Author Topic: FLIR E4 Wifi Resolution and Menu Hack Thread  (Read 434868 times)

Offline KD0CAC John

• Frequent Contributor
Re: FLIR E4 Wifi Resolution and Menu Hack Thread
« Reply #1225 on: June 16, 2022, 04:50:47 am »
I wanted to downgrade for the reasons mentioned a little earlier --- 1.9 had all the improvements & was easier to mod ?
I do have the E4 WIFI 13.3.9

Offline charlyd

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1226 on: August 17, 2022, 08:14:41 pm »
i got a Flir E4. fw 1.21. (hw 1.1L) from what me was told it has the resolution and menu hack.  can this E4 be upgrade or do i brick the camera  with a fw update to 2.3.0. for example?

i don t have the original unhacked files  from a v1.21 Flir E4 can somebody post them here.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2022, 08:16:17 pm by charlyd »

Offline Voodoobrew

« Reply #1227 on: September 26, 2022, 04:45:28 pm »
Just did my new FLIR 63906-0604 E4 with Firmware version: 3.16.0 (out of the box).

mostly trying to follow the instructions here https://www.eevblog.com/forum/thermal-imaging/flir-e4-wifi-resolution-and-menu-hack-thread/msg4044625/#msg4044625

I used the files from https://www.eevblog.com/forum/thermal-imaging/flir-e4-wifi-resolution-and-menu-hack-thread/msg4043233/#msg4043233

I had only one issue but I got it all working.
The common_dll.dll I could not delete or copy over. It took me the better part of 4 hours to find I could rename it to common_dll.dll.bak then upload the new common_dll.dll
Trying to delete the common_dll.dll file gave me these 2 errors
     File unavailable (e.g., file not found, no access).
     Exceeded storage allocation (for current directory or dataset).
The only reference I could find on those errors the guy got called a troll so... Not to helpful to me.
Now know that I need to rename instead of replace I do see thats its been posted before.

Everything else went pretty smooth.

FYI: While I can FTP right in on the Wi-Fi IP using -User: flir   -Password: 3vlig
   There was no access to the folder \FlashFS\ where the config.cfc is
   So you do still need to load Set_RNDIS_temporary.fif

I did get the Timeout waiting for camera response which probably meant I already completed that step so just move to next one. You know its good if you can see the \FlashFS\ folder

While I did just backup everything I could just in case I only went to 3 files, only 2 of which got replaced, the other was just to find the

Thanks everyone for putting this together.
I just figured I would make a post with keywords people might find if they have similar issues.

@Sebastian82 if you has said "22)   Now go to “_\FlashBFS\system” and rename the “common_dll.dll” and uplaod the one you need. I used the hacked “common_dll_3.16.zip” from the forum."
I would have had zero issues. To be fair I never saw the previous instructions that those were based off.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2022, 04:57:22 pm by Voodoobrew »

Offline Marekx89

• Contributor
« Reply #1228 on: September 29, 2022, 04:27:33 pm »
Hello, where i find last version of hack ? thanks

Offline KD0CAC John

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1229 on: September 30, 2022, 03:32:16 am »
I am watching a few threads about this , but am a long way from being able to answer much on the subject .
But seems to me there is at least 2 different ways to go - and the choice on which path to take depends on which version of camera you have & what soft / firmware you have , at least as I understand what I have found .

Offline Marekx89

• Contributor
« Reply #1230 on: September 30, 2022, 07:28:25 am »
actually i have 3.16 firmware with hack. Or is any manual how instal hack to camera ? step by step ?

Offline KCT_99

• Regular Contributor

Offline Marekx89

• Contributor

Offline Bud

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1233 on: October 12, 2022, 04:39:30 am »
actually i have 3.16 firmware with hack. Or is any manual how instal hack to camera ? step by step ?
You already have it applied. There is no anything else.
Facebook-free life and Rigol-free shack.

Offline c00kemon

• Contributor
« Reply #1234 on: November 13, 2022, 07:32:10 pm »
Recently purchased a new E4 WIFI. I express my deep gratitude and low bow to all participants who contributed to the possibility of hacking this device.
I did everything according to Bud's instructions, there were absolutely no difficulties.
I had an idea to check the camera spatial resolution after hacking with a real experiment. I found a copper stranded wire in vinyl insulation at home, the wire diameter is exactly 2mm.
I made a grill out of the wire with intervals of 2 mm, connected it to the power supply and applied a current of 6 amperes. Then I opened an online calculator for Flir cameras (https://flir.custhelp.com/app/utils/fl_fovCalc/pn/63903-0403/ret_url/%252Fapp%252Ffl_download_datasheets%252Fid%252F15) to calculate IFOV, calculated that in order to recognize a 2 * 2mm object, I need to move the camera to a distance of 775mm, also made several thermograms from a closer distance. Even though the noise generator was turned off, the coils of the test grill showed noise in the form of stray dots. Perhaps my experiment and test grill is not perfect, but I was satisfied. ;)

The following users thanked this post: sephalix

Offline c00kemon

• Contributor
« Reply #1235 on: November 14, 2022, 08:21:41 pm »
Who has a package of files to activate the web service menu? Can you please send it to PM?

Online Fraser

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1236 on: November 14, 2022, 08:47:02 pm »
It was removed from the cameras file structure in a way that could not be added and be functional. This was tried long ago and failed. Essential service mode sub routines are missing.

Fraser
If I have helped you please consider a donation : https://gofund.me/c86b0a2c

The following users thanked this post: c00kemon

Offline c00kemon

• Contributor
« Reply #1237 on: November 14, 2022, 09:01:26 pm »
Then I ask you to explain to me how the metadata of the camera is being changed now? Model and part number on latest firmware version 3.16.0?

Offline Bud

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1238 on: November 14, 2022, 09:02:25 pm »
@ c00kemon
What you can try to improve quality of pictures you take on the liberated camera is the following
:
after you boot the camera, toggle the cursor mode, e.g. turn the measurement cursor off and then back on. This will reduce  JPG compression (the "quality" will go from 80% to 100% in Flir terms).

There was no way to permanently change compression level, only temporarily until next reboot. The above method was a little hack.

You can compare jpg artefacts on a same object images before and after, you should see noticable improvement.

Offline Bud

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1239 on: November 14, 2022, 09:05:55 pm »
Then I ask you to explain to me how the metadata of the camera is being changed now? Model and part number on latest firmware version 3.16.0?
Likely by changing the respective data in EEPROM. The EEPROM password is in this thread.

Offline c00kemon

• Contributor
« Reply #1240 on: November 14, 2022, 09:07:18 pm »
@Bud
Thanks for this tip, i will try repeat my experiment with this "little hack" :)

Offline c00kemon

• Contributor
« Reply #1241 on: November 14, 2022, 09:13:50 pm »
I already found the password. But I don’t understand how to get into the EEPROM, I can’t access it via the web. Can I get detailed instructions?

Offline c00kemon

• Contributor
« Reply #1242 on: November 14, 2022, 09:30:09 pm »
@ c00kemon
What you can try to improve quality of pictures you take on the liberated camera is the following
:
after you boot the camera, toggle the cursor mode, e.g. turn the measurement cursor off and then back on. This will reduce  JPG compression (the "quality" will go from 80% to 100% in Flir terms).

There was no way to permanently change compression level, only temporarily until next reboot. The above method was a little hack.

You can compare jpg artefacts on a same object images before and after, you should see noticable improvement.

No noticeable difference in quality was noticed, perhaps when conducting the experiment for the first time, I accidentally turned off and on the cursor and there was already 100% jpeg quality.

Online Fraser

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1243 on: November 14, 2022, 09:38:45 pm »
The EEPROM contains the camera model details. From memory it is accessed via the Service Menu. Unlocking of the EEPROM requires a password that is known. The information in the EEPROM may then be edited and the EEPROM locked. Direct editing of the EEPROM data using an EEPROM programmer may be possible but there was concern regarding the possibility of a checksum process that could cause issues if the official unlock and lock process was not used.

Fraser
If I have helped you please consider a donation : https://gofund.me/c86b0a2c

Offline c00kemon

• Contributor
« Reply #1244 on: November 14, 2022, 09:46:37 pm »
I already understood about EEPROM from your first post. But I see that some people in the aftermarket in my country are changing the metadata on new cameras with latest FW, I just want to know how it's done in detail.

Offline Bud

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1245 on: November 14, 2022, 11:09:07 pm »
No noticeable difference in quality was noticed, perhaps when conducting the experiment for the first time, I accidentally turned off and on the cursor and there was already 100% jpeg quality.
Can you post your center cursor preset?

Offline Bud

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1246 on: November 14, 2022, 11:12:01 pm »
I already understood about EEPROM from your first post. But I see that some people in the aftermarket in my country are changing the metadata on new cameras with latest FW, I just want to know how it's done in detail.
We do not know, apparently it was someone's work outside of this thread.

Offline c00kemon

• Contributor
« Reply #1247 on: November 26, 2022, 12:39:07 pm »
The central crosshair preset, the distance 775mm.

« Last Edit: November 26, 2022, 12:42:11 pm by c00kemon »

Offline Bud

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1248 on: November 26, 2022, 02:33:20 pm »
I mean the preset file itself.

Offline c00kemon

• Contributor
« Reply #1249 on: November 26, 2022, 06:09:11 pm »
Now I understand what it's about.  I gave you a link to a backup of my camera, did you watch it?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf