Author Topic: FLIR E4 Wifi Resolution and Menu Hack Thread  (Read 436412 times)

Offline Bud

• Super Contributor
Re: FLIR E4 Wifi Resolution and Menu Hack Thread
« Reply #550 on: January 28, 2018, 03:05:15 pm »
Horizontal misalignment may be a manufacturing defect. You can roll back the change and if it still there you better ask for a replacement camera or repair under warranty.
Facebook-free life and Rigol-free shack.

Offline caipiao

• Contributor
« Reply #551 on: January 28, 2018, 05:22:24 pm »
is it not just some calibration issue? I have recalculated all the C0 and C1s. Just can't compute the right CRC...

Yes it's still there after rolling back to the 80x60 darkness...  :-//
« Last Edit: January 28, 2018, 05:28:21 pm by caipiao »

Offline David C

• Contributor
« Reply #552 on: January 28, 2018, 06:01:56 pm »
I too experience horizontal misalignment, however it might be due to a hardware limitation, since the misalignment is very significant on a image with important focal subjects despite the MSX adjustment being set to >3m and misalignment happening from anywhere within 1m to +20m. It would be interesting to have a manual realignment of MSX on the horizontal plane too, as well as being able to specify the alignement distance in Flir Tools also.

Offline caipiao

• Contributor
« Reply #553 on: January 28, 2018, 06:23:49 pm »
hopefully not too limiting! I just got the CRC bits to work - rookie mistake on line break type - so will be checking if can get it to align a bit better by changing the C0 and C1s in the calib file...

Offline David C

• Contributor
« Reply #554 on: January 29, 2018, 01:08:01 am »
I just went trough the procedure of horizontal MSX alignement, I did a rough calibration but I was more concerned about actually being able to tune the X offset rather than achieving perfect alignement right away.

I started by connecting my laptop to the E4 wifi broadcast and then using Putty to connect trough Telnet protocol (192.168.64.1, port 23).

To find out the current xpanVal of the camera, I entered rls .image.fusion.xpanVal

I was returned a value of 15, which I then changed to 10 by entering rset. image.fusion.xpanVal 10

The horizontal offset moved to the left, and was very close to perfect alignement. However the xpanVal gets reset when you take a picture or when the camera auto-calibrate, so it's kind of a pain to find the perfect value in a rush.

I then made a copy of my calib.rsc file from my backup folder and renamed it calib_old.rsc and edited the calib.rsc file to change the C1X value from 15.75798etc to 10. I deleted the last line of the file (# CRC32 2jvh2232etc) and saved the file. I installed 7-zip and with a right click on the recently changed calib.rsc file, choosing the CRC option from the window explorer menu, then CRC32 check and it gave me the new CRC32 for the file. Wrote the CRC down and then open the file and wrote it down at the end (# CRC32 etc). Saved the file and then connected to my E4 wifi again and using WINSPC FTP program, I connected to 192.168.64.1, username flir, password 3vlig trough FTP protocol. I went to the camera FlashFS/System/calib.rsc and made a new copy of it to my computer before replacing it with the new calib.rsc file. Then click disconnect, power down the camera, remove battery and power back up and voila.

Offline David C

• Contributor
« Reply #555 on: January 29, 2018, 04:19:19 am »
This is what it looks like now with the realignment, before hand thermal blending always felt off and awkward, now it's close to perfect.

Offline drewsaster

« Reply #556 on: January 30, 2018, 07:29:08 am »
If there is some way I can send you ethereum for this let me know! I'm hugely grateful for the effort and risk you put forth Bud, you're the reason I just purchased an E4 WiFi today!

The following users thanked this post: Bud

Offline warcow

« Reply #557 on: January 31, 2018, 03:13:37 pm »
Trying to get the basic working on my 3.12.0 Flir E4 without wifi. With RNDIS I don't always get a decent ip con the camera. After the common.dll replacement and reset I don't get a ip anymore. (I used to get something like 169.254.18.75 on the camera and once 192.168.02)

Now the ethernet connection doesnt receive anything and the ip I get is 169.0.18.74 and the camera has nothing. (no gateway)

I tried both temp as perm RNDIS methods, at the moment the FLIRInstallNet can't even connect to the camera anymore. (Can't remove RNDIS permanent)

Anybody knows what is going on here? I already tried a hard-reset.

EDIT: reset of my pc helped, maybe I did not close the Telnet connection after doing the stopapp. Got full resolution now, thanks a lot for the effort put into this! :)
« Last Edit: January 31, 2018, 03:27:54 pm by warcow »

Offline DaveWBTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #558 on: February 01, 2018, 07:09:30 am »
He takes bitcoin if you look a couple pages back ;)

Offline Alexx177

« Reply #559 on: February 18, 2018, 09:37:16 am »
Everything went fine with 3.12.0 FlirE4 no Wifi with Buds "basic package". Thanks a lot to all in the blog (Bud!!), very good work, excellent!  :-+
Concerning the "advanced package" I noticed, that the file names of the original camera setup are different from that mentioned in Buds files (they have a "_z3" added at the end of the filename, look at the screenshot). I tried to rename and update, but that leads to "anonymus" FTP work... (no password needed at my camera model!).
Possibly I have a new software version unkown yet?  :-// It was bought some weeks ago, file dates are 31.10.2017 at the mentioned files.

Update:
ThankĀ“s a lot, everything is working well with 3.12.0, advanced and basic mode. Only problem is the connection with Windows10 64bit. I switched to a laptop Windows7 64bit, problems are gone completely.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2018, 07:57:40 pm by Alexx177 »

Offline Bud

• Super Contributor
« Reply #560 on: February 18, 2018, 06:29:16 pm »
Do not touch the _z3 files, they have to be left there untouched for the camera to boot.

Offline WhiteAndBlue

• Contributor
« Reply #561 on: February 21, 2018, 06:56:50 am »
Modded common_dll file from 3.12 update package in case someone need it. (7Zip archive)
Sorry didn't see untill now that BUD already post it some time ago

LE: I have a C2 camera. How can I set below and above temps, I have no extra buttons on camera? Any chance to use the temp bar as a slider, because that box is very tiny?
« Last Edit: February 21, 2018, 07:28:58 am by WhiteAndBlue »

Offline Bud

• Super Contributor
« Reply #562 on: February 21, 2018, 04:25:59 pm »
Sorry this thread is for E4. Please open a separate thread for your C2 to avoid confusions.

Offline David C

• Contributor
« Reply #563 on: February 22, 2018, 03:07:44 am »
Hey Bud, look what I found with Spirit right this moment. This is on my E4 wifi advanced package and spirit down arrow key press to open his custom menu. When I hit back to close his menu, I'm stuck with this screen and the down button nor any other button will dismiss it. Have to reboot the camera, since even after killing Spirit's exe process the down button would work on your popup.

Never seen it before either.

Offline WhiteAndBlue

• Contributor
« Reply #564 on: February 22, 2018, 06:45:05 am »
Sorry this thread is for E4. Please open a separate thread for your C2 to avoid confusions.

Yes I know it's for E4. I mentioned my camera for you to understand that I don't have any extra buttons and If it's possible to use temp bar as a slider, didn't ask for someone to do it for me. I'm new to this cameras.

Last request is using your Advanced 3.12 how can I get rid of the startup message and that yellow spot?

Anyway I will stop posting here (in this tread) if I bother.
Thanks to all for contributions.

LE: could someone provide me a full backup of E4 camera (FlashBFS, FlashFS, FlashIFS(no pic inside))? SN could be removed from files, I don't need any SN. Thanks
« Last Edit: February 22, 2018, 06:52:10 am by WhiteAndBlue »

Offline Bud

• Super Contributor
« Reply #565 on: February 22, 2018, 08:00:05 am »
Sorry I have no clue what that yellow spot is...must be specific to C2 camera. This package is for E4, i have no knowledge using it on any other camera.
As I explained from the beginning on page 8 the splash screen is a reminder that no firmware update should be performed, you will have to live with it if you want to use E4 liberation package.

Offline Bud

• Super Contributor
« Reply #566 on: February 22, 2018, 08:11:32 am »
Hey Bud, look what I found with Spirit right this moment. This is on my E4 wifi advanced package and spirit down arrow key press to open his custom menu. When I hit back to close his menu, I'm stuck with this screen and the down button nor any other button will dismiss it. Have to reboot the camera, since even after killing Spirit's exe process the down button would work

My guess is Spirit's menu steals the focus from this popup that is why you can't close it. You have to work with Spirit to resolve this key press conflict. Better use a non modded camera for your tests.

Offline Bud

• Super Contributor
« Reply #567 on: February 22, 2018, 02:51:59 pm »

There is lots of newbies coming here for information on E4, mixing camera types in one thread may confuse them. Better keep it separate.

Offline David C

• Contributor
« Reply #568 on: February 22, 2018, 04:35:27 pm »

My guess is Spirit's menu steals the focus from this popup that is why you can't close it. You have to work with Spirit to resolve this key press conflict. Better use a non modded camera for your tests.

What I'm saying is that isn't your startup splash screen as we know it. I still get your splash screen at startup that automatically go away after a few seconds, and I've never seen the one I just show you.

On top of not being able to bring that screen up under normal use of my E4, I can't even dismiss it using the down button after shutting down Spirit's process and having the camera working properly, which seems to point to a remnant from your beta versions that was forgotten in there. Any reason why this popup would still be there while normal operation of the camera would never bring it up ?

Offline Bud

• Super Contributor
« Reply #569 on: February 22, 2018, 04:46:58 pm »
As I said, most likely Spirit's application grabs focus and does not retun it to that popup when you shut down Spirit's application. Any key presses are passed to the screen element that has current focus. If the popup loses focus it can't process key press events. You are trying to layer an application on top of other application on top of main application. My recommendation is - test your stuff on a non modded camera to prevent interference.

Offline sata-sata

• Contributor
« Reply #570 on: February 22, 2018, 05:17:30 pm »
good afternoon . Please explain in more detail the last points of hacking. stuck on them . 9-10 . firmware 3.9.0
------------------------------------------------

9. With Telnet and FTP connected:
   a) In Telnet enter this command:

stopapp   

b) Using FTP program rename FlashBFS\system\common_dll.dll on the camera to common_dll_org.dll

10. Transfer the new common_dll.dll from the working folder to the camera -> FlashBFS\system\

------------------
9. in my case PuTTY does not respond to the stopapp command.  node 192.168.0.2 is available . ping o.k.
although PuTTY and FileZilla see FLIR E4. I have known this program before.
PS . unfortunately google translator confuses me
« Last Edit: February 22, 2018, 07:39:48 pm by sata-sata »

Offline DaveWBTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #571 on: February 22, 2018, 05:23:20 pm »
in Cmd type the following: telnet 192.168.0.2 (or whatever your camera ip is)

Telnet has to be enabled on your computer, you can google how to do that

Offline Bud

• Super Contributor
« Reply #572 on: February 22, 2018, 05:33:49 pm »
@sata-sata. google "fubar e4" and give it a read.

Offline WhiteAndBlue

• Contributor
« Reply #573 on: February 22, 2018, 05:39:35 pm »

There is lots of newbies coming here for information on E4, mixing camera types in one thread may confuse them. Better keep it separate.
OK,no problem.
Can you help me please with a full dump from E4, here or on PM. Thanks.
Solved that yellow spot,  I had some other lines on my cfg file. That startup message is from facet.rcc, with other rcc files doesn't show up. I will investigate more.
Code: [Select]
.caps.config.direction entry
.caps.config.direction.sensorAccel entry
.caps.config.direction.sensorAccel.enabled bool true
.caps.config.direction.compass entry
.caps.config.direction.compass.enabled bool true
.caps.config.direction.lcdAccel entry
.caps.config.direction.lcdAccel.enabled bool true

Offline David C

• Contributor
FLIR E4 Wifi Resolution and Menu Hack Thread
« Reply #574 on: February 22, 2018, 11:28:49 pm »
As I said, most likely Spirit's application grabs focus and does not retun it to that popup when you shut down Spirit's application. Any key presses are passed to the screen element that has current focus. If the popup loses focus it can't process key press events. You are trying to layer an application on top of other application on top of main application. My recommendation is - test your stuff on a non modded camera to prevent interference.

I'll say it another way. How can we bring this never seen before splash screen up ? What are the buttons or conditions you've set to prompt this popup ? If you can't bring this popup up during normal operation of the camera, then what's the point of it ? Could it be a forgotten beta popup of yours ? If so, could we remove it since we already get the splash screen at startup ?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf