Author Topic: FLIR E4 Wifi Resolution and Menu Hack Thread  (Read 436304 times)

Offline mario.ti

• Contributor
Re: FLIR E4 Wifi Resolution and Menu Hack Thread
« Reply #300 on: November 09, 2017, 09:10:38 am »
MicroBliss -  i have the same issue. I just hardreset the cam (unplug the battery for coupple minute), and reconect to usb
Note that after each rebootnig camera, you have to re-run RNDIS mode, then filezilla will have no problem; Or at least I had that :)

Offline Squawk

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #301 on: November 09, 2017, 11:12:43 am »
Well, jumped in on an E4 after following this thread, and what do I receive? An 1.2L/2.11 E4. Not what I expected. Apparently the 2016 E4's are still around...

Now I have some questions:
- Is there any reason to prefer the 2017 non-wifi E4 with 2.0 hardware over the 1.2L hardware?
- Will the hack for 3.9.0 also work on the 1.2L hardware?

I'd hate to miss out on all the extra goodies of the 3.9.0 hack... will this be 'backported' in the future?

I'm not sure if it's reasonable to demand a swap for a 2017 version. The one I received came with a completely flat battery, it needed an hour on the charger before any signs of life of the unit.

I see you're also from NL.
I did get the 2.0L version with 3.9.0 firmware, but my battery also came in flat. Not the best thing for a Lithium battery, unless the E4 has a battery protection feature to completely shut down when it reaches less than 15%.
Either way, if you decide to return this one (wet kopen op afstand) to get a 2017 version, I got mine here:
http://nl.rs-online.com/web/p/thermal-imaging-cameras/8481365/

Offline MicroBliss

« Reply #302 on: November 09, 2017, 05:17:19 pm »
MicroBliss -  i have the same issue. I just hardreset the cam (unplug the battery for coupple minute), and reconect to usb
Note that after each rebootnig camera, you have to re-run RNDIS mode, then filezilla will have no problem; Or at least I had that :)

Thanks, but didnt help

hi
I cant connect my flir
I have already done backup, but on the other day I cant connect by filezilla or ever PC cant see it like usb flashcard.
when I plug in flir in PC: ''configuring terma cam...   camera ip adress 192.168.1.2... connecting to 192.168.1.2 Please wait...''
Flir E5 fw 3.9.0
Try "recovery procedure" https://www.eevblog.com/forum/thermal-imaging/flir-e4-wifi-resolution-and-menu-hack-thread/msg1336326/#msg1336326 to connect the camera and access files etc.
Or try remove your wired network from the computer before connecting the camera, sometimes rebooting windows before connecting the camera helps.

BEWARE: Bud's package is for the E4 model. Anything else is at your own risk and not supported here, as applying the package to the E4 is at your own risk anyway.

When I Load FLIRInstallNet: Under Camera I should see FLIR USB video, but I see ..."conecting by local net(close to this in english)192.168.0.2". And when i run temporary RNDIS fif file, I see "response_timeout".

Offline MicroBliss

« Reply #303 on: November 09, 2017, 05:47:52 pm »
"\\IRCAM4953\Images
Information = 53
no network path was found(close to it in english)"

perhaps when i did backup i cut folder?

Offline Squawk

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #304 on: November 09, 2017, 05:59:20 pm »
Bud, sorry to take up your time with my questions.
But if you have the opportunity, could you look at this:

On my camera I have the following “Measurement” options”
- No Measurements
- Center Spot
- Hot Spot (center spot & hottest spot within the brackets)
- Cold Spot (center spot & coldest spot within the brackets)
- 3 Spots (3 spots next to each other, the middle one like the normal center spot)
- Hot Spot – Spot (center spot & hottest spot within the brackets & ?T between those two)
- Hot Spot – Temp (hottest spot within the brackets & user pre-set Temp & ?T between those two)

When I check your “Basic Hack” files, in the ui.d/presets.d folder, I find these .rsc files:
- preset_centerHotColdSpot
- preset_centerspot
- preset_deltaSpot
- preset_deltaTemp
- preset_fiveSpots
- preset_hotColdSpot
- preset_nomeasure
- preset_threeSpots
- preset_twoHotSpots

Why are not all measurement options showing on my camera?
(Or are they not supposed to yet, but part of the advanced hack?)

I was also wondering, if during your feature discovering journey you have stumbled on a function that can be unlocked to have this feature:
Center Spot & Hottest Spot & Coldest Spot within the brackets
and :
Either be able to resize the brackets, or have them cover a larger area than they are now with the “Hot Spot” and “Cold Spot” functions?

And if not, would it be possible to adjust the text in the .rsc files to construct my own preset and just (re)name that to for example “preset_threeSpots”, since I won’t be using the “threeSpots” function?
Or are these .rcs files not adjustable this way and need their operation be facilitated in some other part of the software?

Other thing I was wondering is about the autoNUC.

Although OrBy’s method of (temporarily) disabling the autoNUC function by means of running the .fif file works, sometimes the camera freezes and I have to (hard) reset it (by holding the ON/OFF button 6 seconds and removing the battery for a few seconds). Then the camera looses this feature and autoNUC is back at it..

When this happens while I’m away from my PC, I can’t get it back.

Some camera’s, like the WIRIS Gen 2, allow you to change the autoNUC mode in the settings menu, where you can choose between “auto”, “every 1 minute”, “every 5 minutes” and “manual”.
Have you come across such similar function or feature while discovering and unlocking the E4 possibilities?
« Last Edit: November 09, 2017, 06:01:22 pm by Squawk »

Offline MicroBliss

« Reply #305 on: November 09, 2017, 06:30:56 pm »
Conected by "Recovery procedure" (user: anonymous, pass: NcFTP@ ). Load bakup. Didnt help.
"\\IRCAM4953\Images
Information = 1231
network folder is not available(close to it in english)..."

Offline capt bullshot

• Super Contributor
    • Mostly useless stuff, but nice to have: wunderkis.de
« Reply #306 on: November 09, 2017, 08:18:24 pm »
Conected by "Recovery procedure" (user: anonymous, pass: NcFTP@ ). Load bakup. Didnt help.
"\\IRCAM4953\Images
Information = 1231
Sorry, didn't give you full instructions: Use "Recovery procedure" to connect, do not upload backup now but rather apply the patches then as written, you can probably skip the part with telnet and stopapp.
Ignore the messages about "\\IRCAM4953\Images "
Based on my experience that RNDIS connection to the camera works more reliably on my PC when initiated like "recovery procedure" than in "normal mode". Both give access to all the files you need to upload to apply the patches.
Safety devices hinder evolution

The following users thanked this post: MicroBliss

Offline CABNY

• Contributor
« Reply #307 on: November 10, 2017, 12:24:30 am »

I uploaded the three spot fix (check post #218)

Place the downloaded file in /FlashBFS/system/ui.d/presets.d/  and it should work for you.  Make sure you backup the old file before replacing it.

Offline Bud

• Super Contributor
« Reply #308 on: November 10, 2017, 12:27:43 am »
"\\IRCAM4953\Images
Information = 1231

I've already told you this message is irrelevant to the liberation procedure. Not sure why you can't pass your concern. If you want to get it working then please do not post it here and open another thread.
Facebook-free life and Rigol-free shack.

Offline Bud

• Super Contributor
« Reply #309 on: November 10, 2017, 12:43:14 am »
Quote from: Squawk

There are things other than just the config file that affect that. Advanced package does not add anything there.

And if not, would it be possible to adjust the text in the .rsc files to construct my own preset and just (re)name that to for example “preset_threeSpots”, since I won’t be using the “threeSpots” function?
Or are these .rcs files not adjustable this way and need their operation be facilitated in some other part of the software?

I did not try to adjust but it should work, the rsc files with the box tool should have the box dimensions definef in the rsc, just give it a try.

Some camera’s, like the WIRIS Gen 2, allow you to change the autoNUC mode in the settings menu, where you can choose between “auto”, “every 1 minute”, “every 5 minutes” and “manual”.
Have you come across such similar function or feature while discovering and unlocking the E4 possibilities?

No i have not seen such feature in the menu.
Facebook-free life and Rigol-free shack.

The following users thanked this post: Squawk

Online Fraser

• Super Contributor
« Reply #310 on: November 10, 2017, 12:58:56 am »
I just became the owner of a FLIR ETS320. It is basically an E8 chassis in a desk mounted inspection role.

Looking at the video reviews it appears to be loaded with firmware 3.50. Whilst it is already 320 x 240 pixels displayed, I suspect the noise generator is still present and doing its filthy work to degrade the image. The available menu options are also a little limited.

I think I will have to install firmware 3.9 and have a play with the E4 upgrade to see if I can customise the ETS320 a little  :)

It will take a couple of weeks to arrive with me, but in that time I can study the latest upgrade approach and see if it will work with an E8 chassis.

Fraser
« Last Edit: November 10, 2017, 01:19:24 am by Fraser »
If I have helped you please consider a donation : https://gofund.me/c86b0a2c

Offline Summer

« Reply #311 on: November 10, 2017, 11:44:55 am »
My Flir E4 non Wifi model 2.0L firmware  3.9.0.

can I Resolution and Menu Hack Thread ,

Is there a way so I can upgrade Flir......?

Offline capt bullshot

• Super Contributor
« Reply #312 on: November 10, 2017, 11:56:36 am »

Offline Squawk

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #313 on: November 10, 2017, 12:35:05 pm »
Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions Bud!  :)

Quote from: Squawk

There are things other than just the config file that affect that. Advanced package does not add anything there.

But if 'only':

- preset_deltaSpot
- preset_deltaTemp
- preset_threeSpots

are usable, why did we also have to copy:

- preset_centerHotColdSpot
- preset_fiveSpots
- preset_hotColdSpot
- preset_twoHotSpots

into the "ui.d/presets.d folder"?

Or are those functions that, if we were to rename them to a 'slot' we don't need (for example rename "preset_fiveSpots" to "preset_threeSpots") would enable us to have that function?

Would it not be possible to get a 'double row' of options, much like the color palette options?

« Last Edit: November 10, 2017, 12:39:31 pm by Squawk »

Offline Squawk

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #314 on: November 10, 2017, 12:37:38 pm »

can I Resolution and Menu Hack Thread ,

Is there a way so I can upgrade Flir......?

Yes!  :)

I have a non-WiFi E4, model 2.0L and firmware 3.9.0 and it works.

Offline Squawk

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #315 on: November 11, 2017, 01:03:08 am »
To whoever is interested:

Apparently, there are only 7 'slots' available for the menu item "Measurement".
Therefore if you want a new/different function, one has to sacrifice an existing function by renaming the desired function to the sacrificed one.

I've decided to utilize the "preset_threeSpots.rsc" function
This is a 3 Spot temperature measure function (3 spots close next to each other) without a way to move these points.
I had no real use for this function.

Instead I preferred to have the "preset_centerHotColdSpot.rsc" function, which shows this:

(Center) spot temp
Hottest spot in the box
Coldest spot in the box

So I renamed "preset_centerHotColdSpot.rsc" to "preset_threeSpots.rsc".
I also modded the .rsc file so the box size within which the hottest and coldest are displayed is larger.

NOTE: Make sure you backup the original "preset_threeSpots.rsc" file, in case you want to revert back to this measurement function!

Make a connection to the PC via the usual way and connect to the camera via FTP.
Overwriting the existing "preset_threeSpots.rsc", the included "preset_threeSpots.rsc" file should be copied to:

\FlashBFS\system\ui.d\presets.d

(edit: added sample picture of this preset.)
« Last Edit: November 11, 2017, 10:37:42 pm by Squawk »

The following users thanked this post: mrubbert, anton610

Offline MicroBliss

« Reply #316 on: November 11, 2017, 09:38:28 am »
My E5 2.0L fw 3.9.0 without Wi-Fi has hacked, but it complicated conect to PC. It need nard reset to Flir and reset PC, and only by FTP.
Also when turn on Flir I see that "This device has unseported softwear...", but it works.

Thanks Bud
thanks all

How can i see that resolution has changed?) Images before had 320x240, and after 320x240.

The following users thanked this post: chang1

Offline capt bullshot

• Super Contributor
« Reply #317 on: November 11, 2017, 10:10:36 am »
Also when turn on Flir I see that "This device has unseported softwear...", but it works.
How can i see that resolution has changed?) Images before had 320x240, and after 320x240.
The message is added on purpose by Bud's hack, to indicate the camera doesn't run official firmware.
Make a snapshot, the view the snapshot with the camera, look into details, somewhere it says "Thermal resolution", that should indicate 320x240 now.

The following users thanked this post: MicroBliss

Offline p5ycho

« Reply #318 on: November 11, 2017, 11:16:15 am »
... will this be 'backported' in the future?

Sorry we are not running a full time business operation here.
Of course, I understand that this is something you have spent a lot of free time on and your effort is very much appreciated. I'm not asking you to do a backport, it's your free time and you should spend it as you please.
What iI was asking is if it would be a reasonable assumption that with some extra effort this could be done, or that it cannot be done because of, for example, some blocking hardware difference.

I'm also trying to figure out if the Flir E4 2.0 hardware is an actual improvement over the 1.2. The 1.2L can also be patched to firmware 3.9.0 if i'm not mistaken, so I figured that the 1.2L hardware might eventually also be supported on firmware 3.9.0.

For the RNDIS connection, I had to manually set the IP and gateway to be able to connect. auto configuration is very unreliable, it only worked once out of 20+ attempts.

edit:
.calib.nrdp.ds250C_we_ap_fi_le.measureInfo.temporalMk double 13.196414
That's an ok noise figure I guess  :)
« Last Edit: November 11, 2017, 11:23:52 am by p5ycho »

Offline Summer

« Reply #319 on: November 11, 2017, 06:59:36 pm »

Is this a success?

Power on the camera and see if you now have 320x240 resolution working.  <=== step 15 , I see is 80x60 , how to I check resolution

I skipped the step 15 and proceeded to step 16. Now the resolution shows 320X240 by itself without me editing anything. Did I succeed in the hacking?

« Last Edit: November 11, 2017, 08:54:41 pm by Summer »

Offline Squawk

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #320 on: November 11, 2017, 10:23:03 pm »
@ Summer:

Yes, your hack was succesful!  :)

Step 15 is not really a step you have to do. It is more a check if the hack worked so far.
And it did. Both your resolution and the options you now have to select different color pallets, confirms that.

Offline Myself

• Contributor
« Reply #321 on: November 12, 2017, 12:17:33 am »
Of course, I understand that this is something you have spent a lot of free time on and your effort is very much appreciated.

You know, I should take a moment to echo this, and add my gratitude as well. For Bud specifically, but also for the whole rowdy bunch of hackers in here. And for the folks at Flir who continue to put such top-end hardware into a nice affordable little package!  :-DD

I ordered my E4 Wifi just before the upgrade package was published, so that actually happened while my unit was in transit. It arrived, and within minutes (after letting the battery charge), I was able to unlock all this additional functionality without a hitch, following exquisitely detailed directions, from a clever fellow who put a ton of time into this, standing on the shoulders of a truly insane thread where a bunch of other clever people put a ton of time into the last hack.

Without these developments and the downward price-pressure they exerted on the whole market starting in 2014, I think reasonable-quality thermal imaging would still be out of reach for a great many of us. Now there are several good options, and we as hobbyists have never had it so good.

I think for every noob who finds the Post button more convenient than the Search button, and for every scumbag profiting from this hack on fleaBay, there are countless more of us quietly enjoying the fruits of Bud's labor. (And hopefully doing even more cool stuff with the time we saved not having to do this one from scratch.)

:-+

The following users thanked this post: Bud, Squawk, MicroBliss

Offline Summer

« Reply #322 on: November 12, 2017, 04:37:56 am »
@ Summer:

Yes, your hack was succesful!  :)

Step 15 is not really a step you have to do. It is more a check if the hack worked so far.
And it did. Both your resolution and the options you now have to select different color pallets, confirms that.

Thank you very much

The following users thanked this post: Squawk

Offline Den_teh

« Reply #323 on: November 14, 2017, 10:08:16 am »
How does the update work from Bud to flir e4 without wifi? or are there any problems?

Offline morbis55

« Reply #324 on: November 14, 2017, 08:26:46 pm »
How does the update work from Bud to flir e4 without wifi? or are there any problems?

Read the freakin' thread, it has already been said a dozen times. Can't be that hard to go through the last few pages.

Btw wanted to tell my gratitudes to Bud, everything worked for me too.
Also thanks to Squawk for the center+hot+coldspot preset.

The following users thanked this post: Bud, Squawk

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf