Author Topic: FLIR E4 Wifi Resolution and Menu Hack Thread  (Read 440262 times)

Offline agiorgitis

• Regular Contributor
Re: FLIR E4 Wifi Resolution and Menu Hack Thread
« Reply #875 on: October 01, 2019, 07:16:35 pm »
I'd bet that's what neuteres the ex vs exx.
Any chance that this will help liberate Ex5 too?

Offline negative_feedback

• Contributor
« Reply #876 on: October 01, 2019, 08:23:12 pm »
I'd bet that's what neuteres the ex vs exx.
Any chance that this will help liberate Ex5 too?

Fraser said those models are new and sport Linux instead of WinCE. I doubt he can do anything, ATMs run Windows  :phew:.

--

I have a question about settings from Advanced Package 3.12 (3.16) on E4:

- In Settings -> Measurement parameters -> Alignment distance: " there are values from 0.10 to 1. They are applied to the image when selected but not acknowledged by the Menu both here or in pop-up menu (where we can read old value, 1.5 for example).

Is this a feature for close-up shooting or a bug?

Offline Bud

• Super Contributor
« Reply #877 on: October 01, 2019, 09:06:07 pm »
It is not a nag screen. It is a mitigating measure to protect unsuspecting buyers from being taken advantage of by the people wanting to make a quick buck. The buyers may naturally want to upgrade their new toy to the latest firmware and chances are they will end up with a brick. There are already failed upgrade stories in this thread lately. And it is one's guess what the user will experience if one day wants/needs to call the support line with questions about their camera features. Found a way to address the screen - great, but please keep it to yourself and not release it.
Facebook-free life and Rigol-free shack.

The following users thanked this post: FlirAl

Offline Bud

• Super Contributor
« Reply #878 on: October 01, 2019, 09:09:14 pm »
- In Settings -> Measurement parameters -> Alignment distance: " there are values from 0.10 to 1. They are applied to the image when selected but not acknowledged by the Menu both here or in pop-up menu (where we can read old value, 1.5 for example).

Is this a feature for close-up shooting or a bug?
That is a limitation, i think i talked about it before.

The following users thanked this post: negative_feedback

Offline FlirAl

• Contributor
« Reply #879 on: October 02, 2019, 11:56:55 am »

First try to patch NAG screen. kthxbye  :-DD
That's a warning not to use the official update path as it will/could render your device to a paperweight. Why would you do that is beyond my understanding. Are u selling updates on Ebay?

Does anyone here know which other series share the Ex sensors (   chipset would be nice but maybe I can dig it up somewhere)?

Al

Offline negative_feedback

• Contributor
« Reply #880 on: October 02, 2019, 04:03:58 pm »

First try to patch NAG screen. kthxbye  :-DD
That's a warning not to use the official update path as it will/could render your device to a paperweight. Why would you do that is beyond my understanding. Are u selling updates on Ebay?

Does anyone here know which other series share the Ex sensors (   chipset would be nice but maybe I can dig it up somewhere)?

Al

That was sarcasm. You went streight for firmware, instead try to contribute with something less "obvious".

Back to the topic. Has anybody tried a Hash Collision Attack against target files? CRC is prone to collisions.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2019, 07:26:35 pm by negative_feedback »

Offline street8487

• Contributor
« Reply #881 on: November 19, 2019, 12:33:39 am »
Flir E4 WIFI  2.0l fm 3.16.0 2019

|O |O
My E4 WIFI is stuck on the loading screen. I have tried the recovery method listed on this thread. I used 'set_RNDIS_temporary.fif.'

This is what FLIR Install 2 showed.

Received shell command message:
FLIR Command Line Interpreter
Version 0.4.3 running on WinCE 6.0

\>
Connected
Installation started...
Camera command usbfn RNDIS
Timeout waiting for camera response
Camera update completed

Ok

I was able to ping the unit. I then used WinSCP. Set to FTP, used listed IP Address, and listed user/password info.

I get  "No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it.
Connection failed."

i am using a laptop with Windows 10 Home. I restarted the laptop after installing all these programs.

Anyone have any idea what I am doing wrong??

Thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2019, 12:37:37 am by street8487 »

Offline Bud

• Super Contributor
« Reply #882 on: November 19, 2019, 04:11:41 am »
Is your laptop connected to a network? There may be already a device on the network with 192.168.0.2 address, causing a conflict. Unplug your laptop from the network before running the recovery procedure.

Edit: better disable all of the network adapters on the laptop as it may connect to the network through WiFi.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2019, 04:33:09 am by Bud »

Offline street8487

• Contributor
« Reply #883 on: November 19, 2019, 03:40:23 pm »
I disabled all of the network adapters, and tried again. I keep getting the same  "No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it. Connection failed."

This laptop is running windows 10 home. I tried using VirtualBox running Windows 7, but i can only run x64. Going to try that again. From what ive read, Windows 7 and XP work with this. 

At this point i just want the unit back to factory working condition.

Offline Bud

• Super Contributor
« Reply #884 on: November 21, 2019, 05:45:53 am »
Try uploading the attached file using FlirInstallNet. Do Not power on the camera when doing this. Remove the trailing ".zip" from the filename extension so the file is named 316.fif (the forum software did not allow .fif extension in attachments).

Offline street8487

• Contributor
« Reply #885 on: November 21, 2019, 11:07:36 pm »
OMG!!

:phew:

I used your file and she booted. Its working again!

Ive been stressing about this all week. I will be donating to this site.. i see you posted on how to do that too.

Thanks for all of your help :-+ :-+

Really do appreciate the help.

Thanks again
« Last Edit: November 21, 2019, 11:11:27 pm by street8487 »

The following users thanked this post: Bud

Offline darix362

« Reply #886 on: November 22, 2019, 11:02:12 pm »
Hey,

a few days ago i got my brand new Flir E5-xt (extended temperature range) with SW 3.16 and HW 2.1L. Is it still possible to hack this HW-Version with Bud's hack including the common_dll_3.16-file?
I am wondering about the new HW 2.1L and if the provided files in the forum are the right one for that?
Did someone tried the resolution and menu hack with the new HW?

I hope, you could help me.

Best regards

Offline street8487

• Contributor
« Reply #887 on: November 25, 2019, 05:31:37 am »
I wonder what kind of sensor the new xt versions are using. I see they didnt release an E4-xt. Does anyone know what the temperature range on a modded E4 is anyways?

Offline Bud

• Super Contributor
« Reply #888 on: November 25, 2019, 05:56:27 am »
Same as the original E4. Try to measure temperature of your soldering iron.

Offline darix362

« Reply #889 on: November 29, 2019, 09:47:50 pm »
So could the provided files work with the new xt models with HW 2.1L or would it be a bad idea to try this?

Would it help, if i could upload the common.dll & conf.cfg from the e5 xt?

Offline Bud

• Super Contributor
« Reply #890 on: December 26, 2019, 12:30:17 am »
Just as you happy owners of the liberated E4 thought you've seen everything your camera is capable of, here comes your

The E4 Christmas pack

A cool feature called User Presets, which adds more camera features. With user presets You define your own measurement presets. You select which measurement instruments to use, a combination of the measurement instruments, and even a number of instruments, i.e. you can have more than 1 box in combination with more than 1 spots, etc.
This feature also adds more measurements instruments such as Circle (creates measurement area within a round area) and Line (measures temperature variation along a straight line edge to edge of the screen. Keep reading for details and examples.

This liberation mod was developed and tested on the E4 WiFi camera, software v3.9.0. It may work on other newer software versions for which the original liberation procedure worked. You will try at your own risk.

To activate this feature you need to modify your conf.cfc using the same decryption/encryption procedure as during the original liberation process to add a line into it, and upload one updated XML file which will be provided. As before, this post assumes you know how to connect to the camera to read and write files so no instructions will be provided for the connectivity part.

After the reboot the Main Settings menu will have a new "Define User Presets" menu which takes you to the screen to define two user presets:

Clicking on a preset name takes you to the preset design screen. I made the screenshots using a USB port capture software and the scene image is visible. But on the camera screen there will be no scene displayed, the screen is blank and only the preset controls are visible. Not sure if this is a bug or a feature.
Every time right after you enter the preset definition screen, the cursor buttons on the camera are not responsive (must be a software bug), you have to press the center button or the trigger button to exit the screen and then go there again. This time the cursor buttons will work and you can make a selection to add a measurement.

In the below example I added a Box, moved it to the top right area, resized the box to make it a bit smaller and then added a Max measurement to it using the control menu bar at the screen bottom.

I then created a circle, resized it and added Max and Average measurements to it. Click Done icon to save changes to the profile.

I then went ahead and created a Delta function (Circle Average minus Box Max). To do this I selected the Delta icon and scrolled through the selection values to create the desired function. The delta function screen gives you all the permutations available with the measurement controls you have set up. You can use Left-Right and Up-Down camera buttons to move between the controls and make your selection. Once completed, click the down arrow icon on the parent toolbar to save the changes.

I then configured Preset 2 with a Line function. Line is a very cool feature which in displays a real time plot of temperature profile along the Line in addition to the numeric display. In this example I added a Line, positioned it and added Max, Min and Average measurement. The average measurement displays the average temperature along the Line.

After the presets are defined in the Settings menu, you can go ahead and select Preset 1 or Preset 2 from the Measurements toolbar:

Note that in the User Preset mode the two user presets replace the two righthand presets on the toolbar that were there before the mode. It is typically the Delta S and Delta T presets that get pushed out by the user presets. However, you can simply design one or the other in User Presets mode if you want them. You cannot rename User Presets however.

The following users thanked this post: capt bullshot

Offline Bud

• Super Contributor
« Reply #891 on: December 26, 2019, 12:31:32 am »
In order to implement the Christmas Pack you must have the following Pre-requisits:

• An E4 v3.9.0 liberated to Advanced level
       (higher software versions may work but not tested)
  • Know how to connect to the camera to download/upload files
  • Make a backup of your existing conf.cfc and design_ui.xml
  • Your camera's SUID
       On the camera browse to FlashIFS\FLIRVers.rsc and obtain your camera's SUID (found at the beginning of the file)
  • Download and install Python v2.7
  • Download cfccfg_v2.py
       Obtain cfccfg.zip archive:
       https://www.eevblog.com/forum/thermal-imaging/flir-e4-thermal-imaging-camera-teardown/msg596959/#msg596959
       and extract cfccfg_V2.py from it.

Use the instructions in the attachment to implement the Christmas Pack  :-/O
« Last Edit: December 26, 2019, 01:17:04 am by Bud »

The following users thanked this post: capt bullshot, Zs8192, davith, Tolek

Offline cream3000

« Reply #892 on: January 04, 2020, 07:36:31 am »
Hi,
i have a E4 wifi with HW2.0 and FW3.16.
I successfully activated the highRes with the 3.16 common dll. When i transfer the files for the ui (ui_control.rsc and the xml files) it ends in a boot screen.
I can access the camera in rndis mode and i tried to replace the ui files by the original files. With the original files the camera boots up normally and works fine with the highRes.
I dont know what to do to get the extended menu and palletes / presets working.

I followed the instructions from basic 3.12 with wifi from a xp laptop.

It seems to be a problem with the ui files i think.

Do i need additional steps not written in the instructions file in the basic package?
PLS help.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2020, 08:24:39 am by cream3000 »

Offline Marekx89

• Contributor
« Reply #893 on: January 06, 2020, 02:12:41 pm »
Hello, i'm new on forum. I have a question about Resolution and Menu hack.
I have a MODEL: E6 2.0L
S/N : 639027397
Part Number : 63902-0202
Software 3.16.0

Is possible hack to E8 ? The menu on the video I would like, exactly the same. It is possible ? Video
Code: [Select]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dP8R7FRYU0k
Thanks

Offline Bud

• Super Contributor
« Reply #894 on: January 07, 2020, 03:31:00 am »
It seems to be a problem with the ui files i think.

Do i need additional steps not written in the instructions file in the basic package?

Nothing wrong with the files, dozens if not hundreds of people have implemented the mod over the last two years. Just one page back there was a post about successfully implementing it on v3.16. Typically the people who had problems eventually figured out they made errors on their side. Make sure you have only one version of the files on the camera (do not leave renamed backup files on the camera). Also verify timestamps and size on the copied files on the camera after copying.
There is no other instructions for doing the mod.

Offline Bud

• Super Contributor
« Reply #895 on: January 07, 2020, 03:37:00 am »
Software 3.16.0

Is possible hack to E8 ? The menu on the video I would like, exactly the same. It is possible ?

It is not possible to get the EXACT same menu as in the video. You will get a much better menu. You will need to start with the Basic package BUT you must use the correct common_dll.dll file for your version of software (3.16 in your case). You can find them in this thread. Read the thread carefully. You have to do your homework.

The following users thanked this post: saqibshafiqss

Offline cream3000

« Reply #896 on: January 07, 2020, 07:04:51 am »
Hi,

i tried it again from step 16.
After replacing the ui files the cam gets stuck on boot screen.
With the original files (ui control, design_ui, facet, toolbar-config) it boots normally with high res.

What else can i try or check?

Offline Bud

• Super Contributor
« Reply #897 on: January 07, 2020, 11:06:58 pm »
You can try rolling back the change, downgrade to 3.12 or 3.9 and do liberation on that firmware version.

Offline Bud

• Super Contributor
« Reply #898 on: January 07, 2020, 11:09:25 pm »
What makes you think you run on high res right now though, can you post a radiometric image?

Offline cream3000

« Reply #899 on: January 08, 2020, 06:48:38 pm »
You can try rolling back the change, downgrade to 3.12 or 3.9 and do liberation on that firmware version.

By using the Excomb_v3.12.0.fif file?
i will give it a try.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf