Author Topic: FLIR E4 Wifi Resolution and Menu Hack Thread  (Read 438888 times)

Offline darix362

Re: FLIR E4 Wifi Resolution and Menu Hack Thread
« Reply #950 on: February 22, 2020, 11:27:28 am »
Hey there,

today i successfully liberated my E5xt HW 2.1L FW 3.16 with the provided packages (basic and advanced, christmas not tried).
Thanks a lot to Bud for his work and to PDS for testing the E5xt.

But there ist one more thing i noticed: So the E5xt should have an extended temperature range from -10 to 400 °C next to -20 to 250 °C. With the Advanced package the extended temperature range is gone in menu. I only can choose the normal range from -20 to 250.

So i hope we could find a fix for that. I which file are the ranges written down, did someone know that?

Offline Weston

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #951 on: February 22, 2020, 07:51:33 pm »
Just to check, is there any version of the E4 wifi which can not be upgraded? I was considering ordering a new one from TEquipment and applying the hack.

There is a guy on ebay that applies the hacks as a service and he claims that the E4 wifi HW 2.1L can not be unlocked, but it seems that people are unlocking HW 2.1L cameras. Does that only work starting from a E5xt instead of the E4?

Offline Bud

• Super Contributor
« Reply #952 on: February 22, 2020, 09:15:41 pm »
This entire thread is for E4. Just the previous page contains several references to E4 2.1L if you bother to read. Let the eBay guy do what he is doing,the Karma will find him  ;)
Facebook-free life and Rigol-free shack.

Offline Weston

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #953 on: February 22, 2020, 11:05:48 pm »
I really appreciate the work you do on this Bud, it must be frustrating to have some random guy on ebay profit on it.

I have searched the thread and read the last 10 pages or so. The only reference I can find to the 2.1L hardware revision is pds and darix362 upgrading their E5xt cameras, nothing about the E4. Does a E4 wifi 2.1L hardware revision even exist / is the E5xt similar enough to the E4 where it does not make a difference?

The procedure for upgrading the camera seems simple enough, I just wanted to check if anything has changed recently in terms of software or hardware revisions. I guess if I receive a camera with a new hardware/software revision that will not work I can always return it, but it would be great if that could be avoided.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2020, 11:36:54 pm by Weston »

Offline Bud

• Super Contributor
« Reply #954 on: February 23, 2020, 07:28:59 am »
If the hardware is of a same revision then there is no reason same changes would not work I think.

The following users thanked this post: Weston

Offline sitongec

« Reply #955 on: February 27, 2020, 01:20:00 am »
Hey there,

today i successfully liberated my E5xt HW 2.1L FW 3.16 with the provided packages (basic and advanced, christmas not tried).
Thanks a lot to Bud for his work and to PDS for testing the E5xt.

But there ist one more thing i noticed: So the E5xt should have an extended temperature range from -10 to 400 °C next to -20 to 250 °C. With the Advanced package the extended temperature range is gone in menu. I only can choose the normal range from -20 to 250.

So i hope we could find a fix for that. I which file are the ranges written down, did someone know that?
Hi darix362
                I have the same problem. I use the basic method of bud. I tried to solve the problem. I compared the original and replacement files of e5xt, and found that the file about temperature range is "design ui.xml", and it’s reference file is "ui_control.rsc". I tried to make such a change, changing"\flashbfs\system\ui. d\design_ui.xml" in UI_control.RSC file to "\flashbfs\system\ui.d\design_ui*.XML". Change the name of the design_ui.xml file, such as design_ui_hak.xml, copy the "design_ui_z3.xml" & "design_ui_z3ets.xml" from the backup, and then hard restart.

Offline darix362

« Reply #956 on: February 28, 2020, 11:59:16 pm »
So you changed the line "\FlashBFS\system\ui.d\design_ui.xml" in the file "ui_control.rsc" from the basic/advanced package to \FlashBFS\system\ui.d\design_ui*.xml"? Does it work for you without any other glitches?

Did the Camera know, which file she had to use, because for me the "*" looks like a placeholder for the files "design_ui_z3.xml" & "design_ui_z3ets.xml" or did she use all 3 files? Maybe the camera uses the first file recognising and "design_ui_hak.xml" comes at first.

The files "design_ui_z3.xml" & "design_ui_z3ets.xml" didn't changed during basic and advanced package or am i wrong?

Edit: Found the solution for the missing temperature range for the Ex-Series xt-Models:
In "design_ui.xml" add:

"<ui_model type="SettingsHorizontalModel" name="temperatureRangeSettingsModel" footerEnabled="true" backOnTrigger="1"
delegateType="valueSelector">
<ui_model type="TemperatureRangeSettingsModel" translations="footer"/>
</ui_model>"

after the following lines:

"<ui_model type="TemperatureRangeSettingsModel" name="temperatureRangeSettingsModel">
<ui_model_item type="SettingItem" ID="TEMP_RANGE" label="ID_SETUP_PROGRAMMABLE_TEMP_RANGE_BRIEF"/>
</ui_model>"

Now its possible to change the temperature range in the camera settings from "-20 - 250" to "10 - 400" °C.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2020, 08:09:13 pm by darix362 »

The following users thanked this post: bdeianov, Tolek

Offline sitongec

« Reply #957 on: February 29, 2020, 06:51:16 am »
yes more insurance.  u can change file name  "design_ui_hak.xml"  that is different from the wildcard or delete it.——this  only Test on my E5-XT Hw2.1 FW3.16
« Last Edit: March 04, 2020, 08:29:46 am by sitongec »

Offline Bud

• Super Contributor
« Reply #958 on: February 29, 2020, 07:01:24 am »
Guys can you start a separate topic for E5 to avoid confusing other readers. Thanks.

Offline ngzhang0

« Reply #959 on: March 04, 2020, 08:38:34 pm »
So my camera was firmware 1.2L, software 2.8.
I put the camera in RNDIS mode and then realized I would need to downgrade to 2.3 software. I tried the link posted and it was dead.
So I installed the latest version of Flir Tools and saw there was a software update to 3.16, a known hackable version based on my reading.
I installed it and rebooted the camera. Everything seems fine, EXCEPT that I cannot connect to it via FTP. If I set the Flir RNDIS network adapter to an IP of 192.168.0.2, I can ping it, but I cannot live connect in Flir Tools. I get the error "CAMERA_RTREE_CONNECT ERROR" in the Log window.
When trying to run a FIF to remove RNDIS I get "RESPONSE_TIMEOUT" in FlirInstallNet

Thoughts?

I'm in the same situation, my CAM is E4,1.2 and firmware 3.16, I use FLIRInstallNet and Set_RNDIS_permament to set it in RNDIS model, but when I hard restart the CAM, it operations well but nobody can connect to the CAM via USB, include FLIRInstallNet, FTP or FLIR TOOLS, the IP address goes to 169.254.87.9. I manually set it to 192.168.1.7 and it response the ping but FTP and telnet to this address don't work, the host just closed the connection. FLIRInstallNet will recognize a device named like " network - 192.168.1.8" (yes, its 192.168.1.8, not 192.168.1.7). When trying to run a FIF to remove RNDIS I get "RESPONSE_TIMEOUT" in FlirInstallNet

I'm sick now  |O

Offline Bud

• Super Contributor
« Reply #960 on: March 05, 2020, 05:59:36 am »
So my camera was firmware 1.2L, software 2.8.
I put the camera in RNDIS mode and then realized I would need to downgrade to 2.3 software. I tried the link posted and it was dead.
So I installed the latest version of Flir Tools and saw there was a software update to 3.16, a known hackable version based on my reading.
I installed it and rebooted the camera. Everything seems fine, EXCEPT that I cannot connect to it via FTP. If I set the Flir RNDIS network adapter to an IP of 192.168.0.2, I can ping it, but I cannot live connect in Flir Tools. I get the error "CAMERA_RTREE_CONNECT ERROR" in the Log window.
When trying to run a FIF to remove RNDIS I get "RESPONSE_TIMEOUT" in FlirInstallNet

Thoughts?

I'm in the same situation, my CAM is E4,1.2 and firmware 3.16, I use FLIRInstallNet and Set_RNDIS_permament to set it in RNDIS model, but when I hard restart the CAM, it operations well but nobody can connect to the CAM via USB, include FLIRInstallNet, FTP or FLIR TOOLS, the IP address goes to 169.254.87.9. I manually set it to 192.168.1.7 and it response the ping but FTP and telnet to this address don't work, the host just closed the connection. FLIRInstallNet will recognize a device named like " network - 192.168.1.8" (yes, its 192.168.1.8, not 192.168.1.7). When trying to run a FIF to remove RNDIS I get "RESPONSE_TIMEOUT" in FlirInstallNet

I'm sick now  |O

I do not think it would work if you manually change the IP of the RNDIS network adapter. What you should try is Windows XP (or a virtual machine running Windows XP). You have to achieve automatic assignment of the proper IP address (192.168.0.2 I believe). Windows 7 or Windows 10 may not correctly do it. WinXP does it correctly.

Offline ngzhang0

« Reply #961 on: March 05, 2020, 07:08:28 am »
Thanks, I will try it later. Maybe WIN10 is the problem.

Offline likuidphreon

• Contributor
« Reply #962 on: March 17, 2020, 06:43:06 pm »
Having spent a lot of time reading and searching, I am trying to determine the upgrade path for my E4 1.2L 3.12 camera. I see solutions for v 2.0 hardware, but I am not finding it for 1.2. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Offline darix362

« Reply #963 on: March 19, 2020, 03:44:33 pm »
Hey, maybe you have to look in the old thread. You can start at page 1, but maybe this message could help you.

https://www.eevblog.com/forum/thermal-imaging/flir-e4-thermal-imaging-camera-teardown/msg1335853/?topicseen#msg1335853

Offline Kkonline

« Reply #964 on: April 08, 2020, 10:44:23 am »
Guys,

I need some help about changing the model: E4 in the main unit camera information and also in the flir tools software (e4 wifi). :'(

Can someone show me some lights?

I have been trying to browse through every page but still didnt manage to find a way to do it.

Ready to donate. Thank you in advanced.

Offline Kkonline

« Reply #965 on: April 08, 2020, 10:48:01 am »
I saw someone was able to do it. I am still scratching my head how to do it after many days of research. Pls dhow dome lights.

Offline Fraser

• Super Contributor
« Reply #966 on: April 08, 2020, 11:15:38 am »

If you really want to change the identity of the camera you need to do it in the eeprom. This is not part of the main system flash memory. You will need direct access to the eeprom to do this. As far as I can remember the changing of the cameras identity is not available to you via the standard upgrade processes. Early Ex series cameras with a Service menu can unlock the eeprom for editing but you do not have the service menu to do that.

Fraser
« Last Edit: April 08, 2020, 02:25:53 pm by Fraser »
If I have helped you please consider a donation : https://gofund.me/c86b0a2c

Offline vinvin3128

« Reply #967 on: April 09, 2020, 02:02:36 pm »
i gotta say thank you!! really gave me a big hand on fixing the stuff on my E4. Here is another problem. Would E4 maintain a function of including a black body in the camera's field of view so that it can improve the system's performance? i mean would it show variance before and after including a black body. Thank You.

Offline KONNEX

« Reply #968 on: April 09, 2020, 09:58:03 pm »
I did it but this whole situation with 1000 pages is somewhat challenging.
Upgraded my new E5 1.2L with 2.11 successfully.

I know the following was asked some pages ago but maybe the situation has changes.
Is it possible or not to update 1.2L cam to Firmware e.g. 3.9? and apply the mods of Bud?

Or is everyone really against this as the risk is too high to brick something?

Question: Is it possible to have the cam running in RNDIS, UVC and MSD Mode?

EDIT:

NVM: I updated the cam to 3.9 in RDNIS mode (important) with the 3.9 FIF File over FlirInstallNet and it worked (I accepted all prompts)
Someone should just clearly make the statement that pretty much everything in the original thread is obsolete, except for the simple RDNIS FIF files.

Bud made great package and also the recovery guide (if in boot loop) safed my ...

I'm way too much of a noob in this field to recommend anything but I can say that my E5 with 1.2L is now on 3.9 (because of initial Upgradeway of Bud)

You start here:
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/thermal-imaging/flir-e4-wifi-resolution-and-menu-hack-thread/msg1336326/#msg1336326

FIF files for RDNIS (Just use the Folder: FLIRfif - the rest is outdated for the most part and especially 3.9)
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/thermal-imaging/flir-e4-thermal-imaging-camera-teardown/msg921880/#msg921880

cfccfg_V2.zip
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/thermal-imaging/flir-e4-thermal-imaging-camera-teardown/msg596959/#msg596959

Full Update to 3.9
https://www.mediafire.com/file/z2e44uvzm99u9a7/v3.9.0__update_pack.zip/file

common_dll v 3.12
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/thermal-imaging/flir-e4-wifi-resolution-and-menu-hack-thread/msg1397359/#msg1397359

common_dll v 3.16
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/thermal-imaging/flir-e4-wifi-resolution-and-menu-hack-thread/msg2252082/#msg2252082

Than back to start to the Basic, Advanced, (Christmas) files.

« Last Edit: April 10, 2020, 11:45:59 am by KONNEX »

Offline darix362

« Reply #969 on: April 14, 2020, 11:38:45 am »
Is there a way to change the standby-/deep sleep times?

Cause when i turn off with short press power button, then cam is going to standby-mode for about 24 to 48 hours. If i turn it back on in between this time, it sometimes freezes or shows up an appcore error. After full restart everything seems fine like a normal boot after cold start (long press power button to shutdown).

Did someone experience the same problems?

Offline KONNEX

« Reply #970 on: April 17, 2020, 12:32:19 pm »
2 questions:
1) How to enter the credit screen that bud implemented?

2) Using Iron or Rainbow with temp range.. and looking at objects like a house with the sky in the background (-40°) - how do I compensate the scale?

Offline Kkonline

« Reply #971 on: April 22, 2020, 02:18:23 pm »
Hi,

Can anyone mind to enlighten me why video streaming is particularly jerky for this enhanced E4 please?

2. See attachment for relevant spec.
3. Any solution to make the streaming smoother will be greatly appreciated. This does not seem to happen to earlier e4 batches.
4. Hope this post will help others as well.

Thank you so much.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2020, 02:26:53 pm by Kkonline »

Offline Bud

• Super Contributor
« Reply #972 on: April 22, 2020, 02:44:22 pm »
What do you mean by "enhanced" ? A newer product number?

Search this forum for E4 radiometric streaming, there was a Linux based application developed based on a hacked Libuvc.

Offline Kkonline

« Reply #973 on: April 22, 2020, 02:50:34 pm »
What do you mean by "enhanced" ? A newer product number?

Search this forum for E4 radiometric streaming, there was a Linux based application developed based on a hacked Libuvc.

Hi Bud. Enhanced E4 means the upgraded E4, The live-streaming video is jerky using the standard flir tools software through the E4 is jerky.. Any help will be appreciated.

Offline Bud

• Super Contributor
« Reply #974 on: April 22, 2020, 03:02:47 pm »
I can't see it upgraded. The upgraded E4 does not have the logo.

I do not use flir tools and can't help with it.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf