I just follow Bud's instructions while using the file for 3.16 instead.
(I've spent quite some time reading this thread!  :-+ )

Offline CrashCourse

« Reply #844 on: August 08, 2019, 09:11:13 pm »
So I finally got one. 2.0L 3.16 Wifi off amazon.
Re-read this thread and
Replaced the common_dll.dll with the one inside the supplied common_dll_3.16.zip file
rebooted but still no go on the upgraded res

The resolution is all I need.

Any thoughts?
« Last Edit: August 08, 2019, 09:22:10 pm by CrashCourse »

Offline frogg

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #845 on: August 09, 2019, 12:30:53 am »
Resolution hack and Menu Hack success on a 2015 calibration E4, 2.3.0 firmware.

Remember: Back Everything Up Before Proceeding. I made 4 different backups in four different locations.

Used a Windows 8.1 32-bit OS Windows machine (x64 processor.)

For the most part, I used fubar.gr's FLIR e4 hacking guide. (https://fubar.gr/hacking-the-flir-e4/)

Some differences in my install:

1. My E4 would not provide DNS for my windows 8.1 box. I had to manually set the IP address of my RNDIS network adapter to 192.168.250.1 and 255.255.255.0, no gateway and no DNS (https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/flir-e4-resolution-upgrade/msg624149/#msg624149).
2. When using filezilla to connect to the Flir E4, I had to connect to IP address 192.168.250.2
3. I used janekivi's 2.3.0_menu_2014_EX_6_fix.zip file (https://www.eevblog.com/forum/thermal-imaging/flir-e4-thermal-imaging-camera-teardown/msg577970/#msg577970) - attached to this post. I don't know why, but I had to use this specific version and not the version that was in fubar's site.
4. I used the 2.3.0_Menu.fif file in janekivi's 2.3.0_menu_2014_EX_6_fix.zip file, not the version that Fubar uses in his blog.
5. The first time you pull the trigger to take a photo, you'll get an error message saying that there's no image storage. This is ok. Just pull the trigger again after a few seconds and it will work. If it doesn't work, give it a few more seconds and try it again. It will work.

The end result is amazing. This thing is absolutely amazing now. The new functions and radiometric measurement just blows me away...and big thanks to everyone who made this a reality.

One more thing...if you want an easy way to record video from your FLIR E4, use FLIRInstall to disable RNDIS on your E4. Then, cold boot your FLIR, and verify that it connects as a USB drive to your PC (UVC mode).

Once this is done, open up the "Camera" app in Windows 8 and you'll see the FLIR E4's display mirrored on your PC. You can now record videos, time lapse, etc with no issues. Cheers
« Last Edit: August 09, 2019, 07:14:58 pm by frogg »

Offline CrashCourse

« Reply #846 on: August 09, 2019, 01:03:37 am »
Stupid me.... Forgot to put the modified config in appcore. duhhhhh.
Everyone involved in the project Flipping Rocks. Awesome work!!!!!

So everyone says use 3.13 instruction on 3.16
I am assuming since 3.13 uses 3.12 menu files
then on 3.16 we use 3.12 files uploaded here

I'm getting greedy lol, want the advanced menu now that I see the res.

EDIT: NVM I took the chance and wow. Bud and everyone else involved OMG Saweeeeeeeeeeet!!!
Thanks!

« Last Edit: August 09, 2019, 01:38:12 pm by CrashCourse »

The following users thanked this post: Bud

Offline Yeiquiro

« Reply #847 on: August 09, 2019, 03:00:18 pm »
can someone give me help with this problem
my camera is a flir E4 with resolution 320 x 240 msx by mistake update to version 3.16 where I thought it was going to have some improvement where it was not like that the images were all pixelated and in poor quality I contacted the technical support of flir attended me one such Daniel Cuervo where I hurt the camera more than I was. I entered by team viewers and did the procedure and now my camera is completely in bootloader mode when you connect to the computer an ASCO unit with 23 mb comes out.
There is some solution for this problem since in Brazil or the USA they want to fix it after doing the damage.
I have not been able to work for 2 weeks this was my job and now I have no way to support my family since I depended on the camera to work

Online Bud

• Super Contributor
« Reply #848 on: August 09, 2019, 05:47:54 pm »
I think you need to accept that this stuff is too complicated for you to do by yourself and look at other options. You could find and pay someone (the outcome may not be successful), send the camera to Flir for rebuild, or sell it as non-working and add some cash and buy a new one (or a working liberated one). You may need to look what will cost you less and go ahead. This may be the quickest way to get you back on track, especially if your income depends on it.
Facebook-free life and Rigol-free shack.

Offline likuidphreon

• Contributor
« Reply #849 on: August 23, 2019, 01:41:48 pm »
So my camera was firmware 1.2L, software 2.8.
I put the camera in RNDIS mode and then realized I would need to downgrade to 2.3 software. I tried the link posted and it was dead.
So I installed the latest version of Flir Tools and saw there was a software update to 3.16, a known hackable version based on my reading.
I installed it and rebooted the camera. Everything seems fine, EXCEPT that I cannot connect to it via FTP. If I set the Flir RNDIS network adapter to an IP of 192.168.0.2, I can ping it, but I cannot live connect in Flir Tools. I get the error "CAMERA_RTREE_CONNECT ERROR" in the Log window.
When trying to run a FIF to remove RNDIS I get "RESPONSE_TIMEOUT" in FlirInstallNet

Thoughts?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf