Author Topic: FLIR E4 Wifi Resolution and Menu Hack Thread  (Read 442154 times)

Offline cream3000

Re: FLIR E4 Wifi Resolution and Menu Hack Thread
« Reply #900 on: January 08, 2020, 06:50:54 pm »
What makes you think you run on high res right now though, can you post a radiometric image?

i watched the image in flir tools. there was written at the resolution that it is high. i compared to some stock pictures at 80x60.

going to upload something the next days.

Offline Bud

• Super Contributor
« Reply #901 on: January 08, 2020, 07:18:13 pm »
You should go to the Archive on your camera and check image Thermal Resolution information there.
Facebook-free life and Rigol-free shack.

Offline Marekx89

• Contributor
« Reply #902 on: January 08, 2020, 08:02:25 pm »
Much better menu ? Is any preview of menu ?

Offline Bud

• Super Contributor
« Reply #903 on: January 08, 2020, 09:13:25 pm »
You did not bother reading this thread?

The following users thanked this post: KONNEX

Offline Sandro_Clegane

« Reply #904 on: January 09, 2020, 01:30:46 am »
Sup?

I'm not the guy you replied to, but I just wanted to say two things. Firstly, your work on this thread is amazing and I can't thank you enough. As someone who may purchase a Flir camera down the line this is priceless.

Secondly, reading through the WHOLE thread may be out of reach for some, I know it is for me, I get back home and only get about an hour or two to spare, there's 37 pages (and counting) here. Maybe a nice index/summary at the top of page one would be useful to avoid these kinds of questions in the future.

Offline Bud

• Super Contributor
« Reply #905 on: January 09, 2020, 02:39:58 am »
Thank you. But we are not running a business here with a customer support team. Forums are free flowing discussions and individual contributors who are just like you go to work every day. Readers who are determined get rewarded for their efforts. I knew at the very beginning people will start asking for it, and I said they will have to do their homework and will not be spoon fed.

Offline cream3000

« Reply #906 on: January 09, 2020, 06:37:01 am »
[/img]
You should go to the Archive on your camera and check image Thermal Resolution information there.

is it 320x240?

Offline Bud

• Super Contributor
« Reply #907 on: January 09, 2020, 02:38:06 pm »
This image is not from an E4, is it?
Secondly, this is a blended image (mix of thermal and visual)  it is hard to assess.
Thirdly, you have to check the image Properties or Information in the Archive on the camera. There is a screen that tells you the Thermal Resolution and visual image resolution.

Offline Bud

• Super Contributor
« Reply #908 on: January 10, 2020, 04:23:39 am »
I guess you provided an image after you loaded it in Flir software and playing around with it. Here is the extracted raw thermal image, it is 320x240.

Offline Marekx89

• Contributor
« Reply #909 on: January 12, 2020, 09:26:02 am »
Ok, i have a upgrade menu, but add sketch in edit mode is not work good, cannot draw sketch. Whats a problem ?

Offline Bud

• Super Contributor
« Reply #910 on: January 12, 2020, 07:40:42 pm »
The problem is you did not say what your problem is.

Edit: I've noticed you said your camera is E6. This thread and the liberation procedure is for E4 camera.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2020, 07:50:15 pm by Bud »

Offline ScopeGuardPony

« Reply #911 on: January 13, 2020, 10:08:48 pm »
Brand new user/brand new owner.

Got an E4 2.0L w/3.16.0 firmware from Amazon today, and for those still thinking about buying one I purchased what I THOUGHT was Non-Wifi (s'what it said on https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0115XR01C/)

I was pleasantly surprised to see "Wifi" on the box label, so either I got lucky or Amazon's goofing when it comes to their models.   The part # on mine is 63906-0604.

Currently browsing go through the thread to find all the files/instructions necessary with the 3.16 version.   Already snagged the Common DLL and backed up everything with WinSCP (Filezilla refused to work with Drag & Drop), so it's on to trying to do the configuration files next.

Wish me luck.

Offline ScopeGuardPony

« Reply #912 on: January 14, 2020, 01:14:29 am »
Welp, got the resolution hack working, attempted to upload the christmas pack however the design_ui.xml doesn't exist in the 3.16.0 edition, only design_ui_z3.xml.

Edited the code of that one, uploaded aaaaaand..    stuck on boot screen.

I've gotten everything backed up including that file, but due to it being stuck on the loading screen it won't connect to WIFI, however FlirInstall is still operational.

So if anyone has a FIF that could replace FlashBFS\system\ui.d\design_ui_z3.xml that'd be faaaantastic because that is really all I need.

Edit:  Nevermind I got iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit!

Recalled that a FIF file is just a renamed .zip file with a command file along with the files that are to be replaced, so I created my own zip file and edited the Camera.cmd file to match what was needed.   Said my prayers, fired it up, watched in anticipation as the splash screen appeared...     and then after a flicker the splash screen with the "This Product is subject to US Export Regulations" popped up.

Needless to say, I did a rather..  boisterous cheer.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2020, 04:36:36 am by ScopeGuardPony »

Offline Bud

• Super Contributor
« Reply #913 on: January 14, 2020, 07:51:10 am »
Sounds like you did not do the Advanced pack before trying the Christmas pack? The instructions for the Christmas pack say the Advanced pack is a pre-requisit.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2020, 07:52:57 am by Bud »

Offline ScopeGuardPony

« Reply #914 on: January 14, 2020, 04:59:21 pm »
I did, actually.  Added medical.pal/toolbar-config.xml/etc.

I think I may have ended up not doing the Basic the whole way as there was no design_ui.xml when I did it, only design_ui_z3.xml which came with the camered.  Adding design_ui.xml in the Advanced made no difference.

MY dumb self opened both files in Notepad++ (highly recommended software, btw) but I only really skimmed through so I noticed only a couple differences in the coding (and dimissing that one was 20kb larger than the other) before renaming the Christmas Pack design_ui.xml to design_ui_z3.xml and uploaded, and that's what caused it to freeze.

Offline Bud

• Super Contributor
« Reply #915 on: January 14, 2020, 05:18:26 pm »
The instructions for the Advanced pack say the Basic one have to be installed first. Your problem was because you jumped all over the place making assumptions.

Offline Bud

• Super Contributor
« Reply #916 on: January 14, 2020, 05:38:45 pm »
To new users:

follow the instructions to the letter to save yours and everyone else's time. If there are Pre-requisite requirements, do them first, they were put there for a reason. Any deviations and you are on your own.

Offline ScopeGuardPony

« Reply #917 on: January 14, 2020, 05:42:45 pm »
Indeed.   Tends to happen when I get excited about something (and when I have multiple things open at the same time) so I can lose my place.

...On another note, is it normal for the device to pause for 'Calibrating.." every thirty seconds or so during use?
« Last Edit: January 14, 2020, 05:45:04 pm by ScopeGuardPony »

Offline Marekx89

• Contributor
« Reply #918 on: January 15, 2020, 06:47:02 pm »
ok, is possible set RNDIS from menu permanent ? I flash RNDIS permanent, but not select USB mode, still RNDIS. What is wrong ?

Offline Bud

• Super Contributor
« Reply #919 on: January 16, 2020, 08:11:51 am »
You cant change USB/RNDIS from the menu. Flir disabled that long time ago. This has nothing to do with the mod.

Offline Bud

• Super Contributor
« Reply #920 on: January 16, 2020, 08:14:28 am »
...On another note, is it normal for the device to pause for 'Calibrating.." every thirty seconds or so during use?
Whe you start the camera it does it often but as the camera warms up calibration becomes less often.

Offline Kontrollturm

« Reply #921 on: January 16, 2020, 07:37:01 pm »
Worked perfectly for me with an 2.0L / 3.16 in Germany. I also liberated an E50 / 4.12 to higher resolution. Amazing!  :)

The following users thanked this post: Bud

Offline Maxxpower

« Reply #922 on: January 18, 2020, 06:04:59 pm »
Please forgive me in advance if I ask a dumb question that has already been answered but there are a few E4 threads with hundreds of posts...
I have an E4 wifi that I successfully hacked (E4 2.0L 3.16)
Before the hack, the pictures saved on the device were 320x240 pixels, after the hack the images are still 320x240 pixels.
Is this correct?
Everything tells me the hack was successful but now I'm confused.

Offline Fraser

• Super Contributor
« Reply #923 on: January 18, 2020, 06:37:08 pm »
The Ex series always produce a 320 x 240 pixel output, no matter what the the actual thermal image resolution may be. It is just upscaling. The true thermal image resolution may be seen in the FLIR Tools program in the image properties. If such shows 80 x 60, you know the resolution is not increased above a standard E4, if 320 x 240, the upgrade has worked and you have QVGA resolution on the E4.

Fraser
If I have helped you please consider a donation : https://gofund.me/c86b0a2c

Offline Fraser

• Super Contributor
« Reply #924 on: January 18, 2020, 06:46:22 pm »
Your images do not look like 320 x 240 thermal images to my eyes. Turn off the MSX overlay to see just the thermal image without the visible light detail That makes the image look better than it really is in the thermal domain.

Fraser
If I have helped you please consider a donation : https://gofund.me/c86b0a2c

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf